2017ers Chit-Chat Thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

WrittenLoveLetters

배고파
HSC
thanks for the useless advice you weaboo
Just a note, I wasn't trying to be mean. It just seemed right to tell you to avoid getting an N award and to definitely hit any number above 0 for a subject. So I wouldn't say its the most useless advice otherwise I would be encouraging you to be an incompetent candidate in the HSC, which I greatly assume you aren't and don't want to be. Maybe I take the HSC much more seriously than you, but my advice still stands - how about some effort to avoid ANY N awards and 0s? I would hate to have it affect your chance at a better ATAR. Good luck on your studies.

Green Yoda

Hi Φ
HSC
Had my 3u Trials Yesterday, one of the hardest papers ever. I had done most of the recent trial papers from the top school for 3u and was averaging ~80% under exam conditions. However my trial exam was so much harder and at this point I dont even think I'll get over 60%. Feelz bad man :/

HSC
Had my 3u Trials Yesterday, one of the hardest papers ever. I had done most of the recent trial papers from the top school for 3u and was averaging ~80% under exam conditions. However my trial exam was so much harder and at this point I dont even think I'll get over 60%. Feelz bad man :/
that sounds brutal >__>"
was it a time thing or just impossible qs?
It should be ok though because scaling + most people probably struggled too ( think last year people at my school were averaging below 70 for the ext 2 paper)

trial sounds scary ; w ;

Green Yoda

Hi Φ
HSC
that sounds brutal >__>"
was it a time thing or just impossible qs?
It should be ok though because scaling + most people probably struggled too ( think last year people at my school were averaging below 70 for the ext 2 paper)

trial sounds scary ; w ;
Just Crazy Questions. I have my 4u Trials on monday and I am so freaking scared because the same teacher made the exam :bomb:

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
Just Crazy Questions. I have my 4u Trials on monday and I am so freaking scared because the same teacher made the exam :bomb:
We just finished trials with an extremely hard 3u and 4u paper harder than top selectives as well so I'll pray for you haha

seasonedseaweed

HSC
N/A
Hey guys, i was wondering what do the teachers do with the essays that we write after they are done marking? do they upload it to turnitin or do they like delete it

boredofstudiesuser1

HSC
Hey guys, i was wondering what do the teachers do with the essays that we write after they are done marking? do they upload it to turnitin or do they like delete it
Usually, if they use turnitin, they'll make you submit it directly. At least that's what has happened in my experience.

No Study

HSC
Just a note, I wasn't trying to be mean. It just seemed right to tell you to avoid getting an N award and to definitely hit any number above 0 for a subject. So I wouldn't say its the most useless advice otherwise I would be encouraging you to be an incompetent candidate in the HSC, which I greatly assume you aren't and don't want to be. Maybe I take the HSC much more seriously than you, but my advice still stands - how about some effort to avoid ANY N awards and 0s? I would hate to have it affect your chance at a better ATAR. Good luck on your studies.
ppl drop subjects all the time wtf r u on about lol ?? ?

blackbird_14

HSC
yeah, if they use turnitin, they'll make you submit it directly. But usually, they can tell plagiarism has occurred when multiple students use the same quotes with the same analysis as say spark notes, in which they'd probably mark you done from.

On another note, it seems like the thread only really comes alive near/in school holidays. You guys must be much more studious than mine was!

Yaris

HSC
I have a modern history essay due on Tuesday and my ext. history major due on Wednesday and I haven't finished neither... procrastination is the devil.

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
I have a modern history essay due on Tuesday and my ext. history major due on Wednesday and I haven't finished neither... procrastination is the devil.
When do your holidays start?

You can do it!

Mathew587

HSC
ppl drop subjects all the time wtf r u on about lol ?? ?
You asked for help. She gave you help. You got pissed off at her advice and called her a weaboo but she still gave advice.
My recommendation- Take the advice (go study and stop being a shitcunt) and take the HSC more seriously. You have 16 weeks left. Dont stuff this up :)

HSC
at least this time you have some emotional preparation xD
it's about maximising the marks rather than the final percentage! good luck on monday!

Green Yoda

Hi Φ
HSC
at least this time you have some emotional preparation xD
it's about maximising the marks rather than the final percentage! good luck on monday!
Yeah thanks, hopefully its not too bad. I want to atleast get into top 5 in 4u and top 7 in 3u. My School trial and assessments don't really reflect how I will do in HSC as every test this year has been crazy. Even last year, the trial which was much easier than the one I did and rank 1 got 91% and rank 2 got 89% and both ended up with 99 HSC in 3u and the people who got 50-60% got high 80's to low 90's too.

Last edited:

kimsayslegit

HSC
Hi! I guess I'm new to this whole posting thing but wanted to join the discussion and wish the best of luck to everyone for their trials and exams! :) It's 2am and I'm just up panicking about my English exam which is in two days LOOOOOOOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)