2015 CSSA Paper Thoughts (1 Viewer)

Evertone

HSC
What did everyone put for the NAIRU multiple choice question?

An almost identical question was discussed at length in the Marathon thread. I remember picking the TAFE option and then changing my mind.

swagmeister

HSC
Re: CSSA Economics

What did everyone put for the NAIRU multiple choice question?

An almost identical question was discussed at length in the Marathon thread. I remember picking the TAFE option and then changing my mind.
TAFE should be correct because it will decrease structural unemployment

swagmeister

HSC
2015 CSSA Paper Thougts

The thread from years ago that was bumped last night is getting a bit old so I thought I'd start a new one for this year...

Case study wasn't an ER (yes!!!!!!)

The MC took me a but longer then a liked, the one thing I am wondering about is the global inequality one. It was badly worded, but I put the migration option which I hope was correct.

Short answers were chilled, predicted all of the topics

Section 3 was nice as well, growth/inequality (inb4 hawkrider says I originally predicted inequality)

Section 4 was nice as well, nothing messed like international organisations

Anyone else thoughts?

Was hoping to take a copy out of the exam room and post my mc answers but I wasn't allowed to

spatula232

HSC
Re: 2015 CSSA Paper Thougts

Yeah pretty solid paper. I put TAFE as the answer, bit of a sketchy question. Overall pretty happy

keiran_osullivan

HSC
N/A

In regard to the Global Inequality one, wouldn't the Gini co-efficient be lower in low Y economies, suggesting a more equitable distribution of Y, with the higher Y economies having a greater Gini co-efficient?

Evertone

HSC
What was the question? Don't do CSSA, just curious.
It said something like which government policy will lead to a lower non-accelerating inflation rate of unemployment (NAIRU).

The only two options I remember were increasing spending on TAFE and increased economic growth (or it might have been govt. spending).

Ekman

HSC
Seems like the question asked about reducing NAIRU, and selecting the answer that is about increasing funding for TAFE, makes sense as it allows the structurally unemployed to gain new skills to no longer be structurally unemployed.

I dont do CSSA papers at my school

teridax

HSC
N/A
Seems like the question asked about reducing NAIRU, and selecting the answer that is about increasing funding for TAFE, makes sense as it allows the structurally unemployed to gain new skills to no longer be structurally unemployed.

I dont do CSSA papers at my school
fuck, i got that wrong :(

didn't pick TAFE coz that MC didn't click

looks lyk i'll go to TAFE anyhow

swagmeister

HSC

In regard to the Global Inequality one, wouldn't the Gini co-efficient be lower in low Y economies, suggesting a more equitable distribution of Y, with the higher Y economies having a greater Gini co-efficient?
Nope. Not correct in the context of the question plus in deleveloping nations often there is even high levels of inequality due to poor government income redistribution systems, high corruption and globalisation has benefits for a select few.

The answer was the migration, don't fully remember the full sentence but that's what I chose and I checked it with my teacher afterwords and it was correct

Ekman

HSC
Were there any out of the ordinary questions in the MC or short answer?

sandy2410

HSC
Hey guys so what were the short answer and essay question topics??

Last edited:

matchalolz

HSC
I haven't started studying for economics (haven't had my trials yet) but in general are CSSA trials harder or easier than others?
My school is only giving out 1 paper and so I need other sources to practice on. Any schools anyone would recommend?

RecklessRick

HSC
N/A
I haven't started studying for economics (haven't had my trials yet) but in general are CSSA trials harder or easier than others?
My school is only giving out 1 paper and so I need other sources to practice on. Any schools anyone would recommend?
A lot of the time, the difficulty of the paper is determined by how harsh the marking is, as compared to history subjects, the difficulty and scope of the questions tend to have far less variance. That being said, I'd consider CSSA and Independent to be the highest quality papers. I would recommend trying to find past trial papers from your school, particularly if the papers are written internally, as this will give you a far better idea of what you'll be asked in trials than what trial papers from other schools might give you. For example, while the Barker trials are as good as any other paper to practice from, they seem to have a fetish for calculations which fall outside the scope of the syllabus. Economics papers aren't shared around anywhere near as much as maths and science papers are though, so it's hard to say which schools have the best trial papers, and even harder to say where to find them unless you know people from those schools.

Ekman

HSC
In my opinion, just do as many questions as you can get your hands on. (Of course you need to have 'suggested answers' with them as well)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)