2015ers Chit-Chat Thread (5 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr_Kap

HSC
Papermate inkjoy 700 rt 1.0M (metal one)

or

the papermate inkjoy plastic triangular one.

Katsumi

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
HSC
N/A
1 wk and I have no motivation to do anything.
I can't study no matter how hard I try.
wth do i do ? :(((((((((

I can see myself getting a 50 atar.
Cut the self loathing and victimhood and start studying. You have full control of your body.

rawrliongirl

HSC
Cut the self loathing and victimhood and start studying. You have full control of your body.
But the thing is idk where to start -_-
Like 100% lost. how does one study? >_>

..it mental block stopping me from studying, not body.

Last edited:

lightthefuze

HSC

Follow your normal school schedule and do a task for each subject that you lack confidence in (eg. Period 2 for me today - 9:45-10:35 is Ancient and I need to go over my Ancient Society and do some responses under timed conditions) If you want to see a sample, message me [emoji1]

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk

rawrliongirl

HSC
Follow your normal school schedule and do a task for each subject that you lack confidence in (eg. Period 2 for me today - 9:45-10:35 is Ancient and I need to go over my Ancient Society and do some responses under timed conditions) If you want to see a sample, message me [emoji1]

Das actually a good idea :eek:
But like not sure if i should be writing essays, making scaffolds or studying (making....) notes for english and modern hist.

Flop21

HSC
But like not sure if i should be writing essays, making scaffolds or studying (making....) notes for english and modern hist.
Content > test yourself on content > past papers

Get a planner, see how many days until HSC is over, plan each day and put in stuff u need to do, say study topic 2 of bio, or do 2010 past paper for math ect.

Katsumi

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
HSC
N/A

Pick a subject
Pick something that you need to know
Pick a study method
1 + 1 + 1 = Start studying
Repeat

Flop21

HSC
Wrist doesn't feel better, but I've talked to school and apparently I can still get special provisions. So I'll be able to have an ice pack and wrist brace in the exam and get breaks. I don't really understand how the break thing works though, do I just say 'i need a break' and they pause the clock??

If it gets worse and I cannot write on exam day, I will have to get a scribe. But I'm thinking I'll just push through it and hopefully I will be able to write with the brace and ice. Having to use a scribe for the HSC would be my ultimate nightmare.

If anyone else is having hand issues, there's this gel you can get from the chemist 'anti-inflammatory pain relief gel', looks good, I'll be using it.

FlyingKanga

The optimistic pessimist.
HSC
Wrist doesn't feel better, but I've talked to school and apparently I can still get special provisions. So I'll be able to have an ice pack and wrist brace in the exam and get breaks. I don't really understand how the break thing works though, do I just say 'i need a break' and they pause the clock??

If it gets worse and I cannot write on exam day, I will have to get a scribe. But I'm thinking I'll just push through it and hopefully I will be able to write with the brace and ice. Having to use a scribe for the HSC would be my ultimate nightmare.

If anyone else is having hand issues, there's this gel you can get from the chemist 'anti-inflammatory pain relief gel', looks good, I'll be using it.
How did you ruin your wrist again?

lightthefuze

HSC
I make scaffolds for topics that I am confident in. Whilst I write essays under timed conditions for topics that I need to improve in. For English, just rote learn your essays - During trials, I rote learned my essays by using flash cards with the main points on them. However, I'm aiming to add more detail to my responses (since that's what cost me a B6 in the trials) so I am rote learning my essays in full.

Flop21

HSC
How did you ruin your wrist again?
I have no idea? I think overuse, RSI. But I remember I did bang my wrist on the table like 4 days ago, so maybe that did something and then me writing for 7 hours every day probably fked it up.

astroman

HSC
I have no idea? I think overuse, RSI. But I remember I did bang my wrist on the table like 4 days ago, so maybe that did something and then me writing for 7 hours every day probably fked it up.
Don't write today, just reread your notes or look over marking guidelines for HSC exams.

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
@flop

Were you writing all your notes out or just the main points?

rawrliongirl

HSC
I make scaffolds for topics that I am confident in. Whilst I write essays under timed conditions for topics that I need to improve in. For English, just rote learn your essays - During trials, I rote learned my essays by using flash cards with the main points on them. However, I'm aiming to add more detail to my responses (since that's what cost me a B6 in the trials) so I am rote learning my essays in full.

ah okie. I'll probably write a couple of essays for history to get feedback and then make scaffolds for a few other Qs.

lol..i just got an email back from my english teacher basically telling me nicely that my essay sucked and that ill end up getting C's if i keep going the way I'm going.

edit: not sure if to actually bother with english anymore? we have 6 days and i don't think any amount of help will save me. should I just ditch it and focus on other subs?

Last edited:

Flop21

HSC
Was just doing past papers, and writing main points from notes, plus recalling stuff and writing it on paper. But tbh I don't write that much. Been doing some self diagnosing googling haha and looks like it's probably TFFC tear.

Oh well, hopefully it'll get better, I know I'll be able to push through for first english exam, I just hope it doesn't get worse after that.

FlyingKanga

The optimistic pessimist.
HSC
ah okie. I'll probably write a couple of essays for history to get feedback and then make scaffolds for a few other Qs.

lol..i just got an email back from my english teacher basically telling me nicely that my essay sucked and that ill end up getting C's if i keep going the way I'm going.

edit: not sure if to actually bother with english anymore? we have 6 days and i don't think any amount of help will save me. should I just ditch it and focus on other subs?
You should share them with a classmate doing well and get feedback asap. Teachers are useless with feedback, they just rush through it and give some quick comments.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)