• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

2015ers Chit-Chat Thread (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

porcupinetree

not actually a porcupine
HSC
it's just a pen lol, just use something else.
True, but all the pens I already have are really horrible cheap ball point pens

I'll be able to find something half decent tomorrow morning @ the newsagent to get me thru the exam and then later in the day I'll buy my preferred pen

WrittenLoveLetters

배고파
HSC
I really love using the Papermate Inkjoys, I found a new love for my Accelerated course (the one in the front). And I hate using black pens for too much writing > A<

Thunderstorm

HSC
Quick question for Paper 1 English Section 1:

If the paper theme is x and a question asks about 'what type of discovery is in the the text' and its pretty broad, could be linked to x, but more suited to theme y. That's ok yeah? To point out a different discovery theme to the paper theme? Anyone with me

matchalolz

HSC
i have a friend who goes to your school and i swear you start trials tomorrow lol
nah man definitely not, as i type this i am looking at my trial time table which clearly says august, maybe its a major/mini assessment or something.
Did you memorise all your english stuff?

matchalolz

HSC

If the paper theme is x and a question asks about 'what type of discovery is in the the text' and its pretty broad, could be linked to x, but more suited to theme y. That's ok yeah? To point out a different discovery theme to the paper theme? Anyone with me
I think that should be fine, just make a tiny bit of subtle links to theme X just in case the marker thinks you missed the whole point of the paper being theme x and hence decided to talk about theme y. idk though, I've never been assessed on paper 1 before

matchalolz

HSC

I think that should be fine, just make a tiny bit of subtle links to theme X just in case the marker thinks you missed the whole point of the paper being theme x and hence decided to talk about theme y. idk though, I've never been assessed on paper 1 before

turntaker

HSC
My english trial is tomorrow. Should start studying

Thunderstorm

HSC
Yeah idk man. Forgot to mention the question specifically asks for one aspect. So probably touching on both isn't an option haha.

porcupinetree

not actually a porcupine
HSC

Include both aspects in your response; all of the discovery aspects are interlinked, hence you can link them together. e.g. if the paper is generally based around the challenging/affirmations of assumptions about the human experience, you could say something like:

Text X creatively explores the challenging and confronting process of discovery, which ultimately results in a transformation of perspective regarding the human experience for character X

Edit: if the question specifically asks for a particular aspect, you should focus on that aspect while still elaborating on the aspect and referencing other aspects
I could be wrong but this is just my opinion

matchalolz

HSC
o i c

yeh, 90% of my aos generic essay is inside my head via reciting rofl, but need to record the thing whilst i'm about to sleep to ensure it stays inside my brain lel

as for creative... yeh i might just memorise that tomoz at 5am lmao
omg good luck don't die :p (sometimes I read eco notes at 5am but i dont do it unless I'm desparate)

My english trial is tomorrow. Should start studying
get off bos and good luck!

IcyRain

HSC
Good luck to people beginning trials tomorrow. Stay calm and focused, it will be over before you know it.

Chris_S

HSC
Well good luck everyone I had my english paper 1 last week and actually wasn't bad! The creative writing prompt suited my creative writing piece perfectly and the AoS essay question suited my related text well! Hope the same goes for you :) Don't worry astro you got it in the bag

turntaker

HSC
I don't want to end up going to UOW and dishonoring my family. I'm scared guys.

Thunderstorm

HSC
Include both aspects in your response; all of the discovery aspects are interlinked, hence you can link them together. e.g. if the paper is generally based around the challenging/affirmations of assumptions about the human experience, you could say something like:

Text X creatively explores the challenging and confronting process of discovery, which ultimately results in a transformation of perspective regarding the human experience for character X

Edit: if the question specifically asks for a particular aspect, you should focus on that aspect while still elaborating on the aspect and referencing other aspects
I could be wrong but this is just my opinion
Thanks for insightful reply mate. Yeah it's a tricky one. I'll probably just end up writing about the aspect of discovery in front of me.

God english is horrid literally unpossible to do well.

porcupinetree

not actually a porcupine
HSC
Alright I'm signing off for tonight to try and get some decent sleep

good luck everyone for tomorrow, remember this exam only counts for about 1% of your whole HSC so even if you do crap it doesn't really matter that much
& pls pray that I can find a decent pen tomorrow morning to get me thru paper 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)