2016ers Chit-Chat Thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ProdigyInspired

Tafe Advocate
HSC
Every person's study hours are different, some people feel 6 hours is good, and 7 hours is even better, some people feel that only 2 hours are enough as they can work efficiently

If you don't feel like 2-3 is enough then go for gold.

----

meanwhile i feel like shit because i regret doing chemistry and not realising my strengths in more humanities subjects earlier, it was fun in the first few terms, but the terribleness of our science teacher started to become more apparent as we are late on progressing into the syllabus.

Last edited:

mrstripedshades

HSC
Every person's study hours are different, some people feel 6 hours is good, and 7 hours is even better, some people feel that only 2 hours are enough as they can work efficiently

If you don't feel like 2-3 is enough then go for gold.

----

meanwhile i feel like shit because i regret doing chemistry and not realising my strengths in more humanities subjects earlier, it was fun in the first few terms, but the terribleness of our science teacher started to become more apparent as we are late on progressing into the syllabus.

and for some reason him telling us that his uai was around 65, excuse me, just sticks in my mind so much
feel same about chem and wish I picked a humanity subject, not because I'm struggling or anything, but I just see myself doing a degree where a humanities would be useful. Atm Im thinking of going into a Business Faculty... and I havent done economics or business studies ever lmao

porcupinetree

not actually a porcupine
HSC
2-3 hours per day isn't too bad as long as they're spent well, but personally I'd recommend doing more study than that

meDAawesome

HSC
Just curious to know as people are prepping for trials at the moment. What are people's study time tables looking like? What time do you start everyday? How many hours do you do a day? How long are your breaks etc... Should probably create a new thread for this and I know that people work differently, but I was just curious to know how my fellow Hscers are doing. =)
well I aim to get up by about 9am, do 1 hr of maths/physics/eco past papers to wake up, then I setup my study schedule the same as my school timetable+ my own personal timetable for afternoons. Eg. on a monday I have English, Physics, Maths, Modern so I just do 1.5 hrs per subject as I would at school.

ProdigyInspired

Tafe Advocate
HSC
feel same about chem and wish I picked a humanity subject, not because I'm struggling or anything, but I just see myself doing a degree where a humanities would be useful. Atm Im thinking of going into a Business Faculty... and I havent done economics or business studies ever lmao
yea for some reason the asian came upon me and i was thinking of doing engineering, so i did physics and chem

dropped one of them, and want to drop the other one because now I purely want to do b.comm.

leehuan

HSC
yea for some reason the asian came upon me and i was thinking of doing engineering, so i did physics and chem

dropped one of them, and want to drop the other one because now I purely want to do b.comm.
Lol what.

Don't even need to be good at HSC humanities to excel in uni business.

ProdigyInspired

Tafe Advocate
HSC
Lol what.

Don't even need to be good at HSC humanities to excel in uni business.
but doing a course i.e. legal, economics that would be relevant to the content uni business-related courses e.g. business law, international business, eco and it goes on and on, would be overall more beneficial would it not? It's not so much about doing good in it.

I personally am talking about the lack of interest in my subject that I could not foresee, and would rather do a subject that would support my future degree (which is what mss is talking about), than just useless future knowledge.

how is microeconomics btw? what do you learn in it?

ml125

HSC
Just curious to know as people are prepping for trials at the moment. What are people's study time tables looking like? What time do you start everyday? How many hours do you do a day? How long are your breaks etc... Should probably create a new thread for this and I know that people work differently, but I was just curious to know how my fellow Hscers are doing. =)
My study is disrupted af since I basically have 'school' everyday rip
Since most of my lessons run from around 9-5, I get home around 6pm
6-8 I spend doing whatever - sleep, eat. Since my friends usually send me questions they get stuck on throughout the day I use this block of time to look at all of them, write out solutions, explain it to them etc. (usually because if I leave it any longer I forget lelele)
8-12 is disrupted study since I usually have my guinea pigs walking around on my desk or smth
12 onwards, usually till like 2-3 I go all out studying

leehuan

HSC
but doing a course i.e. legal, economics that would be relevant to the content uni business-related courses e.g. business law, international business, eco and it goes on and on, would be overall more beneficial would it not? It's not so much about doing good in it.

I personally am talking about the lack of interest in my subject that I could not foresee, and would rather do a subject that would support my future degree (which is what mss is talking about), than just useless future knowledge.

how is microeconomics btw? what do you learn in it?
That's different. Regrets in picking HSC subjects out of distaste is different.

Whilst I'm sure that knowledge of the HSC commerce subjects will help with actual commerce, they still are not necessary though. I was slower than a lot but I picked up quite easily.

Personally, I do not regret going all science in the HSC and switching over to actuarial anymore. (I did at the start, but no longer.)

You can go through the UNSW subject reviews to see how I felt about it. With what we learnt, here's the syllabus. It's mostly simple applied microeconomics that effectively attempt to sketch out how the principles work - not apply them to the real world yet.
https://www.business.unsw.edu.au/Pr...ECON1101_Microeconomics_1_PartsA+B_S12016.pdf

UnbiasedProductivity

The lurker.
HSC
Roughly it's this:
0700-0800: Training
0800-0900: Breakfast
0900-1200: Study (Probably Past Paper)
1200-0200: Lunch/Break
0200-0400: Study (Go over past paper)
0400-0600: Training
0600-0700: Dinner
0700-0900: Procrastinate
0900-0000: Study

And repeat. That's the ideal day. Usually something or the other comes up, so I have to adjust it accordingly.

BandSixFix

Disillusioned
HSC
Roughly it's this:
0700-0800: Training
0800-0900: Breakfast
0900-1200: Study (Probably Past Paper)
1200-0200: Lunch/Break
0200-0400: Study (Go over past paper)
0400-0600: Training
0600-0700: Dinner
0700-0900: Procrastinate
0900-0000: Study

And repeat. That's the ideal day. Usually something or the other comes up, so I have to adjust it accordingly.
If I can ask, what does 'training' consist of?

Nailgun

Cole World
HSC
I did taekwondo once upon a time.

I remember nothing.

Jakulore

HSC
Trying to hit 3 hrs everyday... And can barely do that LMAO rip me
I've been focusing on English a couple hours a day and can barely do that either :( I should probably do my other subjects too but ah well... It is what it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)