2009 Trial HSC Exams Discussion (2 Viewers)

r u satisfied wif ur results

• yes im pleased

Votes: 16 11.7%
  • im disappointed

Votes: 62 45.3%
  • alright, but could've done beta

Votes: 50 36.5%
  • i don't care

Votes: 9 6.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Uncle

Banned
HSC
Re: Trial hsc

I learn everything before hand as I progressed in class and do light refreshers days before the trials which is different to cramming.
Cramming just shows how much time you wasted beforehand.

Then the trials were easy and so was the HSC.

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC

I learn everything before hand as I progressed in class and do light refreshers days before the trials which is different to cramming.
Cramming just shows how much time you wasted beforehand.

Then the trials were easy and so was the HSC.
I attempted to do this, but i couldn't... i procrastinate too much >.>

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad

I retain a lot of information I have learnt previously but in regard to maths... cramming is essential and especially being able to do all sorts of questions. Just today I found a question that my maths teacher had never come across before... not that hard but very different and I was glad to find it for now I know how to approach such a question.

Uncle

Banned
HSC

I retain a lot of information I have learnt previously but in regard to maths... cramming is essential and especially being able to do all sorts of questions. Just today I found a question that my maths teacher had never come across before... not that hard but very different and I was glad to find it for now I know how to approach such a question.
The good thing about mathematics is it isn't a rote learning subject.
The more problems you work with the better you get.
I worked with countless problems.

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad

The good thing about mathematics is it isn't a rote learning subject.
The more problems you work with the better you get.
I worked with countless problems.
That's very true.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Re: Trial timetables?

Got ours maybe 2-3 weeks ago.

electrolysis

congenital schmuck
HSC

we got our 'official' trials timetable only last week..
but the drat CSSA timetable has been out for agesss, some time around the beginning of the year if i remember correctly :)

spoonbender

HSC

I've got all my exams in a row. Not even a day's break. Thank you CSSA. >_>

northbank

HSC

How do you all have the motivation to study? I fucking can't, and when i finally do sit down and get my books out i don't even know how. I just type notes and that does fuck all for me and its too tedious to just memorise notes for subjects like ecos. Anyone got any suggestions, because i am like the 1st type too where i forget everything. The last term, i did no work, i just did assessments and did them good.

hermand

je t'aime.
HSC

one of my teachers is a nazi and he said to relax for a few days and the rest 3-4 hours should suffice in the holidays.

ajay098

HSC

one of my teachers is a nazi and he said to relax for a few days and the rest 3-4 hours should suffice in the holidays.
my coordinator told our grade to take 4-5 days off during the two weeks so we can 'concentrate' for the rest of the time...LOL

i agree with some free time to balance but i think 1- 2 days rest is max and the rest = questions ->infinity :haha:

eriito

Elite Member
HSC

It depends, are you the kind that forgets everything throughout the year and needs to refresh your memory about the entire course? If so, cram like hell!

If you're the kind that remembers pretty much everything for the entire year, then you obviously can relax a bit as everything is still in your head.

I'm the 1st type; i concentrate on whatever assessments i currently have an forget about what i've learnt... so i'll be cramming like hell. That and because i'd like to expose myself to as many questions as possible :)
im the first type

Kujah

HSC
N/A

Rest as much as possible, so you don't burn out just before your trials/HSC exams. I might be wrong here, but most of us will set lofty goals, but as the holidays progress, you will find that you will slack off and only pick your studying up towards the latter end of the break.

It really depends on when your trials are going to be set. For those whose exams are in the middle of the term, no doubt you will fall into the above category more so than students who have their trials earlier :)

hermand

je t'aime.
HSC

Rest as much as possible, so you don't burn out just before your trials/HSC exams. I might be wrong here, but most of us will set lofty goals, but as the holidays progress, you will find that you will slack off and only pick your studying up towards the latter end of the break.

It really depends on when your trials are going to be set. For those whose exams are in the middle of the term, no doubt you will fall into the above category more so than students who have their trials earlier :)
i agree with this. 1-2 days rest just isn't enough down time.

random-1005

Banned
HSC
Trial Timetables?

How do the trial timetables look for your school?

My schools is shit as, there are two sessions (morning: 9-12 and afternoon 12.30-3.30). We are also meant to be in the hall 15 minutes before it starts and it looks like there isnt any reading time either (or if there is it would leave a shorter break between exams for those who have 2 on the one day). So if you have two exams on one day (which pretty much everyone is guaranteed to have) you are essentially coming out of one to go straight back into another.

is anyone elses this shit lol

Last edited:

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Re: Trial Timetables?

I've got all morning exams. Everyday from beginning of Week 4, until the Monday of Week 6, except for Tuesday Week 5. Then I've got rest of Week 6 off. :)

oly1991

HSC
Re: Trial Timetables?

my timetable is the CSSA timetable and its looking ok for me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)