2015ers Chit-Chat Thread (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

EarthSci34

Good grief.
HSC
I actually enjoyed it we finished it last term but it was interesting and amusing! Good Ol' Shoe! It was a shame how Mott's got killed though. I am now doing Gatsby and EBB's Sonnetts and they are alright
I really like EBB and Gatsby! Although at first I thought the links were quite tenuous, I do see now how the Board has been very smart in choosing these texts!

Thunderstorm

HSC
I haven't been as productive as I would've liked so far and laziness + procrastination has really been creeping into my study routine as of late, do you think if I turn it around as of tomorrow I can still savage something from these holidays? It feels like at the pace I'm going, nothing is getting done quick enough.

PhysicsMaths

HSC
I moved my post to a more appropriate place...

TIL - Prior to the 2010 HSC, "HSC distinction courses" were offered
...including Philosophy, Cosmology and Comparative literature

Not particularly relevant to the 2015 HSC, but I thought it was interesting

Here are some interesting things to note:
* students must first be accelerated in at least one subject
* worth 2 units and contributed to your UAI (if it was one of your highest performing subjects in your top 10 units), but did not count as the minimum 10 units required to be awarded the HSC
- This is a direct quote from the wiki " This is generally not a problem as students in the program on average complete 16 units of credit by the time they are awarded their HSC, compared to the state average of 11 units."

Here's what a typical paper would look like:
2007 Philosophy exam
http://www.boardofstudies.nsw.edu.au...istinction.pdf

It's just a single page of 4 10 mark questions...

PhysicsMaths

HSC
If the option was still available, would anyone take the course?

It doesn't count for the minimum 10 units required for the HSC, so i'm assuming that all participants do the course out of sheer interest or perhaps they are naturally good at those subjects

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad

It doesn't count for the minimum 10 units required for the HSC, so i'm assuming that all participants do the course out of sheer interest or perhaps they are naturally good at those subjects
Yeah I would have.

Katsumi

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
HSC
N/A

Fiction

HSC

Yup, definitely. Philosophy seems pretty interesting+ Seems to expand on skills based around logic.

HSC
I haven't been as productive as I would've liked so far and laziness + procrastination has really been creeping into my study routine as of late, do you think if I turn it around as of tomorrow I can still savage something from these holidays? It feels like at the pace I'm going, nothing is getting done quick enough.
Same here. I had everything planned out but I don't know what happened..

HecticSandWitch

2007 fuccboi hustler king
HSC
I moved my post to a more appropriate place...

TIL - Prior to the 2010 HSC, "HSC distinction courses" were offered
...including Philosophy, Cosmology and Comparative literature

Not particularly relevant to the 2015 HSC, but I thought it was interesting

Here are some interesting things to note:
* students must first be accelerated in at least one subject
* worth 2 units and contributed to your UAI (if it was one of your highest performing subjects in your top 10 units), but did not count as the minimum 10 units required to be awarded the HSC
- This is a direct quote from the wiki " This is generally not a problem as students in the program on average complete 16 units of credit by the time they are awarded their HSC, compared to the state average of 11 units."

Here's what a typical paper would look like:
2007 Philosophy exam
http://www.boardofstudies.nsw.edu.au...istinction.pdf

It's just a single page of 4 10 mark questions...
If you were accelerated in a subject and got a band 6 or did their year 11 program Macqu offers a program where you can take up a unit of University level philosophy +other stuff. Good fun but hard to mix with HSC, found myself doing upwards of 5 hours uni work a week which cut out of my study time.

HecticSandWitch

2007 fuccboi hustler king
HSC
Can you still salvage something? Yes there's 7 days left including today. Just aim for at least one past paper a day!

Thunderstorm

HSC
Can you still salvage something? Yes there's 7 days left including today. Just aim for at least one past paper a day!
Yeah I'm trying man! Don't get me wrong, I'm getting work done, but Expectations Vs Reality is what's getting me haha. How's your holiday revision going?

Chris_S

HSC
Oh gosh my creative is probably the worst thing I have ever done my whole life lol

pomsky

HSC
...and yes, teridax and pomsky are good friends ...
Just to clear things up, or make the water even more muddy (becos lol. that seems to be what i do best : P). We're not good friends. We've never been good friends.

When I talk to him I don't even fucking know if I'm talking to a male 2015'er who has a weird sense of humour/logic or a squashed potato rolling across a keyboard in Peru.

ya f33l?

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah I'm trying man! Don't get me wrong, I'm getting work done, but Expectations Vs Reality is what's getting me haha. How's your holiday revision going?
Expectations vs reality reminds me of year 11 English related text :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)