2015ers Chit-Chat Thread (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

teridax

HSC
N/A
It's funny how between Yr 7 to just a few months ago, my mum threatened and pressured me to get into the best degrees
Yet now, she says to "do [my] best, it doesn't really matter"

I'm not sure how to react to this, she predicts my atar would be ~85 (which in her mind, is pretty good LOL)
Perhaps she's given up hope on me AHAHAHAHAAHAH
AWWWW MUM <3
tbh, that's like the mentality for many parents (even azn parents) so it's not surprising lol

atargainz

HSC
I chuckled, since parents don't udnerstand how it's all calculated

I think it'll be a pleasant surprise when she sees it :D
her expectations compared to your goals are so different lol. 99.95 esp with how you were saying you gunned english

Mr_Kap

HSC
Even in my half yearlies where all my marks where in the mid 90's apart from EXT1 maths (like 70%) and Advanced english (like 84%), and i was coming first in 2u Math, Physics and Chem, and 3rd in Bio, and 8/20 in Adv English they were like im not gonna make it to a good course at UNI... lol.

Now my ranks are worse: 1st still in physics, 6th in Chemistry (bombed my trials, lucky i was ahead of second by a LONG LONG WAY ---> like 2nd had to beat me by 20 marks to be first (it happened though) so now 2nd to 6th is like a few marks apart and in the mid to high eighties), 12th in Adv English (bombed trials with 72%), 2nd in 2u Mathematics (person dropped from 4u), 3rd in Bio (JUST..by percentage rounding, and i'm 2% off first)....and my parents realise that im doing well. Like at half yearlies i was doing better than now....and they didn't realise how well i was doin.

Kaido

be.
HSC
Even in my half yearlies where all my marks where in the mid 90's apart from EXT1 maths (like 70%) and Advanced english (like 84%), and i was coming first in 2u Math, Physics and Chem, and 3rd in Bio, and 8/20 in Adv English they were like im not gonna make it to a good course at UNI... lol.

Now my ranks are worse: 1st still in physics, 6th in Chemistry (bombed my trials, lucky i was ahead of second by a LONG LONG WAY ---> like 2nd had to beat me by 20 marks to be first (it happened though) so now 2nd to 6th is like a few marks apart and in the mid to high eighties), 12th in Adv English (bombed trials with 72%), 2nd in 2u Mathematics (person dropped from 4u), 3rd in Bio (JUST..by percentage rounding, and i'm 2% off first)....and my parents realise that im doing well. Like at half yearlies i was doing better than now....and they didn't realise how well i was doin.
AHAHAA holy fuck, the drop in chem is real, wtf happened
How do people 'bomb' out?

Mr_Kap

HSC
AHAHAA holy fuck, the drop in chem is real, wtf happened
How do people 'bomb' out?
When you write REALLY SLOW that you don't even attempt 25 marks, even when you know the answer.

Yeh, it was my first science trial exam (i had chemistry before physics and bio), and i was just chillin through the exam and i ran out of time. i learnt from my mistakes an wrote faster so I JUST FINISHED Bio and Physics trial like dead on time.

Plus i can't even write fast --> around 950 words in 40 minutes and thats if im writing constantly and super fast ---> hence why i'm only gonna get band 4 in english for HSC.

mcchicken

madman in a box
HSC
Meanwhile I'm over here chillin' because I haven't thought about maths since the end of Y10 :')

Btw I can't help but notice all of your high marks/goals in your signatures and I admit, I'm a tad curious.... Do you guys go to "good" schools? You can use your own definition of good tbh because my school is 500+ and there's literally about 3 people with legitimate ambition (including myself) in my year so admittedly, my definition of "good" is having the privilege to not be surrounded by 80 people whose only life goals are to be either a housewife or a tradie - not that there's anything wrong with those two options lol it's just when that's your entire year group.... it gets a bit old.

Mr_Kap

HSC
Meanwhile I'm over here chillin' because I haven't thought about maths since the end of Y10 :')

Btw I can't help but notice all of your high marks/goals in your signatures and I admit, I'm a tad curious.... Do you guys go to "good" schools? You can use your own definition of good tbh because my school is 500+ and there's literally about 3 people with legitimate ambition (including myself) in my year so admittedly, my definition of "good" is having the privilege to not be surrounded by 80 people whose only life goals are to be either a housewife or a tradie - not that there's anything wrong with those two options lol it's just when that's your entire year group.... it gets a bit old.
well i go to a 107th ranked school.
And this year they expectin us to crack top 100, and also to have around 10 over 90 Atars (we only have 37 in our year so thats just more than 1/4th of my year group).

Kaido

be.
HSC

Hmm, I go to a 400+ school, I guess I was lucky to meet a few ambitious people in my year, I seriously considered going down the brickie path just over a year ago lol

mcchicken

madman in a box
HSC
well i go to a 107th ranked school.
And this year they expectin us to crack top 100, and also to have around 10 over 90 Atars (we only have 37 in our year so thats just more than 1/4th of my year group).
Wow, we haven't got a 90 ATAR in like 5+ years... Last year the highest was 86 or something, she used to be pretty avid on here as futuremidwife whom I think some of you know. Other than her there were a few others that might have gotten 70-80 but the majority usually get mystery marks.

HecticSandWitch

2007 fuccboi hustler king
HSC

I think it varies, a lot of people here come from top 100 schools but the ones who aren't are often really passionate about their studies and are outliers. Remember not to measure yourself up against others though!

mcchicken

madman in a box
HSC
Hmm, I go to a 400+ school, I guess I was lucky to meet a few ambitious people in my year, I seriously considered going down the brickie path just over a year ago lol
Haha. Yeah 1st ranks are pretty must spread between me and one of my best friends and we do a pretty good job at keeping each other motivated. As seniors we're not in any classes together other than Adv + Ext, but as juniors we definitely were the reasons we both tried so hard in class, mainly to beat each other lol. Don't know where I'd be without her, you're lucky to have more than one :)

HecticSandWitch

2007 fuccboi hustler king
HSC
If I don't get the ATAR I need I'd happily pick up a trade rather than waste four years at uni studying something I don't have passion for. Being a brickie would be rewarding as fuck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)