2011 trial uploads!!! (1 Viewer)

khfreakau

HSC
descartes, if it's such illegal copyright, then how come i can find every single catholic 4u trial dating back to 198freaking2 pricelessly on the internet? how come they haven't been removed? i mean, surely the writers of the 1982 catholic paper must be outraged that their hard work has been desecrated under the holy copyright law.

my maths teacher was on the catholic trial committee this year for 3u/4u, and he's seen my past paper collection. he's seen all the catholic/independent/selective/various trials from many schools that i have. he doesn't give a flying fuck about it, cos it's expected. ohexploitable is right, he'd probs be laughing if he read this.

edit: asked my maths teacher about his views on this today. he said that he actually did take issue with people uploading commercial trials, since it is restricted under copyright. since he was actually on this year's committee, I guess it wouldn't hurt to be a bit more careful with these things. after all, he did take out a whole day of school to do it.

Last edited:

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Bart: Uh, say, are you guys crooks?
Fat Tony: Bart, is it wrong to steal a loaf of bread to feed your starving family?
Bart: No.
Fat Tony: Well, suppose you got a large starving family. Is it wrong to steal a truckload of bread to feed them?
Bart: Uh uh.
Fat Tony: And, what if your family don't like bread? They like... cigarettes?
Bart: I guess that's okay.
Fat Tony: Now, what if instead of giving them away, you sold them at a price that was practically giving them away. Would that be a crime, Bart?
Bart: Hell, no.

This aside, please keep things civil. Descartes, if you with to pursue the matter further, and you think it's a valid issue please make a post in Contact Moderators, and it will be considered by the moderating team. Otherwise, I advise everyone to drop the issue.

HSC
Uni Grad
Bart: Uh, say, are you guys crooks?
Fat Tony: Bart, is it wrong to steal a loaf of bread to feed your starving family?
Bart: No.
Fat Tony: Well, suppose you got a large starving family. Is it wrong to steal a truckload of bread to feed them?
Bart: Uh uh.
Fat Tony: And, what if your family don't like bread? They like... cigarettes?
Bart: I guess that's okay.
Fat Tony: Now, what if instead of giving them away, you sold them at a price that was practically giving them away. Would that be a crime, Bart?
Bart: Hell, no.

This aside, please keep things civil. Descartes, if you with to pursue the matter further, and you think it's a valid issue please make a post in Contact Moderators, and it will be considered by the moderating team. Otherwise, I advise everyone to drop the issue.

Deffo a teacher.
Absolutezero is deffo a teacher too!!!

MrBrightside

Brightest Member
HSC
N/A
I have no problem with uploading school written trials e.g. Sydney Grammar, Ruse, Baulko etc, as they are not subject to copyright, and by uploading them you are not potentially depriving the authors of income. (that is, after all the point of copyright legislation)

I do have a problem with uploading commercial trials that honest people have paid good money for, especially when your school has probably bought them anyway and can legally give to you i.e. you have a legal way of obtaining these papers so why support an illegal way of doing it.

Using the excuse of helping other students is a way of making people feel good about unethical practices, as I keep saying you have a legal way of obtaining the papers for free, just ask your school. I don't know of too many that do not purchase the trials, if not to use as a trial then to use for HSC preparation.

Oh and yes, I do actually pay for the music I download as well.
All Schools would of already bought the trials, as they are under a specific security period. e.g. weeks 3 - 5 were trials for CSSA. ALL schools doing CSSA would of done them in this time. So scanning and uploading a trial paper of this current year will have no effect on the author's income of the exam because the school's have already bought all exams to be done for Trials. After Trials are over it's pretty much just a practice thing.

If a school decides to unethically download a copy of a CSSA trial (Not likely to happen) and perform the exams outside of the security period, this is the school's fault for being so unprofessional and illegal.

imo, it cannot be stopped, as long as I.T rolls this world, it is too passive to be stopped. You can try and minimise it, but good luck doing so, given that every student across the state is most likely equipped with a scanner and internet connection.

Last edited:

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Absolutezero is deffo a teacher too!!!
2007 =/= 2006. Come on Ohexploit, get your head in the game.

Yeah, but one of those cool ones like Robin Williams in Dead Poet's Society, or Whoopi Goldberg in Sister Act 2
You are now Whoopi in my mind.

I would like someone to upload it if they have it.
I know people doing MX1 Indie this Friday, so yeah... probably not going to get uploaded 'til like next monday.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
ALSO

In regards to the constant argument, I am issuing this as my final warning. Descartes, I gave you an offer, you can choose to accept it or drop this issue.

Further continuation will result in infractions for all parties involved.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
I like angels and airwaves
I saw so many of their albums today! It was weird. I'm not even sure if they were different albums, they were like everywhere I went.

Btw, does anyone have past indie MX1 papers?

michaeljennings

HSC
you like them too? i cannot pick my favourite song by angels and airwaves because i love them so much. It helps me study and get into the mood for obtaining catholic trial papers because this is really a 'call to arms' and in the end I shall be the 'soul survivor' of this 'the adventure' they label the HSC. And 'It hurts' to know that people dont wanna help me but i do know there are 'secret crowds' amongst these bored of studies members that will aid me. 'The War' has jsut begun but 'Everything is Magic' hence we will all be winners in the end

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)