2016ers Chit-Chat Thread (5 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingOfActing

lukewarm mess
HSC
I totally used pseudo-"inspection" to save time on 4U today.

It was one of those "Hence prove the the point T is T(..., ...)" which is done through simultaneous equations

I solved for y simultaneously, then just said "Substituting this back into the first equation gives x = [xcoord from question]" rather than actually dealing with the equation twice

Nailgun

Cole World
HSC

It was one of those "Hence prove the the point T is T(..., ...)" which is done through simultaneous equations

I solved for y simultaneously, then just said "Substituting this back into the first equation gives x = [xcoord from question]" rather than actually dealing with the equation twice
i do that in 2U lel

Paradoxica

-insert title here-
HSC

usually I consider the quotient and product of the x y co-ordinates... That's most of the "hard" locus questions.

The rest are impossible to see (and hence require magic) and the remaining are usually so obvious that the question can be handwaved in one line.

KingOfActing

lukewarm mess
HSC
usually I consider the quotient and product of the x y co-ordinates... That's most of the "hard" locus questions.

The rest are impossible to see (and hence require magic) and the remaining are usually so obvious that the question can be handwaved in one line.
Oh no it was heaps easy, it's was just to prove that the coordinates were something. I think it was T(2cpq/(p+q), 2c/(p+q)). It was the point of intersection of the tangents at two points on a rectangular hyperbola. In the next part pq was assumed to be some constant (C) and so the locus is y = x/C

Green Yoda

Hi Φ
HSC
Curious: can I use matrices to solve simultaneous equations in my 2u exam? lel

Paradoxica

-insert title here-
HSC
Oh no it was heaps easy, it's was just to prove that the coordinates were something. I think it was T(2cpq/(p+q), 2c/(p+q)). It was the point of intersection of the tangents at two points on a rectangular hyperbola. In the next part pq was assumed to be some constant (C) and so the locus is y = x/C
that's so easy I laugh.

Paradoxica

-insert title here-
HSC
LOL

I know you can use Matrices to solve problems of the Conic sections in 4U (source: Olympiad tutor)

I'm not sure 2U affords students the same flexibility.

leehuan

HSC
Wow gees your simultaneous equations in 2U aren't even hard and you want matrices?!

InteGrand

HSC
N/A
LOL

I know you can use Matrices to solve problems of the Conic sections in 4U (source: Olympiad tutor)

Are you sure you're allowed to use matrices for the Conics section in HSC? Because that'll really trivialise some of the questions they ask.

KingOfActing

lukewarm mess
HSC
LOL

SCREAMS

WHAT

That's so much easier I'm literally sobbing inside I wish I knew this eariler

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)