2009 Main Round cut-offs (1 Viewer)

nodule51

HSC
UAC must have started their web services early, like they do with the UAi release, just to remove the initial spike of hits.

msh

HSC
Gosh, heaps of courses went up so much!
I know. . what happened to 609280 B Design Interior BA Int Stds 99.90 :eek: That course isn't even eligible for HSC bonus point schemes, since it's a combined Design degree with int studies. :eek:

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
Well, you're not going to lose anything by doing so...

D.

Blurg!
HSC
N/A
A few years ago, after I received a main round offer from USyd, I changed my preferences both in the late and final rounds to courses which, supposedly, had no vacancies. I was offered places in both of them.

Kalashnikov47

HSC
the cut-off thing is bullshxt~~~ my friend got an offer from UTS with 10 points under its published cut-off~~~

aq15

HSC
Is there any point in applying for Late Round offers in a course that doesn't have the little (V) vacancy symbol next to the course?
From what i logically am thinking. Offers are made now and have no (V) symbol next to the course are full at this stage, but what if some people that were offered that course didn't want to do it for some unknown reason, then there would be spots opened up for late round offers.

This is what i think, not what i know but it sounds logical. correct me if im wrong =D

HSC
Well, you're not going to lose anything by doing so...
True =].

A few years ago, after I received a main round offer from USyd, I changed my preferences both in the late and final rounds to courses which, supposedly, had no vacancies. I was offered places in both of them.
the cut-off thing is bullshxt~~~ my friend got an offer from UTS with 10 points under its published cut-off~~~
Wow. Yeah, I figured that cut-offs were not always so strict...but I just assumed that even people who got below the cut offs would have been accepted by now, thus making no more room left for late and final round people with lower UAI's.
I guess not...

From what i logically am thinking. Offers are made now and have no (V) symbol next to the course are full at this stage, but what if some people that were offered that course didn't want to do it for some unknown reason, then there would be spots opened up for late round offers.

This is what i think, not what i know but it sounds logical. correct me if im wrong =D
I thought that at first, but it's insisted that even if you don't like your main round offer and still want to try for a more desirable course that you accept the main round offer anyways, because you could get nothing in the end. So by that reasoning, wouldn't pretty much most people (excluding those people who were set on one particular course and thus decided to scrap the going to uni option altogether when they didn't get in) accept?
But it does make sense that small amounts of vacancies could open up between now and late round.

BigDk

HSC
they should make it no bonus points. the whole system needs to be more transparent. u dont know what the fk u need to get to get in.

proringz

HSC
It has no vacancies at the time of publishing but obviously with rejecting offers and all, a few vacancies will probably come up.

Also, "A letter ‘V’ shown in brackets after the cut-off indicates that some places may be available in the Late Round. Vacancies could also arise in some courses not marked ‘V’. This will not be known until after acceptances to Main Round offers have been received and no guarantee is given that further offers will be made." as quoted from cut-off pdf.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)