2010 official "funny quirks of my day" thread. (1 Viewer)

sam5

HSC
@ emma

until my mate corrected me last night, i thought that the <3 symbol was a dick, rather than a love heart.

now i know that the symbol for a dick is <=3 (that looks better too)

(hope i didnt offend u in my last post to u, knowing that at the time i thought that <3 was a dick rather than a heart)

thats just my sense of dirty humour, and its something i really miss since startin uni.

btw: why was priceline pharmacy conducting an interview for an employee at the pharmacy across the road?

DanHickm

HSC
theres only 3 uni's in NSW with this course and only 2 that are qualifed and 1 that i hear that has a superior or is the only one that has a computer lab dedicated just to what i do. I'll let you figure out the rest. :)

Which course is that sorry?

sam5 said:
i hate newcastle.

and i come from cessnock
Gees, why the hate?

sam5

HSC
Gees, why the hate?
umm

the traffic is annoying, because there is no such thing as a traffic jam or standstill traffic in cessnock. we just arent used to the traffic.

thats the biggest point, i just dont like the planning and design of the city. Makes me very frustrated.

e.g. Hexham. Its very frustrating at 8:15 in the morning when u look at the road sign telling u the speed limit is 80, and then u look at ur speedo and it reads 15.

While there are some undesirables in my town, i do like how 'ordinary' it is.
People dont pretend to be intelligent, and they are often very down to earth.

when i go to uni, that is something that i miss.

My uni 'friends' just have (imo) this nerdy sense of humour, and the only time i get to revisit my cessnock humour is when i catch up with mates. Its sad.

e.g. my chem lecturer cracked a 'joke' last week, and people were talking about it a couple of days later sayin how funny it was. But honestly, i just found it corny and weird.

If i bought in some cessnock humour, people just dont laugh. They would think im way too racist, dirty or criticising. Too much pretending to be a dumb cunt for the day. Too much swearing and too many sickening comments.

It is possible to have a balance between intelligence and being ordinary, and thats just something that newcastle residents just dont get.

Last edited:

DanHickm

HSC
umm

the traffic is annoying, because there is no such thing as a traffic jam or standstill traffic in cessnock. we just arent used to the traffic.

thats the biggest point, i just dont like the planning and design of the city. Makes me very frustrated.

It is possible to have a balance between intelligence and being ordinary, and thats just something that newcastle residents just dont get.
Haha well, if you were going to uni in Sydney I'd imagine those annoyances would be multiplied tenfold!

My nana's actually from Cessnock, Knockulba or something similar? I haven't been there much, but it seems like a nice place.

copeys

HSC
Aha, I have not met any. I did wave to mailmofo the other day though. I have a sneaking suspicion there is a group of them in my maths lecture, when I go on Thursday nights.
I'm one of them :)

We were waiting for our mate to finish his physics lab, then we headed up but it was so packed, we hung around for a little while then bailed to have our own toga party =P
Your mate would be in my physics lab :)

sam5

HSC
Haha well, if you were going to uni in Sydney I'd imagine those annoyances would be multiplied tenfold!

My nana's actually from Cessnock, Knockulba or something similar? I haven't been there much, but it seems like a nice place.
yep, and thats why i will try and stay away from it!

ahh yeah. Nulkaba. Its a nice quite town of no more than a couple of hundred people about 2 minutes from the main cessnock town.

Its one of those 'going ahead' areas, because people are discovering how nice it is to live on a few acres, but still have the convenience of target, big w, coles and woolies being only 5 mins away.

emmcyclopedia

HSC
@ emma

until my mate corrected me last night, i thought that the <3 symbol was a dick, rather than a love heart.

now i know that the symbol for a dick is <=3 (that looks better too)

(hope i didnt offend u in my last post to u, knowing that at the time i thought that <3 was a dick rather than a heart)

thats just my sense of dirty humour, and its something i really miss since startin uni.

btw: why was priceline pharmacy conducting an interview for an employee at the pharmacy across the road?
EW EW EEWWWW!!

OMFG MATT!! FAR OUTT!!! Do I come across as a slut who just wants some epic penis-fest?!?!

ROFL!

Yes. It's a love heart <3. A sweet, innocent, pure little love heart. With NO .... repeat NO... sexual innuendo!!

I'm just not that kind of girl =)

Oh, and the 2 pharmacies are somehow connected, so the employees seem to switch between the 2 locations. Hence I had to track down the manager by going to priceline, where he'd decided to disappear to at that moment in time :p

umm

My uni 'friends' just have (imo) this nerdy sense of humour, and the only time i get to revisit my cessnock humour is when i catch up with mates. Its sad.

Agree about the traffic. A bit of a pain, but I'm getting used to it.

On the other point you made, be sure not to confuse having a different sense of humour with not being down to earth. Obviously being from a more rural setting you are going to have a very aussie-larakin type of humour. Even I have a certain level of appreciation for smutty jokes, but at the same there's nothing wrong or out of the "ordinary" with some good old fashioned G-rated cheesy humour =)
It's innocence and silliness is part of the appeal!

I'm one of them :)

Your mate would be in my physics lab :)
Oh cool! So you'd know Stuart Granger then??

emmcyclopedia

HSC
What day do you not have classes?
I'm sorry i completely missed this post shuttlebus!

I am in Newcastle every day of the week! Uni is Mon-Fri, though I have all Wed off until 6, and Fri off after 12.

We should meet up for coffee sometime =)
You could meet sam5 too, his breaks are practically the same as mine I think?

sam5

HSC
About the pharmacy: thats funny, cos we operate our two pharmacies exactly like that, but then again we are owned by the same 2 proprieters. Interesting. Have fun there. Have u already started? Enjoying it?

i hope i havnt made anyone upset.

im still adjusting to newcastle's traffic, albeit slowly.

oh and lol u dont come across as a slut (no way).

maybe i try and transfer my humour too much, so maybe i will have to just get used to it.

BTW: did ya check ur safety quiz mark?

sam5

HSC
You could meet sam5 too, his breaks are practically the same as mine I think?
umm, im a bit different to u i think.

My breaks:

Monday 11 - 1, 4 - 5

Tuesday: 1 - 2, 3 -4, 5 - 6

Wednesday: 5 - 6

thursday i leave early to go to work, and friday i dont turn up until week 8, when my 1405 lab starts in the arvo/

supercalamari

you've got the love
HSC
The traffic has nothing on Sydney. If I had to drive there I would be shrieking and whining the whole time.

emmcyclopedia

HSC
About the pharmacy: thats funny, cos we operate our two pharmacies exactly like that, but then again we are owned by the same 2 proprieters. Interesting. Have fun there. Have u already started? Enjoying it?

i hope i havnt made anyone upset.

im still adjusting to newcastle's traffic, albeit slowly.

oh and lol u dont come across as a slut (no way).

maybe i try and transfer my humour too much, so maybe i will have to just get used to it.

BTW: did ya check ur safety quiz mark?
First day tomoro, so I'll let you know how it goes!

Thank god. Did you seriously think I was saying "ooh yay, penis!" ? Bahahaha... i'm still lol'ing :p
ur a crack up.

I don't think you've offended anyone... just remember that it's ok to be different =)

AHAHA... I got a High Distinction, but still managed to get below average?!
I got 13/15, howd you go?

At the <3 dick thing and em's post following it.
I fricking lol'ed hard for a good 15 mins :p

The traffic has nothing on Sydney. If I had to drive there I would be shrieking and whining the whole time.
mhmm, we're pretty lucky - it could be so so so much worse!

sam5

HSC
First day tomoro, so I'll let you know how it goes!

Thank god. Did you seriously think I was saying "ooh yay, penis!" ? Bahahaha... i'm still lol'ing :p
ur a crack up.

I don't think you've offended anyone... just remember that it's ok to be different =)

AHAHA... I got a High Distinction, but still managed to get below average?!
I got 13/15, howd you go?

I fricking lol'ed hard for a good 15 mins :p
lol

how was work? i did a 9 hr day today and im still learnin how to increase my speed at processing scripts. (and knowing all the procedures, and where s4 drugs are and what they do)

15/15 for safety test. :)

em_516

bludging..
HSC
sam5 said:
Such a lie. Travelling through Kurri Kurri, Weston, Abermain, Neath and then Cessnock is BULLSHIT on one single-laned route. I much prefer Newcastle for weaving. There often seems to be more traffic heading the opposite direction to me too, so I imagine it's worse.

sam5 said:
e.g. Hexham. Its very frustrating at 8:15 in the morning when u look at the road sign telling u the speed limit is 80, and then u look at ur speedo and it reads 15.
Never go Hexham route. Most people go via George Booth but I loathe driving through Edgeworth/Glendale/Cardiff. John Renshaw > F3 > Link road is good imo (although I suppose that direction in the morning heading towards uni is also shit). In my experience though, Hexham is almost never ok in peak.

As for sense of humour, sounds like you've found the wrong people. :D

Edit: Actually no, Hexham is definitely worse, because then you end up on the off-ramp near uni from Shortland and that's ALWAYS a massive-ass queue. Don't. Do. It.

Also, fucking lol @
DanHickm said:
Knockulba
Nulkaba dude. :D

Last edited:

DanHickm

HSC
Hey I was close.
I've only been there once too.

EDIT: well maybe more than once.

emmcyclopedia

HSC
lol

how was work? i did a 9 hr day today and im still learnin how to increase my speed at processing scripts. (and knowing all the procedures, and where s4 drugs are and what they do)

15/15 for safety test. :)
Haha, first day = 7 hours of STOCKTAKE?!?!

But it was great, lovely group of people at work - will meet the weekend crew tomorrow =)

At the end of my first shift, one of my managers actually said "you're wonderful, I could kiss you!" Understandably scared by the thought but delighted that I didn't cock it up on the first day =D

Congrats on your safety quiz too!!

Haha, I look at lots of people from biomed in a completely new light after the pub crawl, it was hilarious =P

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)