2016ers Chit-Chat Thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Green Yoda

Hi Φ
HSC
Guys you got this! You got a whole week!! I memorised 3 essays and a creative word by word in 2 days for my prelims so a week is more than enough time..just keep working hard!

ProdigyInspired

Tafe Advocate
HSC
Some reason I always thought Speed6 was a ~2015er.

-

So glad that all my exams are each a few days apart (with exception of BST).

Speed6

Retired '16
HSC
N/A
Some reason I always thought Speed6 was a ~2015er.

-

So glad that all my exams are each a few days apart (with exception of BST).
Lol- I've just been here for a while and I might have come across as one, but for the record, yes, I'm a 16er.

mrstripedshades

HSC
btw is anyone just hoping to be lucky and not doing two ORTs? lmao. I honestly think I may at this point, might even half ass speeches

and if it makes anyone feel any better I havent even started memorising anything :l . (That being said at the moment IM not thinking of changing much from trials)

Btw this is for anyone that does Brave New World. It is a bad idea to have a paragraph mainly dealing with the form of Political system in BNW and HOW it interacts with individuals, and through what means, what that represents etc. My second paragraph then would be the portrayal of its effects in particular on the 'personal', say, individuality, and essentially how Huxley presents that through such a system true individuality struggles. This is what I did in my trials but not sure if its a good idea?

Shuuya

HSC
btw is anyone just hoping to be lucky and not doing two ORTs? lmao. I honestly think I may at this point, might even half ass speeches

and if it makes anyone feel any better I havent even started memorising anything :l . (That being said at the moment IM not thinking of changing much from trials)

Btw this is for anyone that does Brave New World. It is a bad idea to have a paragraph mainly dealing with the form of Political system in BNW and HOW it interacts with individuals, and through what means, what that represents etc. My second paragraph then would be the portrayal of its effects in particular on the 'personal', say, individuality, and essentially how Huxley presents that through such a system true individuality struggles. This is what I did in my trials but not sure if its a good idea?
I'm actually hoping that they ask for two related texts for AOS because I don't know them in depth, and since trials asked for two that's all I'm prepared for

leehuan

HSC
Man what's with people and loving the idea of memorising essays these days... I do not compute

Only thing I tried to memorise was my creative.

KingOfActing

lukewarm mess
HSC
Man what's with people and loving the idea of memorising essays these days... I do not compute

Good essay that doesn't answer the question: at least 8/15
Bad essay that does answer the question: no more than 9/15

:))))

leehuan

HSC
Good essay that doesn't answer the question: at least 8/15
Bad essay that does answer the question: no more than 9/15

:))))
Answering the question was the easy part for me; writing a good essay was the hard part

Yet I didn't get below 11 for the AoS section :p

Last edited:

Silky_Smooth

HSC

^ THIS

I never memorise my essays and I don't plan to do it next year either. It just seems like such a waste of time

KingOfActing

lukewarm mess
HSC
I haven't yet memorised essays, but I'm definitely going to do it for HSC.

It's a really easy way to get 90+ raw - just keep editing one essay until it's worth full marks and change it a tiny bit on the spot to fit the question. :p

mrstripedshades

HSC

did u have 2 RT's for each section though?

and i never really tried to memorise an essay before, at least word for word. But I guess because iM a slow writer what I wrote as a 'base' looked a lot like the final product, so I may just try to memorise the entire essay this time around

leehuan

HSC
did u have 2 ORT's for each section though?

and i never really tried to memorise an essay before, at least word for word. But I guess because iM a slow writer what I wrote as a 'base' looked a lot like the final product, so I may just try to memorise the entire essay this time around
No I just risked it and did 1.

Bestintheworld

HSC

you've told us this for the 500th time lol

Personally memorising essays has always helped me and I have tried doing without memorising and failed miserably

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)