• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

2008 = Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton for President (1 Viewer)

Dominic

HSC
N/A
Not that I think it is possible, but it would be good to have two 'President Clinton's in the white house at the same time.

Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton for President in 2008!!!

Senator04

HSC
N/A
Seems to be the way that things may head. However, if America has reelected one of the most conservative right wing governments postwar, then can they swing completely and electe the first femal president in 2008? I'm not sure.

MoonlightSonata

Retired
HSC
N/A
I would like to see either Clinton there

but I doubt America is going have a woman president anytime soon

tWiStEdD

deity of ultimate reason
HSC
She's extremely popular over there. Anyone even partial to the democrats would vote for her. Not to mention plenty of swing voters.

ThePix

obviously the female vote would swing majorly in the democrats favour (if it already isnt i wouldnt know)

but im afraid 2008 is along way away... god only knows wat bush has planned before then

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
Be an interesting team religious black senator and progressive Hilary clinton, could leave a dent in the Democrats senate. Certainly get Bill Clinton and Gore out there sstumping for them. Would the hillary campaign want to associate closely with Bill?

Black senator/Hillary team would seem to sew up the black vote, the female vote and a fair swag of swinging voters.

Negative campaigning based on her being not suitable to command armed forces likely, though if there was a war she could steal Elizabeth the firsts speech before the Spanish Armada naval battle.

ohne

HSC
i cant see the US electing a female president anytime soon. i couldn't even see someone like Margaret Thatcher being elected at the moment

Lorie

HSC
yeah i guess Hillary Clinton could be a good choice for the democrates, however, yeah shes a great speaker, has a great relations with the people and has stayed in the whitehouse before. But to be honest i don't know much about her politically, i still just reguard her has Bill Clinton's wife rather then Sen. Hillary Clinton.

Of couse being married to one of the greatest presidents America has had would be a great plus for her, and he would back her 100%, and that could have a big say within the democrates party.

BUt i guess the main agruments against her would be her inexperiance. But John Edwards hadn't even finished his first term, before running for vice. And i guess that fact that she is a women would go against her. A sad fact that being a women would play a role, but true, and i guess if any party would accept a woman leader it would be the democrates. I guess the big issue of security in America is important and the image of a woman lead, however silly this may sounds would look "weak". (i don't not agree with this, but unfortuantly it is a bias that is around).

However, alot can happen in 4 years. Remember last election...war is where?? war against terror-wha?? Issues change in politics and maybe Hillary would be a good choice depending on the state on the world and america. Kerry might be a better politican for this loss and may try again in 4 years, or maybe Edwards might even have a go.

zahid

Sheikh Mujib-ur-Rahman
HSC
ohne said:
i cant see the US electing a female president anytime soon. i couldn't even see someone like Margaret Thatcher being elected at the moment
I think it's about time you open your eyes.

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
ohne said:

mate, i think you can get rid of your sig now :uhhuh:

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
i think a women president could easily get elected, especially hillary.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Nader was the only candidate that said the entire war was wrong.

Hillary will be elected in 2008. I guarentee it (baring another attack on america or a peaceful resolution to iraq).

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
That Hillary has a fine arse, I'd vote for her if I was american.

ohne

HSC
iambored said:
i think a women president could easily get elected, especially hillary.
i'm not sure. it is no coincidence that the past 43 presidents have all been men. unfortunantly, i think there are many people (including) women who would not trust a woman taking the job of president and commander in chief. the us electorate is very conservative and does not like huge change

it should be said, however, that our head of state and commander in chief is a woman (the queen) and is doing a fine job. then again, america is vastly different to australia and the commonwealth

Bone577

HSC
N/A
ohne said:
i'm not sure. it is no coincidence that the past 43 presidents have all been men. unfortunantly, i think there are many people (including) women who would not trust a woman taking the job of president and commander in chief. the us electorate is very conservative and does not like huge change

it should be said, however, that our head of state and commander in chief is a woman (the queen) and is doing a fine job. then again, america is vastly different to australia and the commonwealth

The queen doesn't really do much anymore though. Realy it is just symbolic. Besides she wasn't elected.

I realy don't see a female president happening. But I don't think her war credentials will be that much of a negative. If you want to make people think women can handle war just point them to Thatcher.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)