2009ers: How was your school day? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
selablad said:
We all get student cards, with a unique barcode, which we scan in every morning, instead of going to roll call.

adidasboy said:
do people abuse the system? Get their friends to sign in for them if they're away?
Abuse of the system, yes. One person signing in 4 other people or something. I have my card + 3 of my other friends' cards, and since I get to school pretty early (8-ish), so I sign all of them in. If they're not going to be at school that day, they will text me early on in the morning.

But there's a fail safe for people who ask their friends to scan in if they're away. Everyday, a list of absentees are sent around on the back of the daily notices sheet (at our school, it's called the Mango Sheet, because it's printed on bright yellow paper). If you're not on the absentees list, and you're not in the classroom, you're put down as truanting. So not people ask their friends to scan in if they're away, because on the off chance that teachers mark their rolls in class, and you're 'away', then you're technically truanting, and that results in an early morning detention.

kaz1 said:
so you hav no roll call/ homerooom
Nope. We did in Year 7-9, but as Seniors, you get to sign in, instead of going to roll call.

Aplus

HSC
N/A
Aerath said:
Abuse of the system, yes. One person signing in 4 other people or something. I have my card + 3 of my other friends' cards, and since I get to school pretty early (8-ish), so I sign all of them in. If they're not going to be at school that day, they will text me early on in the morning.
When we swipe the cards, our photo appears on the computer and the office people can see :lol:

Continuum

I'm squishy
HSC
Sign-in cards sound cool - still the old-fashioned rollcall classes for me. :)

clintmyster

Prophet 9 FTW
HSC
Uni Grad
when were late to school we use our id cars to sign in and yeahh =] never been late so i dont know how it works exactly however it seems cool for a selective school =]

Continuum

I'm squishy
HSC
clintmyster said:
when were late to school we use our id cars to sign in and yeahh =] never been late so i dont know how it works exactly however it seems cool for a selective school =]
I'm at a selective school, how come we don't get one? :angry:

Sidenote: The people at Girra are cool. :D

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
Sport today, only three periods thus the best school day of the week.

bored of sc

HSC
Music was good - practised "why does it always rain on me?" and performed it in front of year 7ers - that was fun. :wave:

English - Finished speeches. One girl said the smartest stuff - my brain was about to explode, but lucky she finished in time. :hammer:

Maths was okay - we did revision and I realised that I have to study a bit more. :read:

PDHPE - was normal - and bad! :mad:

Religion - as above (same as PE)!! :mad:

ahhliss

HSC
N/A
Aerath said:
We all get student cards, with a unique barcode, which we scan in every morning, instead of going to roll call.
That sounds similar to the system we used to have. We have machines in every classroom and every lesson we'd swipe our ID cards. It was extremely time consuming because we'd have to line up and go in one at a time to swipe. It would sometimes take a few tries to do it as well if the card was crap. The teacher could press a button and see how many people have swiped and count the students around the room to make sure it works out.
They now mark the rolls with our barcodes printed and the office would do something with it.

selablad

HSC
School was daft today. I don't think I really achieved anything much, because for 5 out of 6 lessons (7th was presenting orals and doesn't count) we had substitute teachers.

Have I mentioned how much I hate substitute teachers?? Because I do. I don't mind the ones who just say "okay do xyz work" and then sit at the desk and do their own thing. I mean the ones who walk around, watch you doing your work, and then offer their advice even though they clearly have no idea what they are talking about. :mad:

We had this one lady for biology today, I think she teaches junior school cooking or some silly subject like that. Anyway we were doing this prac, which was kind of a strategy game (modelling predator-prey relationships), and she comes up to us and lectures us about how we're doing it all wrong and shouldn't be using strategy at all, and did we even read the sheet??

Gosh I so dislike incompetent subs!

/rant

adidasboy

weee
HSC
jellybelly59 said:
lol school was not over taxing today but i felt like crap so *shrug* i guess it's ok lol
not enough sleep? or the weather? the weather makes me feel like crap as well :(

Aplus

HSC
N/A
The weather has been fine these last few days.

Aplus

HSC
N/A
One day ends fast, another one starts even faster.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Examiners gave us the wrong exam for Physics today. They gave us the exam that we're meant to do next week. Needless to say, people started taking pictures of questions - and more daring people smuggled the exam out.

Aplus

HSC
N/A
Aerath said:
Examiners gave us the wrong exam for Physics today. They gave us the exam that we're meant to do next week. Needless to say, people started taking pictures of questions - and more daring people smuggled the exam out.
Phones are meant to be turned off and kept in bags. Bags are meant to be placed against the wall or in an area which is not accessible to students. Examiners are supervising. How is that kind of thing possible?

shadow5

HSC
PHP:
Aerath said:
This happened at my school once, they re-wrote the entrie exam in three days and altered the content base considerably

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)