2015ers Chit-Chat Thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flop21

HSC
Ah, the MIF joke. Makes me laugh every time I see it here, every day.

Chris_S

HSC
Legit after I do a MIF exercise I feel like I can get a band 6! When I do a multiple choice question from a past paper I feel like I am going to get a band 1 lol

Drsoccerball

HSC
Legit after I do a MIF exercise I feel like I can get a band 6! When I do a multiple choice question from a past paper I feel like I am going to get a band 1 lol
Sack textbook questions and do past papers...

I feel as though im pretty prepared for english tomorrow memorised my shit but its not long enough... For paper 2 I need to memorise mod a and c still :(
EDIT: i hope they use essay questions from a legit source and not get the questions from their bum like they always do...

Ekman

HSC
Sack textbook questions and do past papers...

I feel as though im pretty prepared for english tomorrow memorised my shit but its not long enough... For paper 2 I need to memorise mod a and c still :(
EDIT: i hope they use essay questions from a legit source and not get the questions from their bum like they always do...
Didn't you say that your creative was 1000+ words, how is that not long enough?

Fiction

HSC
my essays 980 and that only adds up to 4.5 pages...
That's plenty, unless you're a naturally fast + legible writer and can churn out 1200+ words in 40 mins or under. In which case you're not like the rest of us and should aim for more.

Drsoccerball

HSC
That's plenty, unless you're a naturally fast + legible writer and can churn out 1200+ words in 40 mins or under. In which case you're not like the rest of us and should aim for more.
I wrote 11 pages for one of my essays...and i finished writing my whole 1200 word short story in 30 mins... i could pump out extra 600 words for all:D ill do that for hsc maybe

Fiction

HSC
I wrote 11 pages for one of my essays...and i finished writing my whole 1200 word short story in 30 mins... i could pump out extra 600 words for all:D ill do that for hsc maybe
Dude, wow, I'm impressed :) Gj you (Keep up the awesome handwriting work haha)

If you can write more, then obviously try and write more, so it sets you apart from, well, everyone else lol. However, if you feel you're not so confident in your essay structure or analysis, I would work on that rather than simply seek to extend word count. I know some people will disagree and say that quantity is quality in itself, but as impressive as a 14 page essay is, if you don't address the question, have a logical structure etc, you're still not going to get a good mark.

Best of luck for your trials! :)

Chris_S

HSC
Wow drsoccerball you are a gun and still can't believe that was humanly possible lol! Keep up the solid work

porcupinetree

not actually a porcupine
HSC
Wrote my 7 pages in 35 mins for essay and 30 mins for short story leaving about an hour for short answers :p
Paper 2 is going to kill me i only know my hamlet essay
Wow, that's great! Is your handwriting legible though?

Ekman

HSC
Wrote my 7 pages in 35 mins for essay and 30 mins for short story leaving about an hour for short answers :p
Paper 2 is going to kill me i only know my hamlet essay
Lol it took me 45 mins to do the essay, and I completed the whole booklet (which I believe was 7 pages long), and did my short story in 5.5 pages in 30 mins. Im worried about paper 2 tomorrow because of my writing speed :( Im hoping that the questions will be specific enough so that I wont have to spend 40-45 mins writing out my generic and running out of time for my third essay.

Last edited:

teridax

HSC
N/A
Ill probably get crap again though ahaha
u don't know dat until u get ur results back :p

as long as you answer the question with outstanding insight, it should be okay :)c

Lol it took me 45 mins to do the essay, and I completed the whole booklet (which I believe was 7 pages long), and did my short story in 5.5 pages in 30 mins. Im worried about paper 2 tomorrow because of my writing speed :( Im hoping that the questions will be specific enough so that I wont have to spend 40-45 mins writing out my generic and running out of time for my third essay.
how long are your generics for paper 2 tho?

Ekman

HSC
u don't know dat until u get ur results back :p

as long as you answer the question with outstanding insight, it should be okay :)c

how long are your generics for paper 2 tho?
Well the discovery question was quite open-ended and so I was able to write my entire generic (which is around 1100 words), and my essays for paper 2 are around that length as well :(

Drsoccerball

HSC
As Imam once said "let go of your hand and let it loose" Legit you write so fast when youre not tense

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)