• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

2016ers Chit-Chat Thread (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BandSixFix

Disillusioned
HSC
[emoji27] my mistake, re-read it. That did sound pretty doubtful/banterish, my bad sorry Sien.

Pretty sick rn so if i post anything retarded then im probably not thinking straight
ugh me too- tbh it seems everyone in my school is sick lmao

Bestintheworld

HSC
tfw your school gets a bomb threat and you are outside for more than an hour doing nothing.

leehuan

HSC
tfw your school gets a bomb threat and you are outside for more than an hour doing nothing.
Shouldn't school be over?

But yeah evacuations are funny.

Our school assembly was supposedly cut short on time by the principal because a Yr 9 class had a practical assessment to do period 1. Nek min we are evacuating cause a fire started.

jenandeeb

HSC
study

lol i'm burnt out from bio

what does his teaching style got to do with his marking :/
It has nothing to do with his marking, but he's said it himself, he's a very harsh marker, and I've seen the way he marks first hand

Bestintheworld

HSC
Shouldn't school be over?

But yeah evacuations are funny.

Our school assembly was supposedly cut short on time by the principal because a Yr 9 class had a practical assessment to do period 1. Nek min we are evacuating cause a fire started.
Yea I forgot to mention the BOS community earlier in the day. Hope I haven't committed any crimes in doing so late :p

jenandeeb

HSC
If it's bias, see the counsellor for the confidence and the principal or someone to report poor teaching methods.

If he does it to everyone, then that's how he teaches
I'm alright with confidence, like I can speak in front of the class and everything but it was the way he told me to go up and the way he asked the questions, like I could tell he seriously didn't give a shit if I knew the content or not, he just wanted me to make a fool of myself

leehuan

HSC
I'm alright with confidence, like I can speak in front of the class and everything but it was the way he told me to go up and the way he asked the questions, like I could tell he seriously didn't give a shit if I knew the content or not, he just wanted me to make a fool of myself
Well if you're the ONLY one objectified you can still contact higher authority to express disapproval

jenandeeb

HSC
The teacher might end up giving her all kinds of shit then

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk
Yeah he's the type of guy who will. I avoided him all day today, but I'm obviously gunna have to face him tomorrow - I'll just tell him that I don't like the way he speaks and treats me, if he continues on after that I think I'll speak to the principal.

DatAtarLyfe

Booty Connoisseur
HSC
cute, havent even started m & g in class lol
NO WAY?! Dont you go to a top 10 school?
Yeah he's the type of guy who will. I avoided him all day today, but I'm obviously gunna have to face him tomorrow - I'll just tell him that I don't like the way he speaks and treats me, if he continues on after that I think I'll speak to the principal.
I have respect for teachers but when they start treating me like that, then they've lost my respect.
You dont need to take his shit, if he's picking on you than fight back (not physically ofc, metaphorically). It might be bad advice, but if you keep cowering rather than speaking your mind, its just going to continue on like this.
Im not saying be rebellious, im just saying if he is being condescending then just straight up tell him that his job is to teach, not bully the students like a boot camp instructor.
Just dont swear. Keep calm and stay assertive. He'll back off for sure.
Dont let his behaviour stop you from learning

leehuan

HSC

I have respect for teachers but when they start treating me like that, then they've lost my respect.
You dont need to take his shit, if he's picking on you than fight back (not physically ofc, metaphorically). It might be bad advice, but if you keep cowering rather than speaking your mind, its just going to continue on like this.
Im not saying be rebellious, im just saying if he is being condescending then just straight up tell him that his job is to teach, not bully the students like a boot camp instructor.
Just dont swear. Keep calm and stay assertive. He'll back off for sure.
Dont let his behaviour stop you from learning
Whilst your way of thought is right tbh, I personally find threatening their job without direct methods is more interesting and thus painful for them. That's why I say contact the principal.

Nailgun

Cole World
HSC
top 10 school =/= goods teacher lelele
although we probs have a higher proportion of good teachers than most schools, realistically we're good because we have smart kids in a competitive environment rather than anything else
plus our physics department is like barren lelelel
we have a million chemistry teachers. and 1 legit physics teacher (who is kinda a nutjob tbh)

its just my class btw lelel
the other physics class are well into m&g, i just have a retarded teacher
all goods though, I just do hsc questions in class anyways lelel, and I don't really get called out for it cuz I'm doing well
She keeps trying to get me to do homework though

leehuan

HSC
top 10 school =/= goods teacher lelele
although we probs have a higher proportion of good teachers than most schools, realistically we're good because we have smart kids in a competitive environment rather than anything else
plus our physics department is like barren lelelel
we have a million chemistry teachers. and 1 legit physics teacher (who is kinda a nutjob tbh)

its just my class btw lelel
the other physics class are well into m&g, i just have a retarded teacher
all goods though, I just do hsc questions in class anyways lelel, and I don't really get called out for it cuz I'm doing well
She keeps trying to get me to do homework though
We're talking about physics teachers aren't we...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)