2015ers Chit-Chat Thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sida1049

HSC
For people doing 4u, how many questions do you think there will be for permutation and combination as well as probability?
If I had to guess, one combinatorics question at most, maybe in the multiple choice. I personally think probability is unlikely, especially since there was a probability finale last year for Extension 1. However it might come up in Question 14 or 15 if we are unlucky (or lucky, if you are one of those distinct few).

If we get a probability finale this year for Extension 2, I'm gonna slam the table, yell "ENOUGH" and walk the fuck out.

sida1049

HSC
*Extension science (singular)

I dunno man, not sure if I like the idea of having the separate branches of science mashed up under one "extension" science course; consider how disjointed the 'Ideas to Implementation' topic is for Physics, then consider how disjointed the entire syllabus for Physics is, then consider how disjointed Senior science is as a topic which touches on all the major branches of science, then consider how disjointed our first 4 years of science education in high school as been. An "extension" science topic would encourage more rote learning, at least from what the article is implying; e.g. students who do only 2 or 4 units of science would really be forced to memorise responses for the aspects of the course which are foreign to them... as we more or less already do.

Last edited:

Mr_Kap

HSC
*Extension science (singular)

I dunno man, not sure if I like the idea of having the separate branches of science mashed up under one "extension" science course; consider how disjointed the 'Ideas to Implementation' topic is for Physics, then consider how disjointed the entire syllabus for Physics is, then consider how disjointed Science science is as a topic which touches on all the major branches of science, then consider how disjointed our first 4 years of science education in high school as been. An "extension" science topic would encourage more rote learning, at least from what the article is implying; e.g. students who do only 2 or 4 units of science would really be forced to memorise responses for the aspects of the course which are foreign to them... as we more or less already do.
Well before year 11, the only way i studied was to memorise my textbook. This would make me come between 1st-4th in year 7-10 science, with marks in the mid to high ninties.

Now, i've learnt to understand shit, but the rote learning is ridiculous.
Extension science is gonna be rote mania.

FlyingKanga

The optimistic pessimist.
HSC
I'm not ready for maths... I mean I've done many past papers but I'm not ready... Idk why

happyhunter

HSC
any1 know how to calculate your internal mark?
Get your mark and the weighing of the task

e.g If you get say 25/40 on a task and the weighting was 20% then you you got 10 since 50% of 20 etc. Just do this for all your marks and add up them up and you get your internal mark.

sida1049

HSC
Get your mark and the weighing of the task

e.g If you get say 25/40 on a task and the weighting was 20% then you you got 10 since 50% of 20 etc. Just do this for all your marks and add up them up and you get your internal mark.
It depends on which 'internal mark' he's referring to. If it's what appears on your school report, then your method would be correct. If it's what your teachers send to BOSTES, you can't know it (they can change the internal marks if they wish to e.g. top mark might be 85, but they might want to bring that up to 100, and increase every other mark as well, though that doesn't make a difference in the end). Your final reported internal mark is actually based on your external mark, as well as what mark you get proportionally as a part of your cohort's performance.

Flop21

HSC
Imagine if your calculator died during the exam... come to think about it my calculator has literally been going since year 7, 5 years and used pretty much every single school day... can't believe it's still running.

I'm going to take a spare one just in case (sibling's).

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Imagine if your calculator died during the exam... come to think about it my calculator has literally been going since year 7, 5 years and used pretty much every single school day... can't believe it's still running.

I'm going to take a spare one just in case (sibling's).
You can change the battery.

leehuan

HSC
I was going to take just one calculator into the exam and chill. But these paranoia inducing comments have made me search for my spare and bring that as well.

Even though I sat through the 2U and 3U exams last year with the same calculator I use today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)