2015 BoWs - Progress page. Thoughts and feelings? (1 Viewer)

milkytea99

HSC
She says it won't meet board of studies requirements...:uhoh:
Yep 3,000 words, I'm not exagerating. It's divided up into two sections though. It's due in 3 weeks, meaning I have to do a 1000 words a week to finish it *cries*
So you've been doing your bow in school all the time?
Just tell your teacher that you take it home but you also bring it back every week. Maybe she'll let you.
I'm taking my BOW back home to paint during the weekends and then on Monday I'll take it back to school and paint there, and then take it back home again on Thursday etc.
it's much easier to do it at home in comparison to school where there's only like 3 hours a week unless you also paint during your free periods which I don't lol haha

milkytea99

HSC
Damn, our art teacher will be away for the whole of term 3. No wonder she's pushing us to finish it by term 2. I'm going to go on full crazy mode in finishing my artwork, which is like 70% done at this stage.

StudyToDeath

HSC
Damn, our art teacher will be away for the whole of term 3. No wonder she's pushing us to finish it by term 2. I'm going to go on full crazy mode in finishing my artwork, which is like 70% done at this stage.
That's inconvenient, you'll be alright though cause you are nearly finished :D

Some one in my class only started their major last week!!! And there is another student who continually applies pointless layers of white paint to their canvas. Good luck to them finishing.

milkytea99

HSC
That's inconvenient, you'll be alright though cause you are nearly finished :D

Some one in my class only started their major last week!!! And there is another student who continually applies pointless layers of white paint to their canvas. Good luck to them finishing.
Thanks a lot! It's a shame that she's away term 3 this year! She'll only be back at start of term 4. Damn...

What?'!!! I can't imagining starting my work last week, I would've died! I started my work at the end of summer holidays this year and I still feel like I've not done enough lol.

moonshoes

HSC
N/A
Omg my art teacher is going to be away as well!!!

StudyToDeath said:
The school next to ours has only just started their BOW's lollllllzzzzzzzz hahahahahhahahah :D

I did some small stuff on my BOW on Friday. It felt really good to get back into it. I've been avoiding starting the big stuff on my final piece but I just needed to get a grip jeez.

Oh yeh- just received the LAST EVER ASSESSMENT NOTIFICATION FOR ART THAT I WILL EVER RECEIVE LIKE EVER omg. That feeling when you know the end is soooo near!

Fiction

HSC
Omg my art teacher is going to be away as well!!!

The school next to ours has only just started their BOW's lollllllzzzzzzzz hahahahahhahahah :D

I did some small stuff on my BOW on Friday. It felt really good to get back into it. I've been avoiding starting the big stuff on my final piece but I just needed to get a grip jeez.

Oh yeh- just received the LAST EVER ASSESSMENT NOTIFICATION FOR ART THAT I WILL EVER RECEIVE LIKE EVER omg. That feeling when you know the end is soooo near!
haha as someone who just started their BOW this week, I can assure you that those people are probably freaking out :p

With assessment block coming up, I doubt anyone from my school will be working much on art, other than the occasional lunch or free period.

milkytea99

HSC
haha as someone who just started their BOW this week, I can assure you that those people are probably freaking out :p

With assessment block coming up, I doubt anyone from my school will be working much on art, other than the occasional lunch or free period.
Wow...how come you've only started it last week? I've started it at the end of summer holidays this year, around 1-2 weeks before term 1 started this year and I am still freaking out lol. I still feel like what I've done is not enough, and worse off mine is "due" in less than 4 weeks time because our teacher will be away in term 3. Damn... Can't believe she's away when we're at our most crucial time!!!!!

Btw, our school is selected by board of studies this year for itinerant marking. I don't think this will affect us that much? As we don't need to send it to the marking centre, BOS will come to our school and mark them.

moonshoes

HSC
N/A

You must have nerves of steel!

moonshoes

HSC
N/A
Wow...how come you've only started it last week? I've started it at the end of summer holidays this year, around 1-2 weeks before term 1 started this year and I am still freaking out lol. I still feel like what I've done is not enough, and worse off mine is "due" in less than 4 weeks time because our teacher will be away in term 3. Damn... Can't believe she's away when we're at our most crucial time!!!!!

Btw, our school is selected by board of studies this year for itinerant marking. I don't think this will affect us that much? As we don't need to send it to the marking centre, BOS will come to our school and mark them.
Naw milkytea we've been on such a journey together since day one :). I'm feeling exactly the same - I looked at my BOW today and all I could think was that this next two months will be hectic. My small detail is going to take many many hours to complete...

Our school has always had markers come to school. I don't know whether it's a good or bad thing that they aren't compared with other year forms or whether the markers will be prejudiced because they physically see the school and area.? Idk. Just gotta go with it I guess and do the best you can do.

:D

milkytea99

HSC
Naw milkytea we've been on such a journey together since day one :). I'm feeling exactly the same - I looked at my BOW today and all I could think was that this next two months will be hectic. My small detail is going to take many many hours to complete...

Our school has always had markers come to school. I don't know whether it's a good or bad thing that they aren't compared with other year forms or whether the markers will be prejudiced because they physically see the school and area.? Idk. Just gotta go with it I guess and do the best you can do.

:D
Ikr!! Initially it just felt like we're the only 2 ppl in nsw doing VA (besides the 11 ppl in my class). And then study to death joined is and also fiction .
Actually my art teacher was a hsc marker before. She told us that it doesn't really matter. They don't care about what the school looks like lol, they just care whether the work meets the standards haha. Usually they mark in a neutral room anyway, not an art room.
The good thing I guess for markers coming in is that for those doing sculpture and stuff like that they won't be worried that their work will be damage on the way being sent to the marking centre lol. And we don't need to do a lot of packing haha I guess

Last edited:

moonshoes

HSC
N/A
Ikr!! Initially it just felt like we're the only 2 ppl in nsw doing VA (besides the 11 ppl in my class). And then study to death joined is and also fiction .
Actually my art teacher was a hsc marker before. She told us that it doesn't really matter. They don't care about what the school looks like lol, they just care whether the work meets the standards haha. Usually they mark in a neutral room anyway, not an art room.
The good thing I guess for markers coming in is that for those doing sculpture and stuff like that they won't be worried that their work will be damage on the way being sent to the marking centre lol. And we don't need to do a lot of packing haha I guess
Yeah, definitely. I'd freak if something happened to my canvasses if they had to travel to a marking centre!

Fiction

HSC

I kept changing my composition, then things came up for my teacher so she wasn't there and now here I am :D I'm freaking out a bit, but I was always the last-minute-changes girl anyways so... :p

You must have nerves of steel!
LOL
Or just plain old idiocy :p

We have to see each other's art works when they are finished!! :D :D
Yes definitely! The posts about people's works sound amazing, sophisticated and deep:)) I can't wait to actually see them when they're finished!

milkytea99

HSC
I'm glad that although our teacher is away for term 3, she has organised another teacher who is equally as good as her to replace her for the term. That teacher was also a HSC marker and had retired. Thank goodness she found someone who's competent! Now I can heave a sigh of relief lol! I was full on stressing out about what will happen to my BOW in term 3, and how physically impossible it is to not touch my BOW after end of term 2.

milkytea99

HSC
I kept changing my composition, then things came up for my teacher so she wasn't there and now here I am :D I'm freaking out a bit, but I was always the last-minute-changes girl anyways so... :p

LOL
Or just plain old idiocy :p

Yes definitely! The posts about people's works sound amazing, sophisticated and deep:)) I can't wait to actually see them when they're finished!
Wow! That's a lot of experimentation haha. At least you have more evidence of experimentation compared to me haha. I just stick to a triptych for the whole year.

moonshoes

HSC
N/A
Time is just flying past omg. We got TWO MONTHS and two days until the BOW is due omg. I'm gonna be really sad when they get put away for marking, it'll be like throwing a piece of me into a cupboard without air. Oh well, I'm sure I'll survive. :D

UPDATE:

- have been doing a tonne of detail on my works and they're coming along really well. I kind love them lol
- the middle panel is well underway. All I have to do it a shit load of detail after I've finished the face
- and I have to actually start thinking seriously about my artist statement

Does anyone know anyone who has made a blurb book in the past for an artwork? What do you put in it? Where did you get it from? How long do they take to make?

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Time is just flying past omg. We got TWO MONTHS and two days until the BOW is due omg. I'm gonna be really sad when they get put away for marking, it'll be like throwing a piece of me into a cupboard without air. Oh well, I'm sure I'll survive. :D

UPDATE:

- have been doing a tonne of detail on my works and they're coming along really well. I kind love them lol
- the middle panel is well underway. All I have to do it a shit load of detail after I've finished the face
- and I have to actually start thinking seriously about my artist statement

Does anyone know anyone who has made a blurb book in the past for an artwork? What do you put in it? Where did you get it from? How long do they take to make?

People used apple Ibooks publishing took a week or so to arrive?

StudyToDeath

HSC
slowly and steadily progressing on my art major in class :D Im estimating I'll need to do another 15hrs of work and it will be done yippee!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)