2015ers Chit-Chat Thread (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RecklessRick

HSC
N/A
You'll look like an idiot, but my understanding is that the section 1 texts are fair game. However the problem arises that if they're section 1 texts they'd usually not be considered a highly appropriate related text for the essay.

teridax

HSC
N/A
You'll look like an idiot, but my understanding is that the section 1 texts are fair game. However the problem arises that if they're section 1 texts they'd usually not be considered a highly appropriate related text for the essay.
There is usually a recurring theme across all sections of paper 1, so I don't see why the unseen texts wouldn't be highly appropriate for the essay.

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
There's an archilles heel to using unseen texts.

There's a risk you might repeat old techniques and quoteS.

Most ppl that try pull it off, often fail and get low marks

studded

HSC
I've got five exams in the first four days of exams, and I have incredibly insufficient notes for all of my classes. I know I've got time (fleeting at that) but I just feel like my attempts of studying are futile as fuck.

Last edited:

nerdasdasd

HSC
Uni Grad
I've got five exams in the first four days of exams, and I have incredibly insufficient notes for all of my notes. I know I've got time (fleeting at that) but I just feel like my attempts of studying are futile as fuck.
I'd recommend downloading a good set of notes, read it a few times and then smash out papers

Chris_S

HSC
Both of my related texts for AoS are films so I think I am safe

BlueGas

HSC
N/A
I'd recommend downloading a good set of notes, read it a few times and then smash out papers
As in smash out past papers? Do you think he'll have enough time to read the notes and smash out papers in 5 days?

nerdasdasd

HSC
Uni Grad
As in smash out past papers? Do you think he'll have enough time to read the notes and smash out papers in 5 days?
Maybe or maybe not.

But it would give him the best chance of doing good at this point

lightthefuze

HSC
Was just doing past papers, and writing main points from notes, plus recalling stuff and writing it on paper. But tbh I don't write that much. Been doing some self diagnosing googling haha and looks like it's probably TFFC tear.

Oh well, hopefully it'll get better, I know I'll be able to push through for first english exam, I just hope it doesn't get worse after that.
All the best Flop21!

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk

Drsoccerball

HSC
Went to school today to do a practice exam and got sent home because I had a beard LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)