2015ers Chit-Chat Thread (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

turntaker

HSC
um... why do I have to write 1400 words for "Why would you like to be an engineer?"
I thought something with 400 words would be reasonable...
is says maximum "1400"
does that mean I shouldnt write that much

Last edited:

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
lol I'm copy pasting most of my stuff from all the stuff I wrote in the scholarship questions.
Highly unadvisable as recruiters can tell if it's copy / paste or written from scratch

caseydashleedykes

HSC
am i the only one who has barely done anything for legal cause they had maths this afternoon?

please tell me I'm not

nerdasdasd

HSC
Uni Grad
um... why do I have to write 1400 words for "Why would you like to be an engineer?"
I thought something with 400 words would be reasonable...
is says maximum "1400"
does that mean I shouldnt write that much
They want to know more about you!

Generally minus 10% to 50% of the word limit is acceptable

Flop21

HSC
Highly unadvisable as recruiters can tell if it's copy / paste or written from scratch
What? Why... do I really need to write "why do you want to go into this field" 5 different ways lol?

Mr_Kap

HSC
what is FEAS. can i use it to help me get into Advanced Science/Computer Science ????

Did i need to apply already. w/e its too late now. I better get a band 6 in either physics or chem now.

Crisium

Pew Pew
HSC
I'm being legit, it can be done and would be beneficial in exams. Typing in huge numbers for physics slows down the calculator and u miss numbers sometimes.
I was experiencing this as well then I changed the batteries the night before which made the calculator perform very fast in today's exam

If you're going to overclock the calculator you might as well add a cosair liquid cooling system and a mad graphics card

Flop21

HSC
Do you have programming experience
No lol.

:(

Tbh doubt I'd get in via FEAS if it came down to that, since they are primarily looking at subjects right? I only did 2u and results for that are not fantastic.

Flop21

HSC
what is FEAS. can i use it to help me get into Advanced Science/Computer Science ????

Did i need to apply already. w/e its too late now. I better get a band 6 in either physics or chem now.
FEAS = entry into engineering faculty if you don't get >91. You still have to get above 81 though.

I would apply for it definitely. It's still open, closes 23rd.

But because it's the engineering faculty I don't think it will get you into adv science (can always just do plain science and transfer if you really want if you don't get the ATAR).

turntaker

HSC
No lol.

:(

Tbh doubt I'd get in via FEAS if it came down to that, since they are primarily looking at subjects right? I only did 2u and results for that are not fantastic.
no subjects don't mean much. they don't care a lot about marks that much as long as you get 81 atar.
The whole idea is to show them why you want to study engineering/comp sci and show them that you truly are interested in that field.

turntaker

HSC

if you're expecting an atar of 91+ then you don't need it.
its if you are expecting an atar of between 81 - 91

nerdasdasd

HSC
Uni Grad
What? Why... do I really need to write "why do you want to go into this field" 5 different ways lol?
It's not about "5 different ways " but about how different universities and scholarships are different.

Every program + uni is different and you need to tailor your application for each of them individually. Some aspects of one scholarship may not apply to others

Mr_Kap

HSC
if you're expecting an atar of 91+ then you don't need it.
its if you are expecting an atar of between 81 - 91
shit should have applied for it in case i don't even get an 86 Atar (what i need for comp science with HSC plus). Im really worried about english. Hopefully i can at least get 74 and above.

Im gonna change my predictions..

astroman

HSC
shit should have applied for it in case i don't even get an 86 Atar (what i need for comp science with HSC plus). Im really worried about english. Hopefully i can at least get 74 and above.
dw u will make it straight in.

Flop21

HSC
no subjects don't mean much. they don't care a lot about marks that much as long as you get 81 atar.
The whole idea is to show them why you want to study engineering/comp sci and show them that you truly are interested in that field.
If that's the case then awesome, I think I have a chance.

It's not about "5 different ways " but about how different universities and scholarships are different.

Every program + uni is different and you need to tailor your application for each of them individually. Some aspects of one scholarship may not apply to others
I know haha. Don't worry I'm not stupid and have answered the question to the best of my ability. I did copy paste some bits, but they were just the standard experience bits.

Im gonna change my predictions..
Well apply!! I really would, I know I bet you'll get 90+ but it doesn't hurt to give yourself backup plans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)