• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

2016ers Chit-Chat Thread (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DatAtarLyfe

Booty Connoisseur
HSC
Farrr, after hearing all these words, i realised the canto kids at skool are swearing the whole time

leehuan

HSC
**************************U DAL

Just kidding ily.

DatAtarLyfe

Booty Connoisseur
HSC
Can someone teach me Physics too lol I hate the motors and generators stuff!!!!!
M&G is bae, you can pm if you need help

Also chem peeps, for the dotpoint "Identify data and choose resources to gather information about the colour changes of a range of indicators", what did you guys do at school? We did an extremely tedious prac which involved testing a range of solutions (from strong acids to strong bases) using like 5 different indicators, then we drew up a table to indicate (haha) the colour ranges of each indicator
When i wrote up my notes on this, the textbook and notes i used simply gave a table of the colour changes of the different indicators, which i thought would suffice, and i did not read anything about a prac. So when we did the prac i was really suprised. Now i'm not sure if i should include the prac in my notes or nah? Mostly i'm just curious as to what you guys did

Bestintheworld

HSC
Can anyone shed some light into me? Would around 86 raw mark be a band 6 in Biology?

DatAtarLyfe

Booty Connoisseur
HSC
Can anyone shed some light into me? Would around 86 raw mark be a band 6 in Biology?
I'm pretty sure it would, but i don't do bio and am not sure about the scaling.

Edit: i did some research and pretty much anything above 80 will get you a b6

Shuuya

HSC
M&G is bae, you can pm if you need help

Also chem peeps, for the dotpoint "Identify data and choose resources to gather information about the colour changes of a range of indicators", what did you guys do at school? We did an extremely tedious prac which involved testing a range of solutions (from strong acids to strong bases) using like 5 different indicators, then we drew up a table to indicate (haha) the colour ranges of each indicator
When i wrote up my notes on this, the textbook and notes i used simply gave a table of the colour changes of the different indicators, which i thought would suffice, and i did not read anything about a prac. So when we did the prac i was really suprised. Now i'm not sure if i should include the prac in my notes or nah? Mostly i'm just curious as to what you guys did
We did a similar prac at school, but with 4 indicators :tongue: Maybe just summarise the prac in your notes? I feel like it's unlikely that they would ask us to reproduce the method or something in an exam

DatAtarLyfe

Booty Connoisseur
HSC
k cool, just though it was weird since it wasn't mentioned in any other resources, but yeh i'll just outline the method

Further question for both phys and chem students: what are you guys up to at school? My school is super slow so i've already gone ahead but my phys teacher today was like "we're flying through this!" and i was like bitch we aint flying, haven't even left the ground. So yeh, amuse me.

Shuuya

HSC
k cool, just though it was weird since it wasn't mentioned in any other resources, but yeh i'll just outline the method

Further question for both phys and chem students: what are you guys up to at school? My school is super slow so i've already gone ahead but my phys teacher today was like "we're flying through this!" and i was like bitch we aint flying, haven't even left the ground. So yeh, amuse me.
For chem we're covering equilibriums at the moment, I think we're behind :p

leehuan

HSC

At this point in the year my physics class had started working on electromagnetic induction and getting ready to start generators but my chem class only just started the acidic enviro (so indicators and stuff)

blackbird_14

HSC
For chem we're covering equilibriums at the moment, I think we're behind :p
Well at our school we did the Acidic Environment first in Term 4, so we're doing Production of Materials atm, done the 4th and starting the 1st dotpoint this week.

Sien

将来: NEET
HSC
We're like half way through section 1 for acidic
Almost finished section one for blueprint of life

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

DatAtarLyfe

Booty Connoisseur
HSC
Oh, ok so our chem class isnt behind, we were doing equilibriums as well.
Phys on the other hand, we were doing galvanometers and loudspeakers, so were about to start induction.
Idk, i still think we're slow altogether

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)