2015ers Chit-Chat Thread (6 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

gurmeet

HSC
I am worried bout my Business studies! Gawd I wanna Vanish before it happens

gurmeet

HSC
That's right lad. But I am not sure what exactly to do, it's just heaps of stuff. any advice please?

astroman

HSC
That's right lad. But I am not sure what exactly to do, it's just heaps of stuff. any advice please?
Business is basically rote learning, read over your syllabus and you'll get at least 70% by just doing so, read notes and commit them to memory. Remember to practice writing your extended responses and have good understandings of your case study information.

gurmeet

HSC
Business is basically rote learning, read over your syllabus and you'll get at least 70% by just doing so, read notes and commit them to memory. Remember to practice writing your extended responses and have good understandings of your case study information.
Thanks mate, that helped a lot, well now I atleast know what is needed to be done. TOP LAD!

jethroc15

jeffre
HSC
Exam tip.... spend most u'r time on section 2 short answers Cos there's max 4 pages of writing and 40 marks compared to section 3 where there's 6 pages of writing and only 20 marks...

gurmeet

HSC
Thanks mate, that helped a lot, well now I atleast know what is needed to be done. TOP LAD!

astroman

HSC
Exam tip.... spend most u'r time on section 2 short answers Cos there's max 4 pages of writing and 40 marks compared to section 3 where there's 6 pages of writing and only 20 marks...
isnt that section 1?

gurmeet

HSC
what subject mate?

gurmeet

HSC
but in section 3 and 4 there are 40 marks as well, combining hypothetical question and essay(case study) question. and they seem pretty easy if you know the stuff, cos all you need is apply that knowledge to the question or simply just write.

Last edited:

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Hey peoples... HSC English on Monday.... anyone know a good related txt 4 discovery????
I was thinking going on a bear hunt but it seems everyone else is using it... I want something original...
The very hungry caterpillar. It is also a gripping read, however you may need to read a summary as it is a tad long!

Flop21

HSC
pfft.

"Can too much caffeine kill you? Yes, sort of. The lethal dose of caffeine is considered somewhere around 150 milligrams (mg) per kilogram (kg) of your body. According to the example used in this Asap SCIENCE video, a person weighing 70 kg (154 pounds) would need 14,000 mg of caffeine to overdose. So it would take 70 150-mg cups of coffee to kill someone weighing just over 150 pounds. They would also have to consume all of the cups at once, something their body would not allow."
Yes but I had just finished talking about caffeine PILLS when I said too much will kill you, not coffee.

Yes of course too much caffeine will kill you, it's happened before. When you're having caffeine in pill form, and/or ESPECIALLY powder form, it's so easy to have way too much. Yes you would have to consume a lot, but someone stressed and thinking they wanna stay awake taking more and more each hour or something could easily overdose with powder/pills.

I wanted to say it because I didn't want anyone here thinking caffeine is harmless and they can take lots of pills and stay awake fine. Because like I said, I originally had a low tolerance + took only 100mg more than I should have, and felt like SHIT for 5 hours straight (how long it's in your system). Jittering, shaking, extreme nausea, headache, anxious, and my heart was going nuts all for 5 hours non-stop.

--

And you are all crazy for being able to function on <8 hours sleep. I aim for 9 hours most days.

Mathsisfun15

HSC
So boned.

Haven't done my creative yet.
O_O

save me.
I did mine on Wednesday and before trials I did a different one on the Thursday before.
Sit down with the rubric and Write one today and try to get heaps of feedback from the person whos best at English at your school so you have the best chance of succeeding in the exam

Flop21

HSC
All these years of eating Maccas has finally paid off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)