2009 Macquarie Uni Offers / General Chatter (1 Viewer)

miss-smexy

HSC
Re: 2009 Macquarie Uni Offers

friends from other uni'/s are picking their units already??? can we do that aswell?? or do we have to wait.. i just dont wanna miss out picking my units hehe

haha yeh you can pick your units already but on enrolment day they'll teach you exactly how to enrol in those specific units that you want. and dw it's unlikely you'll miss out, but if you're doing law make sure to enrol in ur law tutes because classes get full pretty quickly.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A

Yeah you won't miss out on subjects but classes are notorious for filling up :)

lucidassembly

HSC

YAAAAAY.
i think it's you, me and dolbinau! in the honours course at least! :) :)
It'll be great to have fellow BOSers there! After all, we're by far the most awesome :p

I can't log into MyMQ it keeps telling me there's a system error:confused:
I've been getting the same thing :( I haven't worked out how to access it yet (I remember reading somewhere that you should try 48 hours after accepting your offer, so that might be it), but I'll let you know if I can.

Logjammin'

HSC

It'll be great to have fellow BOSers there! After all, we're by far the most awesome :p
How do we spot out the other BOSers? Pasty white skin? Should we draw our forum names on our foreheads?

EDIT: btw, it says "(Note : this is a one time only process, allow a 48 hour period after completing enrollment)", not after accepting offer.

Last edited:

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A

How do we spot out the other BOSers? Pasty white skin? Should we draw our forum names on our foreheads?

EDIT: btw, it says "(Note : this is a one time only process, allow a 48 hour period after completing enrollment)", not after accepting offer.
You'll be the ones looking aroudn the lecture theatre looking shifty

accolade

HSC

B InstStud B Laws. Gonna decline it though.

rcurtis

HSC

Another Bachelor of Psychology (Honours) student reportin' in. With numbers like this half of us will end up flipping burgers.

Edit: Just a quick question for those who can answer: Excluding the core units of PSY104, PSY105 and STAT170, how many other units are we expected to undertake in the first year? What is the norm?

Last edited:

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A

Another Bachelor of Psychology (Honours) student reportin' in. With numbers like this half of us will end up flipping burgers.

Edit: Just a quick question for those who can answer: Excluding the core units of PSY104, PSY105 and STAT170, how many other units are we expected to undertake in the first year? What is the norm?
Normal workloads feature 12 credit points per semester (usually 3-4 subjects depending on their weighting)

accolade

HSC

i finished my hsc in 07 . did B Inst Std at unsw in 08 and i think ill just stay at unsw.

lucidassembly

HSC

Thanks for that :) Also, the pasty skin idea might actually work nicely lol.

Welcome to our rapidly growing club :D AsyLum was right in regards to the number of units. One of the Department of Psychology documents I picked up on info day states "You normally take eight units in your first year if you are a full time student: 4 in the first semester and 4 in the second. All first-year units are three credit points each, so this means you take 24 credit points at first-year level."

dance2urownbeat

Ridiculously Good Looking
HSC

woo! hi! and nope, no burgers for us four at least hehe.

X

xeuyrawp

I spoke with a Rob in relation to international studies. It sounded pretty busy in the background
Haha. Hope I was helpful. :)

On a scale of 1 to 10, where 1 is Rugby League, and 10 is flaming, how gay do I sound on the phone?

Logjammin'

HSC

Haha. Hope I was helpful. :)

On a scale of 1 to 10, where 1 is Rugby League, and 10 is flaming, how gay do I sound on the phone?
I could have sworn you were one of the forwards for the newcastle knights

Nah you sounded good - your voice wasn't monotonous like call-centre type people. Rob, I daresay you enjoyed calling people up; or maybe you've been practicing..

Keep up the vocals :headbang:

Tonthat

HSC

Are there any disadvantages to choosing to enroll on the late round day?
Is there less choice of units and time table options?

X

xeuyrawp

I could have sworn you were one of the forwards for the newcastle knights

Nah you sounded good - your voice wasn't monotonous like call-centre type people. Rob, I daresay you enjoyed calling people up; or maybe you've been practicing..

Keep up the vocals :headbang:
Hahah, that's awesome. Yeah it was enjoyable to call people up, students at this stage are usually so confused. :(

What's your language?

Tonthat said:
Are there any disadvantages to choosing to enroll on the late round day?
Is there less choice of units and time table options?
Basically, you
* may not be able to enrol in units if they're full (which is rare),
* may not be able to enrol in preferable classes (which happens frequently),
* may not get to speak with a decent academic advisor from your exact area (which is not a problem if you know exactly what you're doing),
* will be able to plan everything later - ie your timetable, what books you need, etc.

Tonthat

HSC

Thanks for the reply PwarYuex.

Also, What day is late enrolment?

On this site:Macquarie University
it says
You must attend on-campus academic advising on Monday 9 February 2009.
On this site:Macquarie University
it says
If you are unable to authorise a proxy to attend for you, you must register to attend the Late Enrolment Day being held on Thursday 19 February 2009.

Last edited:

Logjammin'

HSC

Hahah, that's awesome. Yeah it was enjoyable to call people up, students at this stage are usually so confused. :(

What's your language?
Japanese - I wasn't sure if we could start at beginners or not.

Can we choose to not enroll into the CSP (due to not having a TFN) during the main round enrollment and do it later? I need to go to the ATO on monday and I have a feeling I won't get my TFN by the 3rd...

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A

Japanese - I wasn't sure if we could start at beginners or not.

Can we choose to not enroll into the CSP (due to not having a TFN) during the main round enrollment and do it later? I need to go to the ATO on monday and I have a feeling I won't get my TFN by the 3rd...
In order to obtain a FEE-HELP or HECS-HELP loan you must supply your Tax File Number (TFN) to the University by the census date. If you have a TFN you should include this in your eCaf.

If you do not have a TFN you must lodge a request for a TFN with the Australian Taxation Office. Applications are normally processed within 21 days. The Australian Taxation Office can issue you with a “Certificate of Application for a TFN” (Certificate) proving that you have lodged an application. The Certificate is valid for a 21 day period from the date of issue.

If you are required to lodge your eCaf before you have your TFN then submit your eCaf on eStudent. However you will need to select the upfront payment option on the eCaf. Please note you are not locked into paying upfront for your fees as long as you provide a TFN or a copy of the Certificate to the Student Enquiry Service by the census date at the latest. Please note you will not need to go back and change the payment option on your eCaf, as long as you have supplied your TFN by the census date or by the end of the 21 day validation period (if you have provided the Certificate by the census date).

Once you have received your TFN contact the Commonwealth Loan Schemes Officer on +61 2 9850 6188 or 7323, email eCaf@mq.edu.au, or complete the slip available at the Student Enquiry Service counter, Level 1, Lincoln Building (C8A). Once the TFN is received you will be entitled to a HECS-HELP or FEE-HELP loan.
^

Source: http://www.student.mq.edu.au/cgi-bin/external/viewFAQ.cgi?category=eCAF&menutype=MQnU#q6

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)