2017ers Chit-Chat Thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mathew587

HSC
Im good. Got HSC Half Yearlys, as in Task2 coming up in two weeks. Not sure how to study for English tho... Like not just for these exams, but in general. For Chemistry, Physics and other similar subjects, I can easily do a past paper and feel like i have done work when i feel the satisfaction of successfully answering a question, but with English, I cannot do that. It's weird :/
I get you boi, I get you :/

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
wooow how tho...
I need like 8-10 hours or my brain doesnt function and i burn outheaps fast. tried doing 6-8 hours back in term 4 but burned out by week 4 :(
The selective pressure of too much homework caused me to rapidly evolve which caused a punctuated equilibrium

HSC
How's everyone going for leisure time and stuff
I keep feeling guilty after spending 1-2h not doing work/napping ;_;

StudyMaster101

HSC
Does anyone actually know how scaling works? I'm just worried about PDHPE because I did an ATAR calculator and it scaled down pretty significantly.
Thanks. :d

aycaramba

HSC
N/A
it only scales down if you do badly- just like in any other subject except ext 2 maths, ext 2 eng and latin

EngineeringHelp

HSC
PE scaling is like General Maths scaling. In both, a raw mark of 90, will produce a scaled mark of 90. An 80 will usually scale down and scaling will try to adjust your mark to the cohort's median mark. And of course, above 90, you will most likely keep that mark unless its 96+ which usually scales up.

Green Yoda

Hi Φ
HSC
PE scaling is like General Maths scaling. In both, a raw mark of 90, will produce a scaled mark of 90. An 80 will usually scale down and scaling will try to adjust your mark to the cohort's median mark. And of course, above 90, you will most likely keep that mark unless its 96+ which usually scales up.
For General Maths aligned mark of 90, it is around 85-86 Raw and for PDHPE a aligned 90 is around 83 raw. A 90 raw in PDHPE aligns to a 94 to 95.

Swaussie

HSC
Is anyone else doing the whole HSC via distance education here?

ShallomxO

HSC
Hi,
Im in desperate need for hospo notes on elective unit chapter 2 and 4 for my half yearlies

HSC
How's year 12 compared to year 11
much more stressful since every assessment has some kinda weighting but it feels more productive
socially, junior years and y11 are obviously better xD

it's not too bad tbh (i say the day before getting 4u results back <_<) just have to keep disciplined and level headed

also secretly excited to be outta high school soon^tm :skip:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)