2015ers Chit-Chat Thread (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr_Kap

HSC
Out of curiosity, how long should an english essay be for the modules under exam conditions?
I usually write around 50 words per essay, because apparently it takes 40 minutes to write 1000 words, meaning it would take me 2 minutes to write my essay. The trick however, is to link each 200 'actual words' together, into one big word, but since it takes 40 minutes for 1000 words, each word (even though is a big word now)will still take you 2.4 seconds to write....meaning you finish your essay in 5 minutes.

And that my friends is how you cheat the HSC.

Last edited:

Crisium

Pew Pew
HSC
I'm back (Trials are over yeww) :D

It seems like a lot of 2015ers seem to be cracking under the pressure of trials :/

teridax

HSC
N/A
just wondering

if you failed your trials (under 50%), no matter how much effort you invested into X subject, is it worth seeking a private tutor?

Fiction

HSC
I usually write around 50 words per essay, because apparently it takes 40 minutes to write 1000 words, meaning it would take me 2 minutes to write my essay. The trick however, is to link each 200 'actual words' together, into one big word, but since it takes 40 minutes for 1000 words, each word (even though is a big word now)will still take you 2.4 seconds to write....meaning you finish your essay in 5 minutes.

LOL
Reading your post is like revisting the good ol' UMAT revision days :p
Grass is green, cows only eat green things, therefore cows eat grass

Drsoccerball

HSC

You sir, deserve a Nobel prize.

Drsoccerball

HSC
it's chem :/
Hmm... Idk about chem tutors D: but what i did to work my way up from 40% in year 11 to 70's in year 12 was doing heeps of questions and going through notes... tutors for chem....i wouldnt

Chris_S

HSC
Does anyone know good quotes to use for the ideal of love in The Great Gatsby?

Ekman

HSC
it's chem :/
Well it depends on whether you have gaping holes in your knowledge. If you are all solid with your knowledge but just couldn't the answer the question then there is no need, but if you are having trouble with understanding the concepts, then defs go for it, because at this point in time, any help is good help.

teridax

HSC
N/A
Well it depends on whether you have gaping holes in your knowledge. If you are all solid with your knowledge but just couldn't the answer the question then there is no need, but if you are having trouble with understanding the concepts, then defs go for it, because at this point in time, any help is good help.
i actually have a decent grasp of the concepts; it's moreso being able to apply them to past papers

especially the one's involving a lot of calculations which i suck at

Ekman

HSC
depends what specific aspect of love you're referring to in Gatsby

ez b6
Hawkie help me out here bud. I don't know what stats I need for topic 1. Plz hep meh

Eco trials on frieday and im screwed for topic 1. My teacher probably is going to see this, and make all 4 essay questions on topic 1 :(

Flop21

HSC
Does anyone know good quotes to use for the ideal of love in The Great Gatsby?
"Her voice was full of money"

“a single green light, minute and far away” > “stretched out his arms toward”

Crisium

Pew Pew
HSC
just wondering

if you failed your trials (under 50%), no matter how much effort you invested into X subject, is it worth seeking a private tutor?
Mhhm

With such little time to go it would be difficult establishing a teacher-student relationship with the tutor, you would have to change your study routine (if any) as you would have to travel to them, etc.

tbh I think that if you try your best from now until the HSC you will do fine

Take RivalryOfTroll and mreditor16 as examples: The difference in their internals and externals for eco was ~ 5 . mreditor16's internal was 94 and his external was 99 which gave him an overall of 97 and a state rank :)

Despite him accelerating the subject and going on to get 99.95 I think it's possible for anyone to achieve something like this as long as they study effectively and efficiently :D

Good luck teridax you'll be fine!

Ekman

HSC
which aspects of topic 1 are you uncomfortable with? and i highly doubt all 4 essay questions would be centred on topic 1 only, because if that was so, your teacher is for a lack of a better word, an idiot. the essay questions will probably be across the course, not just topic 1, so dw man :)

inb4 you do
As I said, he is also on bos, so he will most likely see this.

And in terms of topic 1, im just uncomfortable about not having stats - barring the case study because that's all about stats. Past exemplar essays hardly have any as well, they only have certain policies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)