2015ers Chit-Chat Thread (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlyingKanga

The optimistic pessimist.
HSC
Anyone keen for extension history? I've got ma philosophical groove in da move.

Ekman

HSC
That sad moment when a teacher stops you from tieing drsoccerball to a chair on your muck up day :(.

RecklessRick

HSC
N/A
Anyone keen for extension history? I've got ma philosophical groove in da move.
Have you done your trial exam yet? We had Evans having a good go at postmodernists for our part I stimulus, so cut I didn't get to go to his lectures when he was here.

FlyingKanga

HSC
Have you done your trial exam yet? We had Evans having a good go at postmodernists for our part I stimulus, so cut I didn't get to go to his lectures when he was here.
Nah ours is on Monday. A bit confused on what to study. I'm just doing craptonnes of past essays by Monday and will hope for the best.

RecklessRick

HSC
N/A
Nah ours is on Monday. A bit confused on what to study. I'm just doing craptonnes of past essays by Monday and will hope for the best.
Just have a look over all the important readings you've been given, that'll usually give you good content to talk about.

FlyingKanga

HSC

RecklessRick

HSC
N/A
Do you know what the source book of readings provided by BOS is necessary for? I only discovered it during doing my major project, don't think our teacher put any major emphasis on it.

This one (http://www.boardofstudies.nsw.edu.au/syllabus_hsc/pdf_doc/history_ext_readings.pdf)
Ahahaha what? Surely your teacher gave you some of them? It's not necessary to read them all, and it's probably a waste of time to do so, but there are some killer readings in there. They're very good for giving you historians and debates to throw into your part 1 essays.

BlueGas

HSC
N/A
Anyone know how to deal with sweaty hands during an exam other than wiping it on my pants? (lol, hopefully this doesn't disgust anyone, I'm sure I'm not the only one)

RecklessRick

HSC
N/A
Anyone know how to deal with sweaty hands during an exam other than wiping it on my pants? (lol, hopefully this doesn't disgust anyone, I'm sure I'm not the only one)
Ask the invigilators for a glass of water and then pour it all over your hands mid-exam. The sweat will wash right off. Side effects include wet hands.

Chris_S

HSC
Got 30% more in chemistry, ext. maths and mathematics in my trials than in my prelims! You can say that I am a boss! :)

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Bring a wet cloth?

Fiction

HSC
Ask the invigilators for a glass of water and then pour it all over your hands mid-exam. The sweat will wash right off. Side effects include wet hands.
Because there's a difference between wet hands and sweaty hands in an exam room :p

Bring a wet cloth?
LOL
Awks if the supervisors go, "Raise your hands if you have any unauthorised items" and you bring up a wet cloth :p

Last edited:

RecklessRick

HSC
N/A
Because there's a difference between wet hands and sweaty hands in an exam room :p
Legit advice time though, pretty sure cloths aren't against the rules if you just want something to wipe your hands with. Alternatively if you have a blazer or a jumper that's a part of the school uniform there's no reason you can't just wipe your hands on that. As to preventative measures, you'd probably do well just to breathe deeply and try and relax before and during the exam. A pen with a better grip could also help you if the problem is that your pen is slipping as a result of sweat.

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad
LOL
Awks if the supervisors go, "Raise your hands if you have any unauthorised items" and you bring up a wet cloth :p

I've always wanted to bring something really strange in like a toy car? or something and hand it in :)

Ekman

HSC
I have a quick question, is 750 words for my creative for paper 1 too short?

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad
I have a quick question, is 750 words for my creative for paper 1 too short?
If you can add an extra 50-150 words on the day to adapt to the question then its an okay amount.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)