2013 HSC Students - heed my/our warning regarding Engineering Studies as a subject. (1 Viewer)

swoozie

HSC
Re: 2013 HSC Students - heed my/our warning regarding Engineering Studies as a subjec

im doing engineeringg this year but there is only two people in the class including me so its like a tutoring lesson

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
im doing engineeringg this year but there is only two people in the class including me so its like a tutoring lesson
Id prefer it this way.
Students get more one on one time, less disruptions etc etc.

bleakarcher

HSC
Re: 2013 HSC Students - heed my/our warning regarding Engineering Studies as a subjec

Yeh well, engineering studies didnt run at my school... so im guessing thats a good thing ?
Didn't run in mine either, thank god it didnt..

addoil

HSC

How similar is engineering studies to engibeering in uni? current uni studrnts?

cheepy5

HSC

I've heard from many uni students that engineering studies is very similar to 1st semester at uni.
A couple of my friends doing engineering at UTS said that their 1st semester truss analysis was only finding the reactions at the supports, so just moments.

D94

HSC
N/A

The mathematical side is quite similar, all of the concepts you learn are the foundations of what we do. Eg. truss analysis (sections, joints), SF, BM, materials, electricity, all your mechanics, stress/strain, Hooke, Young, and many more subtopics and topics. What you do in two years (the maths and analysis side), we do in 1 semester (or in 4 courses in first year - materials, mechanics, electrical and physics). Also depends on which engineering stream you do.

karimingo

HSC

worst decision of my life i dropped modern history after yr 11 for this subject... I can't believe i did that.. The only reason was because my history mark was same as eng in yr 11...

Viviannn

HSC

Urgh. Now you guys got me all confused. I'm going to year 11 next year. Got one more subject to pick. Business Studies..? or Engineering Studies..?
Leaning more towards Engineering because I want to see what its like now and if I enjoy it instead of wasting a year at uni to see if I enjoy it then...
I'll end up dropping one of the two anyway but just to satisfy Board of Studies requirements... so should I do engineering??? What do we learn about in year 11 Engineering? Opinions? Help?

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
Urgh. Now you guys got me all confused. I'm going to year 11 next year. Got one more subject to pick. Business Studies..? or Engineering Studies..?
Leaning more towards Engineering because I want to see what its like now and if I enjoy it instead of wasting a year at uni to see if I enjoy it then...
I'll end up dropping one of the two anyway but just to satisfy Board of Studies requirements... so should I do engineering??? What do we learn about in year 11 Engineering? Opinions? Help?
Not sure about what you learn , but engineering is pretty full on compared to business.

kalstar

swag
HSC
Uni Grad

Wish I'd seen this like 2 years earlier ._. would have done bio or something instead of engineering. I find it harder than physics :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)