2011 HSCers offer tutoring? (1 Viewer)

Coookies

HSC
Is it likely for the 2011 HSCers to offer tutoring right after their HSC when the stuff is still fresh on their mind or would they not want to think about that stuff for a while?

pacman911

HSC
Im a 2011 HSC'er and i will be offering tutoring as of Nov' 11th. Im offering tutoring for english standard, math 2u, chem, bio and physics. Message me if your interested :)

Coookies

HSC
Sorry, not the subject I'm looking for.
Thanks anyways!

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Just because it's fresh in your mind doesn't make you a better tutor.

Just because you've proven to know the material doesn't make you a good tutor. Case example - I knew the material, as evidenced by my doing well in the HSC, but can I teach? No, can't teach to save my life.

Furthermore, older tutors have had experience teaching, so yeah.

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Just because you've proven to know the material doesn't make you a good tutor. Case example - I knew the material, as evidenced by my doing well in the HSC, but can I teach? No, can't teach to save my life.
You seem to do okay on BoS - why not in real life? :O

HSC
Uni Grad
Get results, then decide whether or not if I want to do tutoring.

I helped out a few of the year 11 students (they're in year 12 now) on 4U, as well as teaching some concepts. I might consider this into deciding whether or not to be a tutor.

OP: what subject are you looking for tutoring?

rawrence

HSC
I'm doing Chemistry, Mathematics 3U and helping in 4U (I don't know it well enough to fully tutor a course).

I'm keeping all the stuff I know "fresh" in my mind because knowledge is valuable

apollo1

Banned
HSC
i think my school is organising something for our year to tutor the next year. and they pay heaps as well lol.

Coookies

HSC
Get results, then decide whether or not if I want to do tutoring.

I helped out a few of the year 11 students (they're in year 12 now) on 4U, as well as teaching some concepts. I might consider this into deciding whether or not to be a tutor.

OP: what subject are you looking for tutoring?
Economics, which you don't do lol.

mupzbra

HSC
Cookies, imdoing me economics tes ton friday and me teacher says ill get no less than 94 and maybe a state rank so i can tutor u in that area if ya keen? holla bak cuz

jessfishie

HSC
Hi I'm Jess and if you are looking for a tutor who has just finished the HSC this year then I'm offering tutoring for bio, chem, physics and 2/3unit maths. I've posted some more details on the tutoring forum. And I do agree its good to tutor when you have the work and exam techniques fresh in your mind as for quality I guess that depends on the student and trying what suits you the best. But besides that if you have any questions in general about HSC feel free to just email me at jess.fishie@hotmail.com

All the best for 2012!

thisiswar

HSC
Hmm i wouldn't mind tutoring some yr12s. I guess my best subjects are maths and chem so anyone want to just message me :) I can probably help out in French but I don't see why people would go tutoring for a language. Language is all about yourself...

sakatahahaha

HSC
N/A
Economics, which you don't do lol.
I done economics and most likely smashed the HSC I can help you out if you need notes or anything don't think I can tutor though ill wait for results to come out and let you know inbox me if you need any simple questions and help

choccie monster

HSC
While the class of 2011 is waiting for results, I'm sure there are plenty of older students from 2010 and previous who are keen to help out.

I know you're after Economics (sorry!), but on the off chance that other students are reading, I'm up for tutoring Chem/Physics/Maths2U if anyone's interested. Drop me a line at vins.g1 -at- gmail.com.

anonymous2012

HSC
N/A
Where do you tutor as i need a tutor for chemistry and Extensoin 1 maths, how much you charge and contact details will bee really helpfull

HSC
Uni Grad
Hi guys,

I am starting a dedicated physics and chemistry class for year 11 and 12 students. Each class will hold a maximum of 4 students. For those of who are interested, please give me a buzz on 0422 646 749 or 9449 7763.

Some of you will be thinking that I am being rather forward, but I can tell you that there are year 12 students out there who are regretting not getting ahead in year 11. Year 11, despite what others say, can make or break your year 12. How well you do in year 11 will dictate the streaming for your year 12 classes, and that can affect how well you do in your HSC exams.

For those students in year 12, some of you will already be going to tutoring at Matrix, Talent etc… I will not be tutoring you, but rather mentoring you. I will give you that edge that will separate you from the rest of the state. Each week you will tell me what you want for the next, be it notes, papers, questions or advice. My mentoring will be suited directly for your needs, whatever they may be, to help you achieve your goals.

In terms of expertise, I achieved an ATAR of 99.95, came first in the state for chemistry and received a UMAT score of 96. At school, I was ranked first overall in physics, chemistry and economics, and ranked third in overall in the whole school (Sydney Grammar School). On Speech Day, I won the UNSW School of Economics Prize and the Wigram Allen Prize for Science (Physics).

Class timings*:
• Year 11 Physics: Tuesday 5:00pm – 6:30pm
• Year 11 Chemistry: Wednesday 5:00pm – 630pm
• Year 12 Physics: 3:00pm – 4:30pm
• Year 12 Chemistry: 4:30pm – 6:00pm

I charge $50 for the above classes, and $60 per hour for one to one sessions (obviously not at the above times). I am also considering conducting UMAT tutoring. If there is sufficient interest, I will inform you of class timings during the school term and holidays.

Please forward this message to your friends. This sort of thing is good if you have a group of friends with you.

Good luck to all of you in your studies,

Yours Sincerely,
Faisal

PS. I will be tutoring at home, which is in Turramurra.
* Class timings can be changed according to my discretion and will be informed to students at 3 days in advance

Call for a free trial lesson

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)