2015ers Chit-Chat Thread (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ekman

HSC
Guys I think I found a hack. Why dont I just write my essays as usual and only have 1 line for my conclusion (turns out my conclusions are pretty lengthy), so that once im done the main parts of each essay, I can add more to the one lined conclusion per essay. And if I dont have enough time, I wont be penalised for not having a conclusion.

HecticSandWitch

2007 fuccboi hustler king
HSC
Guys I think I found a hack. Why dont I just write my essays as usual and only have 1 line for my conclusion (turns out my conclusions are pretty lengthy), so that once im done the main parts of each essay, I can add more to the one lined conclusion per essay. And if I dont have enough time, I wont be penalised for not having a conclusion.
I'm friends with the son of an HSC marker and she recommended I did this as I always finished with like 20 seconds left. As long as a conclusion is there they can't mark you down, although I go for two sentences to be safe.

Ekman

HSC
I'm friends with the son of an HSC marker and she recommended I did this as I always finished with like 20 seconds left. As long as a conclusion is there they can't mark you down, although I go for two sentences to be safe.
But can they mark you down if you have a bad conclusion? Or is it something they just acknowledge and just give the marks for the main body of the essay?

Ekman

HSC
I knew a long time ago huehuehue ;)
You probably know my irl name too, Drsoccerball has revealed it once by accident.

(That being said, don't go ahead and reveal it again drsoccerball)

Drsoccerball

HSC
You probably know my irl name too, Drsoccerball has revealed it once by accident.

(That being said, don't go ahead and reveal it again drsoccerball)
No i didnt ahahah ?
EDIT: i call you ekman in real life ahahah

matchalolz

HSC
I do this subconsciously :3
one sentence to sum up the whole essay and if i have time, one sentence tying back to the question and providing a deeper insight

pomsky

HSC
I do this subconsciously :3
one sentence to sum up the whole essay and if i have time, one sentence tying back to the question and providing a deeper insight
Hahaha I always end up writing my conclusion before I finish my last body paragraph, just in case I don't finish (usually 5 minutes before pens down). Although my conclusions are usually 3-4 sentences long (albeit unrefined since I don't do prepared essays)

teridax

HSC
N/A
Hahaha I always end up writing my conclusion before I finish my last body paragraph, just in case I don't finish (usually 5 minutes before pens down). Although my conclusions are usually 3-4 sentences long (albeit unrefined since I don't do prepared essays)
if you do well in english (which i assume you do), then i'm mirin' lol

fak u naturally talented writers :haha:

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
But can they mark you down if you have a bad conclusion? Or is it something they just acknowledge and just give the marks for the main body of the essay?
Back in the day, my conclusions in Year 12 Advanced English essays averaged about 1-2 sentences. Even in the HSC exams (externals). I usually spent the last few seconds doing my conclusion and finished on the dot.

I'd be insanely lucky to hit 3-4 sentences.

It really depends on the marker (some have more sympathy/mercy in regards to the fact that you're doing these essays under exam conditions and time constraints) but I've had experiences where I lost at least a mark or so for a weak conclusion (i.e. a 1 line conclusion).

Drsoccerball

HSC
Omg havnt finished mod c essay yet... Memorised mod b and briefly memorised mod a :(

Soulful

HSC Hipster
HSC
1 more exam

i can see the light

though tbh the trials period itself wasnt nearly as stressful as I thought and Im just so glad ive been able to sleep in on days when I dont have exams

Ekman

HSC
You know what I find most frustrating when memorising essays? The final sentence of every paragraph. For some reason I just cant memorise the final sentence as easily as the remaining paragraph, I always seem to forget it. :(

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
You know what I find most frustrating when memorising essays? The final sentence of every paragraph. For some reason I just cant memorise the final sentence as easily as the remaining paragraph, I always seem to forget it. :(
Doesn't matter because your linking sentences on exam day will be geared towards the given question anyways.

So it's a blessing in disguise, in essence, since it forces you to attack the question :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)