2014 HSC English Predictions? (1 Viewer)

daren

HSC
if you think about it the questions are going to be particulary similar to years before as eveyone is doing different texts they really cant do questions based on one particular text :) goodluck everyone

enigma_1

~~~~ Miss Cricket ~~~~
HSC
if you think about it the questions are going to be particulary similar to years before as eveyone is doing different texts they really cant do questions based on one particular text :) goodluck everyone
thanks man, good luck to you too!

bitchslapper69

HSC
Thanks Daren for that profound piece of advice.

raggiedoll

Scumbag
HSC
Do you think there'll be theme for Paper 1? Or will it incorporate all of the syllabus e.g. each question in Section 1 has a different idea of belonging, one for place, one for identity etc.; Section 2 about acceptance/understanding and so on? Could be a way of waving goodbye belonging?

rumbleroar

Survivor of the HSC
HSC
Do you think there'll be theme for Paper 1? Or will it incorporate all of the syllabus e.g. each question in Section 1 has a different idea of belonging, one for place, one for identity etc.; Section 2 about acceptance/understanding and so on? Could be a way of waving goodbye belonging?
there's usually an overarching theme for the whole paper? idk if they do it section by section

really do think that paper 1 will be about barriers/identity

hoping mod b is themed around mortality, mod c social change and mod a as humanity

raggiedoll

Scumbag
HSC
there's usually an overarching theme for the whole paper? idk if they do it section by section

really do think that paper 1 will be about barriers/identity

hoping mod b is themed around mortality, mod c social change and mod a as humanity
Yeah but maybe they'll change it this year for a disorientating effect? Idk call me crazy

If Mod A Frankenstein/Blade Runner is about 'What it means to be human' like it was for CSSA Trials I'll be fucking sweet, I have a really interesting thesis for that

rumbleroar

Survivor of the HSC
HSC
Yeah but maybe they'll change it this year for a disorientating effect? Idk call me crazy

If Mod A Frankenstein/Blade Runner is about 'What it means to be human' like it was for CSSA Trials I'll be fucking sweet, I have a really interesting thesis for that
Yessssss!! that was similar to my trials question too!! what other texts do you do?
im so ready for paper 1 + 2 to be over.

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Some more questions on belonging and particular modules to get people thinking a bit more:) (again, all questions created by me:))

(Just a note, I am currently overloaded with uni work so I unfortunately won't be able to provide feedback to any attempts to these questions, it might be best if you post your thoughts on this thread and discuss with others so you can bounce ideas off each other. I apologise for any inconvenience caused-and best wishes for everyone for their HSC exams which starts very soon:))

Belonging:
1)It is through experiences of segregation that we learn to appreciate the importance of striving for a sense of personal affinity. It is through collaboratively overcoming adversities that motivates us to belong. Evaluate this statement.

2)One cannot belong without attaining a sense of acceptance and contentment. Discuss this statement.

3)It is through interactions with the community and the larger world do we discover more about ourselves and the possibilities of belonging. Compose a speech.

Frankenstein/Blade Runner:
1)Both texts examines the fear of social instability and reveals the detriment of unfulfilled greed. Examine this statement.

2)Both texts reveals the vain struggle of recognition and present an increasingly pessimistic portraiture of the state of humanity through the progression of time. Analyse the validity of this statement.

3)The timeless concern for humanity's inevitable downfall is perpetuated by plot similarities and differences in textual form. Explore this statement.

4)The significance of the existential concerns explored in both texts, particularly of realising the dichotomy of human existence, is undermined by the fictional nature of these representations. Critically assess this statement.

Gwen Harwood's poetry:
1)The literary critic, Elizabeth Lawson, once characterised Harwood's poetry as one which "interweaves thhe past and present". To what extent do the use of textual features assist Harwood to achieve this goal?

2)Underlying Harwood's poetry is a melancholic concern with the inevitability of death which ultimately redefines one's understanding of the importance of family and time. Evaluate this statement with reference to "Mother who gave me life" and two other poems.

3)Arguably, stream of consciousness defines Harwood's poetic style. This, coupled with the integration of a contemplative tone, allows Harwood to expound on the future which ultimately influences how one lives in the present. Discuss this statement with reference to At Mornington and at least one other poem of your choosing.

raggiedoll

Scumbag
HSC
Yessssss!! that was similar to my trials question too!! what other texts do you do?
im so ready for paper 1 + 2 to be over.
I do Hamlet for Module B and History & Memory for Module C (The Fiftieth Gate)

Have they had a question centred around acceptance in the past?

raggiedoll

Scumbag
HSC
For Module C, are they likely to ask for two texts, one, or at least one? Because my second related sucks balls

Etherlee

HSC
N/A
I predict that the Area of Study essay will be something along the lines of:

"An individual's identity can be shaped by the way they perceive connections to people and the world around them"...

Analyse how this is represented by your text and ONE other text of your own choosing.

That's my guess... totally prepared...

Edit: With the essay, I had no time to include a conclusion... I just had literally one line... I feel as though I should've left it out completely. But how many marks do you think I will lose?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)