• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

2014'ers Chit-Chat Thread (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

QZP

HSC
You mean asymptotic?

Or was it continuing to infinity?
Nope. y = f(x) had parts under the curve. So when drawing y = f(x) + |f(x)|, I had to indicate that it ran across x-axis (as x-approaches +- infinite). It makes sense since not including that would meant here is no function value there. :(

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
Nope. y = f(x) had parts under the curve. So when drawing y = f(x) + |f(x)|, I had to indicate that it ran across x-axis (as x-approaches +- infinite). It makes sense since not including that would meant here is no function value there. :(
Isn't that just making y=0 (or the x-axis) an asymptote though?

Because if that is the case, you need the arrow for clarity.

Last edited:

loversinjapan

Swag Queen
HSC
How is everyone feeling about the HSC at this stage of year 12? (and are you guys actually studying or are you still in the 'i'll start tomorrow' mindset?)

QZP

HSC
Considering I did work during the holidays... i dont feel different lol.

timeflies

HSC
which god bestowed upon me silly mistakes in my 4u exam </3
Please don't talk about silly mistakes, I'm sure you're no match for me :p Look at that second last and last line... T_T How does one just forget to divide the last bit? ><

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

QZP

HSC
Hahaha yeahh I've seen some stupid silly mistakes from my friends. Just relax next time and be natural. Also, whats with the intense blue lol

rumbleroar

Survivor of the HSC
HSC
How is everyone feeling about the HSC at this stage of year 12? (and are you guys actually studying or are you still in the 'i'll start tomorrow' mindset?)
lol already drowning in work
teachers are spreading it like da hsc plague
also getting owned severely in english because english tutor completely destroyed my essays and assessment task lol #ripatar

Please don't talk about silly mistakes, I'm sure you're no match for me :p Look at that second last and last line... T_T How does one just forget to divide the last bit? ><

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
omg this ^^^^ happens at least once a year for me ffs
either that or i lose marks because too dumb to do a q lol

timeflies

HSC
Hahaha yeahh I've seen some stupid silly mistakes from my friends. Just relax next time and be natural. Also, whats with the intense blue lol
Haha I'll try, hopefully I'll eliminate those kinds of mistakes by HSC time. And I have no idea why its blue lol, i think the app did that :p

omg this ^^^^ happens at least once a year for me ffs
either that or i lose marks because too dumb to do a q lol
Haha yea story of my life. Happens once or twice every year :p

QZP

HSC
Sigh... I'm like 6% behind first place for English. I have 70% left to play out. I don't think I can get back up, considering they only dropped ~2% in the 30% so far. Consider 2%/30 x 70 = 4.7%. Therefore, they'll drop ~4.7% in the remainder of year 12, and even if I 100% everything from now on, that won't be enough. https://www.tafensw.edu.au/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)