2015ers Chit-Chat Thread (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ekman

HSC
rofl, i crammed my paper 2 essays in a night (friggin stressful, would NOT recommend)

idk, reciting is defs the best way to remember your essays - like i do 1 sentence and accumulatively build on the next sentence to memorise a whole paragraph, then i proceed to the next paragraph and do the same and then when i get those components memorised i try recite the whole essay in one go. normally takes me 2-3 hours to memorise an essay tbh but that's if i understand what i'm roting lol

rewriting is another one of my methods i use for memorising essays to test my handwriting legibility haha

but yeh, i would defs recommend start roting your essays as soon as possible

i mean, you'd be surprised at how much you can remember within a limited timeframe

edit: anyhow, i g2g back to study and do some maffs haha
It takes me 2-3 hours to memorise a 1100-1200 word essay
I read chronogically, going over the first sentence a few times, and then look away from the essay to see if I can recite it word for word in my head. It helps if you close your eyes as it removes any distractions
I've realised that essays that you've wrote entirely by yourself, as in creating each sentence in your own words, is much easier to memorise than if you take someone else's ideas or sentences
Each time you remember a new sentence, try to recite the essay all over again to that point to make sure you get everything engraved into your head

This process is very time consuming and mentally draining, but I managed to write down my memorised essay on the day of the trials with complete accuracy (and obviously shaping it a bit to answer the question)
Believe I do these things as well, but for some reason I have a lower retention rate then you guys, I guess as hawkie said, pressure does have a positive influence on memorising. I currently have 1 and a half weeks till trials and I want to get these essays memorised as quick as possible.

tonysoprano

HSC

Dennis1348

HSC
N/A
How should I make it look like it's specifically from yesterday's news. Should i be like "articles from July revealed..." or some shit?
Tbh, I got 18/20 by just using a case study and linking it back to the syllabus then to the question. I don't believe that you need to get into such detail.

WrittenLoveLetters

배고파
HSC
I don't think Business Studies case studies have to be recent, just relevant. I use Apple case studies from like 2012 and 2013 and get 19 or 20 out of 20

turntaker

HSC
i feel ya (in a totally non creepy way)
I have 3 more english essays to rote + cramming for other subjects but ima just go to sleep and give up lel
, I totally screwed up english.
By SCREWED UP i mean REALLY screwed up.

I wrote 7 pages in total for 3 essays.
lel

good luck btw

matchalolz

HSC
, I totally screwed up english.
By SCREWED UP i mean REALLY screwed up.

I wrote 7 pages in total for 3 essays.
lel

good luck btw
thank you :) good luck to you too!
Don't think too much about english rn, just focus on your remaining exams and take the trial as a learning experience (I know this is easier said than done)

teridax

HSC
N/A
i feel ya (in a totally non creepy way)
I have 3 more english essays to rote + cramming for other subjects but ima just go to sleep and give up lel
oh lord

thought you said you don't memorise essays for english tho?

matchalolz

HSC
oh lord

thought you said you don't memorise essays for english tho?
I memorise essays for some modules but don't regurgitate word for word. I chuck out like half my essay during the exam.
Starting to think that memorising essays is a bit inefficient but I need it for the clarity of expression/strong logical convincing argument. I can only write 900 words or so, therefore I have very specific phrasings dense in both analysis and relevant context up my sleeve and on the day I can focus on answering the actual question.

I know some of my texts a bit better now and hence can maybe write on the spot, so I might change my strategy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)