2017ers Chit-Chat Thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
Hi! I guess I'm new to this whole posting thing but wanted to join the discussion and wish the best of luck to everyone for their trials and exams! :) It's 2am and I'm just up panicking about my English exam which is in two days LOOOOOOOL
Good luck, we had our trials week 8-9 already on the whole course for each subject so I know how you feel

Green Yoda

Hi Φ
HSC
Holy shit 2 more trial exams left yes!! I am mentally drained. Only PDHPE and Physics left so I should finish off well.

seasonedseaweed

HSC
N/A
My school is shit, i am doing the hsc with 3 subjects for year 11 and the other 3 subjects in year 12. Trust me its not good, we do like prelims in 1 term and spend 2 terms doing the hsc syllabus, most the teachers are crap because they barely explain stuff and just rush through it like a marathon.

Mathew587

HSC
A lot of work.

English- get notes done, churn out essays, hw, do a couple of creatives, short ans x 2
Math- do harder 2u qs, past papers till death, inclass hw/assignment
Bio- hw, memorise notes, do short answ qs till fluent
Chem- A LOT OF HW, revise modules and do short ans qs, try finish option topic, do the prac paper our teacher's given us, chem tutor stuff
Business- revise notes, study "learn to" sections of each, practice short ans, go through a lot of hw
Eco- make notes on env sust and wealth and inq, revise old mods, go through the workbook and do qs, prac essays and short ans

might go to tsfx
chill with friends atleast once (lol)
try exercise
sleep 6hrs daily as practice for trials/hsc

*posted this up as my to-do list haha*

BenHowe

HSC
Uni Grad
A lot of work.

English- get notes done, churn out essays, hw, do a couple of creatives, short ans x 2
Math- do harder 2u qs, past papers till death, inclass hw/assignment
Bio- hw, memorise notes, do short answ qs till fluent
Chem- A LOT OF HW, revise modules and do short ans qs, try finish option topic, do the prac paper our teacher's given us, chem tutor stuff
Business- revise notes, study "learn to" sections of each, practice short ans, go through a lot of hw
Eco- make notes on env sust and wealth and inq, revise old mods, go through the workbook and do qs, prac essays and short ans

might go to tsfx
chill with friends atleast once (lol)
try exercise
sleep 6hrs daily as practice for trials/hsc

*posted this up as my to-do list haha*
Hey if any of you are going to TSFX I would highly recommend the MX2 lectures if a guy called Geoffrey is taking them. He wrote the mx2 syllabus in the 70's and has been teaching ever since. He is v good.

kimsayslegit

HSC
Planning to clean up all my notes and revise for math LOL I basically didn't do any math homework during my exam period last term (regrets!) so now I have to catch up in time for Trials ))))))))))):

si2136

HSC
N/A
English - Remember Quotes and make Essay Plans
Maths - Past Paper Past Paper Past Paper
Business - Past Paper and Remember Case Study
Eco - Past Paper Past Paper Past Paper

Metamorphoses

HSC
Hi guys I hope you're enjoying year twelve ^_^ I thought i'd post here as well as in Buy/Sell that i'm selling some cheap notes for English, Ancient, and Modern. They are succinct yet detailed and closely following the syllabi.

The notes may be purchased on my Sellfy profile, https://sellfy.com/1101038533247856 If you have any questions or would like to see a sample before you buy, shoot me a message.

NOTES & PRICES

English Advanced
I received a final HSC mark of 95 for English Advanced.

Paper 1:
Life of Pi notes --> $4
Paper 2:
Module A - Julius Caesar, The Prince --> $7 full notes
Module B - Poetry of T.S. Eliot --> $5 full notes
Module C - Brave New World, Related text notes - V for Vendetta --> $5

Ancient History - Mark 93
These Ancient notes are extremely detailed.
Deal - Purchase all of my ancient notes including essays/plans for $40.

Core: Full notes on Pompeii and Herculaneum with integrated evidence & sources ***22 PAGES LONG*** --> $10
Ramesses II: Full notes including evidence & sources ***16 PAGES LONG*** --> $7
New Kingdom Egypt Ramesside Period: Full notes including evidence & sources ***25 PAGES LONG*** --> $7
Augustan age: Full notes including evidence & sources ***17 PAGES LONG*** --> $7

Modern History - Mark 91
Also very detailed and succinct; structured according to the syllabus dot-points.

Core: Full notes $4
Germany: Full notes ***22 PAGES*** $7
Conflict in Europe: ***25 PAGES*** $5
Albert Speer: 8 pages, $5

TO BUY: Go to https://sellfy.com/1101038533247856

si2136

HSC
N/A
Is anyone here doing UMAT? Its in 2 weeks (ish) and I feel so underprepped :bomb:
Same. I've only done 3 past papers but they do take quite a while to do. I also need to do AMC papers and both exams are close to trials :((

EngineeringHelp

HSC
Hey,

what up peepsss..
Question.. Does the HSC use plagiarism checkers?
So just say for English, I were to use someone's essay from 2016, would they know its copied?

HSC
care to find out :pirate:

(in the past cheaters have been caught so most likely? its not worth jeopardising your entire mark by plagiarising)

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
Hey,

what up peepsss..
So just say for English, I were to use someone's essay from 2016, would they know its copied?
They don't but no point risking it. What if they decide to implement it this year? There are bots that can easily recognise re-captcha words so they can probably read essays and you'll get 0. Plus you will feel guilty and no satisfaction if you do good since it wasn't yours.

It will be hard to adapt to questions because you won't know what was written and if you try to adapt it markers WILL see the difference in writing styles. Answering the question is very important so might as well use your own work.

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
For those who have done the HSC, how many papers for each subject approximately did you do for your trials and HSC?

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Hey,

what up peepsss..
If it is a previous years essay then multiple students are likely to use it.This might mean the marker may have read a similar essay the very same day and flag it for plagiarism.

Last edited:

kimsayslegit

HSC
Same. I've only done 3 past papers but they do take quite a while to do. I also need to do AMC papers and both exams are close to trials :((
Yeah I find myself being unable to sit still at home for 3 hrs to do it LOL I've been doing the paper in sections but just scared that my time management will suck on the actual day )))): Ugh I def understand abt the trials thing... UMAT's the week before trials for me ):

(LOL Forgot to reply w a quote)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)