2018 HSC+ATAR results discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

entartung

HSC
Overall i'm really happy with how i went, but i'm shocked by the disparity between my internal and external marks for history extension and general maths. ATAR calcs have been around 93. Really hope they're accurate as my goal was 91.

Eng adv 88

Eng ex 48 (49 hsc, 46 internal)

Modern his 88

His ex 38 (44 hsc, 32 internal)

Legal 93

Gen maths 87 (91 hsc, 82 internal)

The 12 and 9 mark disparity between hsc and internals is huge, really sad about that. Even though my ranks were admittedly quite low, my school is top 20 so i was surprised by how poor they turned out to be.

Last edited:

jryl

HSC
Extremely happy with all my results apart from mx2, I might need a result check I’ve never seen such a gap.

Subject: mark (hsc/assessment mark)
English adv: 86 (88/84)
MX1: 88 (89/87)
MX2: 76 (64/87) - wtf happened I knew I didn’t do great but not that bad I was thinking 50-60% raw at the worst, is this worth checking out?
Physics: 90 (89/90)
Software: 90 (87/92)

Jolteon

HSC
When do the rest of the state ranks come out?

gallen88

HSC
I feel like a goddam failure tbh :(

English - 86
3u maths - 93
4u maths - 90
Physics - 90
Software - 96

LEGIT Everyone's marks in our cohort are much worse than we ever predicted!
Don't worry dude, the exams were harder this year! In my perspective you did amazing but I do understand where you are coming from about how you feel for English, that was me for Modern History : /...

@ Tugawar --> Everyone has different standards we've all had a crazy year this year, we should all be supportive.

You'll definitely get that 96+ ATAR and be proud of your efforts Drdusk! : )

Hope you're feeling a bit better

Last edited:

Robrules3

HSC
Feeling pretty satisfied with mine

Eng adv - 85 (not that happy with this tho, paper 1 brought me down i think)
physics - 79 (would've liked a band 5 but oh well)
business - 89 (also would've liked band 6 but not a big deal)
IPT - 90 (very happy coz i thought i screwed up multi choice real bad)
pdhpe - 93 ( very happy)

luckily wasn't dragged down by any of my internals

Last edited:

jjuunnee

HSC
wew 8 state ranks from my school in legal my teacher is going to cry

luaquad

HSC
Does anyone from previous HSC years know how accurate ATAR calculators are?

not1

HSC
Not that it makes much of a difference but I'm just wondering if anyone can explain how it's possible for an internal assessment mark to be lower than an external examination mark for someone coming first?
i.e.
External: 49/50
Internal: 48/50
Overall: 49/50

jjuunnee

HSC
Not that it makes much of a difference but I'm just wondering if anyone can explain how it's possible for an internal assessment mark to be lower than an external examination mark for someone coming first?
i.e.
maybe it's the other way around? i got confused when they sent out an email bc they put external mark first before internal

InteGrand

HSC
N/A
Does anyone from previous HSC years know how accurate ATAR calculators are?
I think it depends on what ATAR range you're looking at. Relatively low ATARs would probably (I'm guessing) have higher "variance" in their estimates compared to high ones.

luaquad

HSC
I think it depends on what ATAR range you're looking at. Relatively low ATARs would probably (I'm guessing) have higher "variance" in their estimates compared to high ones.
Yeah that makes sense. It’s just that HSCninja and all other calculators are giving me around 92 with +— 1 point so I’m hoping that stays true for tomorrow morning

HoldingOn

HSC
i.e.
If you tied first then your assessment is the average of the first two external

Tugawar101

HSC
Uni Grad
To the guy saying I'm insulting people with my post.

I'm really not. I've also been constantly getting messages from friends who all got 99+ Atar's asking for my results even though mine are no where near as good as theirs. Either way I'm not pissed off by this even though they probably are judging me.

Getting good results is subjective, I have talked to people that have gotten band 3's and they're extremely happy with their results when I wouldn't have been.

On a note if you are insulted by these kinds of comments then clearly you are a bit insecure about your own results. YOU should be proud of what you have achieved and not be getting pissed off at others frustration at their own results

Never did I let all the higher atar's/marks around me let me feel uncomfortable or angry.

Peace
If you read my response before I stated that I was actually quite happy with my marks because it got me the degree I wanted at the Uni I wanted, very far from insecure. I am very proud of what I achieved as should you.

jryl

HSC
I think I might have some sort of marking issue with my MX2 exam but not sure if its just alignment this year or poor performance or both.

I got 76 for MX2 with an exam mark of 64 and an assessment mark of 87. 23 mark difference. Coincidentally my assessment mark was 64 and my worst result was trials I got 60%.

I was ranked first and although I knew I didn't perform that well in the exam I knew that I got atleast 50%, most likely 55-60%, and considering this year's difficulty, and 2017 alignment (53 raw -> 85 aligned), I was expecting atleast 83+ as my aligned exam mark.

A mark of 64 aligned is so low that I've never even seen someone get it, would that be around 35-40% raw? I know I did better than that comparing with marking criteria.

Are other 4u students getting their expected results? I'll be buying a results check + raw mark report but just wondering what the likelihood is that something did actually occur with my exam.

Last edited:

D94

HSC
N/A
FYI, I have some 2018 raw marks for Mathematics General 2 (Standard), Mathematics (Advanced), Mathematics Extension 1, Mathematics Extension 2, SDD, Physics, Chemistry and English Advanced. https://rawmarks.info/

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)