2016ers Chit-Chat Thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mosski

HSC
My goal is actually a 75 ATAR. As of right now its the ATAR I need to get into the course I want to do. Plus my subjects are pretty bad scaling.

Orwell

HSC
Can anyone link me a site that gives me a good idea how subjects scale?

Zoinked

Beast
HSC
I have 2 friends for example, have a passion for learning but absolutely suck at examination taking, have the same perspective as me in the importance of education but is severely limited to a 60 ATAR and a below 40 ATAR due to their inability to conform to standardised testing + mental/physical illnesses and disadvantages.
On average I'm right, the 75 atar recipients care less overall. I feel sorry for your friends who are exceptions to this.

Zoinked

Beast
HSC

mrstripedshades

HSC
:spzz:

Binomial + projectile motion will be the death of me
im fine with projectile motion, probably one of my best ext topics tbh. need to do more 'wall' questions tho.

binomials i'm probably legit skipping, usually run out of time for a question or two in ext.

WrittenLoveLetters

배고파
HSC
I'm tempted to just ride the coat tail of the 4U kids because they all smash 3U with 90%+

But alas, I must try my best.

eating

Wannabe COMP god
HSC
Of course I will try to remember to do it, but will giving an answer with a non-factorised surd lose marks?

eg. sqrt(12) instead of 2*sqrt(3)

HeyAaron_

HSC
N/A
wow i literally thought geo was tomorrow lol i checked my calendar and realised its on tuesday hahahaha

BandSixFix

Disillusioned
HSC
This is just an unnecessary, depressing rant.

All my life I was considered to be an over-achiever, in fact at one point my parents were convinced I was going to study law because I was apparently so capable. I did well throughout high school, with even my teachers thinking that I'll get a really good final mark and estimating my atar in the 90's. I received academic awards, and genuinely prided on the fact that I was ~intelligent~ and I always saw UNSW as my next stage in life but right now I definitely know it's not going to happen.

I don't know why but this year everything just went to shits. This is the worst year I have ever performed in my life. It's been a constant brick in the fact on how I'm reminded that I'm not as good as I thought I was, and the fact the only exam I feel pretty confident that I did better than my trials was English. I feel like I can't get into any universities near me, not only that my parents are my entire family are going to be significantly and extremely disappointed/angry with me if I didn't get into UNSW. I honestly tried so hard and studied so much for Biology and Maths but yesterday and the day before robbed me and made me feel so pathetic. The only hope is that I can get a high band 5 in both Ext. Eng or Business, but I really doubt that since my internal marks were averaging mid-band 4's and my subjects scale so poorly. I feel so dumb, and so stupid right now and like it's really hard not to cry every minute at the thought of waking up and seeing my atar is 50. It just feels like all those past papers and study I spent for my subjects were not even recognised at all.

I know that ATAR isn't everything and that I can transfer what not, but it's just that it feels all my 13 years of being praised for being ~smart~ was completely shattered.
I can guarantee a majority of the state is feeling exactly like you. Is being 'praised' smart all you wanted? Its better to think of it as merely a bonus because you should know inside that barring year 12, you did put in the effort and did try your best to succeed. Don't let one year remove all this - hard work will always pay off, and you'll find that out someday.

mrstripedshades

HSC
I can't believe how well I do in MC in practice exams and how I horribly choke in actual exams.

I'm going to skip the multi choice unless I am calm in EXt 1 and come back to it. Me not being calm at the beginning probably fked me up, whilst q11 & 12 really relaxed me for 2u.

Ellztrap

HSC
Uni Grad
Sometimes I forget people still have more exams.

So glad to just like chill for the next two weeks

mrstripedshades

HSC
man i legit cant fall asleep for some reason, or jst dont want to and am resisting it.

I legitmately slept like 3-4 hours on Sunday early hours, and today I didn't sleep at ALL, not even a small dozing off lmao.

I'm not tht tired honestly but its getting way harder to study. I will probably go to sleep at like noon or something when im super tired, otherwise I just dont see myself falling asleep. Need an 8 hour sleep BADLY, will do wonders for health I think haven't had one in 4-5 days or so

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
man i legit cant fall asleep for some reason, or jst dont want to and am resisting it.

I legitmately slept like 3-4 hours on Sunday early hours, and today I didn't sleep at ALL, not even a small dozing off lmao.

I'm not tht tired honestly but its getting way harder to study. I will probably go to sleep at like noon or something when im super tired, otherwise I just dont see myself falling asleep. Need an 8 hour sleep BADLY, will do wonders for health I think haven't had one in 4-5 days or so
Maybe try melatonin tablets or go to your GP or a pharmacist for sleeping tablets.

mrstripedshades

HSC
Maybe try melatonin tablets or go to your GP or a pharmacist for sleeping tablets.
will definitely do if i dont sleep today. I think I may have some at home would have to ask my dad as most likely he would've used them and my mum is paranoid always and wouldnt want me to use anything like that

Ellztrap

HSC
Uni Grad
In year 10 I got into a really bad sleeping schedule, despite numerous attempts to fix it (and despite how much sleep I had, I always felt like I had none) my doc gave me melatonin to take before bed, and man, I got into a really good sleeping schedule, be in bed by 10am be up at 6-7am.
Then I moved and stopped taking them cause money.

But they were good

eating

Wannabe COMP god
HSC
I'm fine going to sleep. 9:00PM the night before the exam.

But then, without exception, I wake up at 1:30AM and take ages to fall back asleep. I'm not even consciously stressed or anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)