• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

2008 Presidential Election - Obama v McCain (1 Viewer)

Who would you vote for?

• Barrack Obama

Votes: 380 76.0%
  • John Mccain

Votes: 120 24.0%

• Total voters

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
What awe you, from the Eff-Be-Eye, what the C-Eye-Aye?
I'm from Manhattan!
Hillary's state!

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
Iron said:
The Democrats are throwing the election away! For what?! An inadequate black male?! Who would not have been running had it not been a white woman that was running for president. And I’m not going to shut my mouth anymore. I can be called white but you can’t be called black! That’s not my America!! It’s equality for all of us. It’s about time we all stood up for it.

I’m no second class citizen. And God Damn the Democrats! Our Democratic party threw us down the tubes! I was a second class citizen before. Now I’m nothing! Why? Because they wanna do what they wanna do. And they think we won’t turn and vote for McCain. Well, I’ve got news for all of you. McCain will be the next president of the United States!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPyeKe-EFf4

spiny norman

HSC
Iron said:
If you take away political correctness, there are real differences between someone with experience in executive government and someone with the least experience in 150years.
I just dont want to see us fall back into a Carter, because I see no Reagan on the horizon to save us from the damage
Jimmy Carter had a fair amount of experience though?

It's not the be-all of presidential ability, you know. Or else Gerald Ford'd be America's all time greatest president, and Lincoln the worst.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
I hate these kind of polls. Whotf cares? Obama is a more interesting candidate than an old white guy - you'd be more entertained by him on the news - anything else?
Shallow, stupid, the PITS of democracy

Edit, to quote Frank Costello: DIS AINT REALITY T.V.

Last edited:

HNAKXR

Wooooooo...OOOoOOOOoOOoP!
HSC
N/A
politicians are going to fuck your nation up regardless of who you choose, whoever wins we lose.

dougieblow

HSC
black people only eat watermelon and chicken

Last edited:

Trefoil

One day...
HSC
N/A
Iron said:
I hate these kind of polls. Whotf cares? Obama is a more interesting candidate than an old white guy - you'd be more entertained by him on the news - anything else?
Shallow, stupid, the PITS of democracy

Edit, to quote Frank Costello: DIS AINT REALITY T.V.
That's rubbish. Obama is fairly boring - any American can probably tell you that.

It's not Obama who's half senile and can't remember whether the economy is strong or not. It's not Obama who can only handle one thing at once, cancelled the debate, and then decided to cancel his cancellation. It's not Obama who elects a beauty queen bimbo as his running mate. It's not Obama who sings songs about bombing Iran and North Korea. And it's not Obama who calls other senators 'cunts' and whatnot.

So yeah, if I were voting based on who entertains me the most, it would definitely be McCain.

A High Way Man

all ova da world
HSC
It's funny to see ppl (IRON) whinge about obama being an empty 'celebrity', when they were gushing over sarah palin.. what u could say is the exact same phenomenon. Now that palin has been revealed to be as dumb as hell, looks like they're back to whinging over obama

Last edited:

Trefoil

One day...
HSC
N/A
atreus said:
anyone see letterman last night?
http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=5hLVRHp6L7o

rofl.
would letterman mocking him daily do much damage to mccain?
To put it simply: yes.

Letterman was normally favourable to McCain. McCain even announced his candidacy on Letterman. So to have Letterman turn around and give a heartfelt, angry tirade about how McCain had betrayed him and lied to him, and to actively question his judgement on one of America's most watched TV shows is not good for McCain. It likely (helped) change the minds of maybe 1%-2% about McCain (combined with the rest of his recent fuckups). Might not seem much, but it's actually fairly huge.

If you think that one is good, you should watch Letterman's first tirade against McCain. It's hilarious most of all because it's so true.

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=XjkCrfylq-E&feature=related

Crates

Banned
HSC
I seriously love Lettermen. I love his sincerity, and I love the way he tells the truth and isn't afraid to give his guests a serve, unlike Rove who might as well lick his guest's anuses.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Lol sorry, but Letterman doesnt have the influence to change 2% of the population's opinion. Everybody knows that he's a liberal stooge, he's just pissing away his twighlight days by having a bit o fun with bias. Modest figures say that Iraq cost Bush just under 2% in 2004 - and that was a total cock-up.

And lol i'd agree that McCain is more entertaining than Obama, but it's a higher form of entertainment which is linked to actually doing shit - like pummeling some dickhead's ass with a baseball bat because they fuck-en deserve it -YER- not this slipshod sugary female Oprah shit Obama pulls 'OH we is gonna CHANGE everything and there will be marshmellows, lollypops, candy - cant you see, if only you'll listen, it will be ever so nice' what with the frolicking and breathy voice BLAR LIBERAL PUSSY DIE AAARRR

And I'll gush all I want about Palin. She's going for VP. It's a side-show. The fact is that NO VP candidate has measurably helped a candidate's vote, with the possible exception of LBJ carrying the South for JFK

A High Way Man

all ova da world
HSC
u cant win an occupation

thus, to talk about victory is crass. what is 'victory'? no violence, the iraqi government taking responsibility for their own people and country?

duh. thats what the democrats, 'liberal traitors' want, too.

the only people talking about defeat are republicans.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Victory is change
War is defeat
Prosperity is hope
Peace is dialogue
Vietnam is Iraq
Afghanistan is Pakistan
Experience is failure
Black is white

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)