2009 UMAT - How did it go? (1 Viewer)

Dosu

HSC
N/A
with the question about the queue (the time so that only at most one person was in the queue), what did people get?

i got a maximum of 2 minutes but i think i misred the question. apparently it was the time between customers arriving and not the serving time. :S

boganxcore

HSC
hahah i skipped that last question about the queue, came back and guessed max of 2 minutes. oh well

astroe

HSC
I did rough working out for the queue question and got 2 minutes.
It was like, How long does the customer have to be served if other people come at any time?

I think it's MAX 2 minutes because say someone comes in at 0 minutes, they leave at 2 minutes, but when they leave, if someone came in at 1 minute, then they would have started being served, and even if someone came in at 2 minutes, you'd still have 1 person in the queue regardless?

Does anyone get what I mean? HAHA.

jules.09

HSC
she must win because in the question it said they always choose face down cards.
Good. That's 2 questions right haha. Petty consolation though.

I was also thrown off by that queue question, and the western versus other language.

lychnobity

HSC
with the question about the queue (the time so that only at most one person was in the queue), what did people get?

i got a maximum of 2 minutes but i think i misred the question. apparently it was the time between customers arriving and not the serving time. :S
Arghh, I chose a minimum of 2 for that one. Only because I thought having a max of 2 would mean another customer could come in or something... w/e

Death to UMAT.

Revacious

o-o
HSC
N/A
those freaking numberplates took me way too long to reason out, and im not even sure i got them right.

lychnobity

HSC
those freaking numberplates took me way too long to reason out, and im not even sure i got them right.
I chose the most indefinite answers for those ones, ie the ones that said something like it could go both ways

blusteringclutz

HSC
HOORAY for it being over though. Tomorrow I'm going to rant about the silly graph questions to my maths class, and tell them to put a square, triangle, circle, ellipsis and trapezium into order, and choose the one in the middle.
Thats how I interpreted those typed of questions, anyway. Haha
Now we can concentrate on upcoming SMASH!
whooooo
and maybe do some maths homework . . .

astroe

HSC
For the number plate one, I remember putting for one of the answers that you can't tell what the numbers/symbols are only because when you designate a letter to a symbol, when you reverse it, it happens to be the same thing.

Revacious

o-o
HSC
N/A
I chose the most indefinite answers for those ones, ie the ones that said something like it could go both ways
the palindromic ones were the only ones i eliminated completely, but i couldnt justify why 656575 or whatever that one was the answer, other than 123456 is indistinguishable when reversed.

MarcusW

HSC
Please, my good citizen. Must all you simpletons generally assume that the response to confrontation is violence? If you would like to open a dialogue on this i would be much obliged.
I'll be off to sleep- play english boys touring polo side tomorrow.

ATAR aim: 99.5+
are u a real person...u sound like a computer program designed to sound pretentious.

Dosu

HSC
N/A
For the number plate one, I remember putting for one of the answers that you can't tell what the numbers/symbols are only because when you designate a letter to a symbol, when you reverse it, it happens to be the same thing.
yeah that's what i got. i felt kind of weird answering that because i don't think "not enough information" was the answer to ANY of the medentry questions.

i thought the number plates question was easy. idk, i guess people's brains just work differently and my style of thought just blended well with this question. now that queues question however... i think i totally messed that up :bomb:

jules.09

HSC
I chose the exact opposite and said, if they were palindroms, you can't distinguish between either languages.

This was problematic for the rest of the plate questions.

mmo

HSC
fantastic exam
very fair and clear
time management depends on practice
speed reading
S2 was extremely easy
The rest were much easier
Gd luck guys
pray for a good raw mark
that's what matters

Revacious

o-o
HSC
N/A
it was expected, well, by me at least and confirmed by both peoples accounts, and the fact you needed to write a test paper number or whatever on your sheet.

brunx

HSC
are u a real person...u sound like a computer program designed to sound pretentious.
I aim not to be pretentious, my friend. Merely, my function is to be understood in a world lost and confused in a sea of nihilsm brought on by the dread of the global collapse of civilisation. As they say, if you listen to the patient they will give you the diagnosis. Of course that is merely the realm of philosophy and medical dogma, which I would be delighted to discuss with you and all others if it was not in the context of this thread.
ATAR aim: 99.65+

astroe

HSC
Speed reading?

That screwed me up when I was doing past papers!
I made myself read every single blood word on the page to get it, and all the answers, even if I was absolutely sure I had come across the right one already.

I suppose that left me no time to check over, but I was sure of my answers in the first place so meh. LOL.

lychnobity

HSC
the palindromic ones were the only ones i eliminated completely, but i couldnt justify why 656575 or whatever that one was the answer, other than 123456 is indistinguishable when reversed.
eh? I think we got different questions. My answers were all made up of 6s, 7s and 8s.

I chose the exact opposite and said, if they were palindroms, you can't distinguish between either languages.

This was problematic for the rest of the plate questions.
Agree - but I couldn't see how a definite answer could be reached for any of the plate questions really.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)