2018ers Chit-Chat Thread (1 Viewer)

KitKat3012

HSC
Hi all,
Do you know who writes the HSC? Are they school teachers or...?
Does anyone know if their school has had any teachers that have written the hsc?

HoldingOn

HSC
Does anyone know any other decent 3U textbooks with harder style questions apart from Cambridge? If so where can I get it?

Frostguard

HSC
Any one know if the atar notes lectures at UTS are good?
The lectures pretty much go through exam tips and content of the subject so it is useful, especially since it’s free, so if you don’t have anything else better to do you could go to these lectures and brush up on content.

In saying that, did everyone receive their Trials timetables yet? If so how is everybody’s?? Rip they put modern and biology on the same day Imao good luck for everybody’s trials especially if you’re already doing them!!!! :eek::shy::rolleyes:

brbstudying

HSC
The lectures pretty much go through exam tips and content of the subject so it is useful, especially since it’s free, so if you don’t have anything else better to do you could go to these lectures and brush up on content.

In saying that, did everyone receive their Trials timetables yet? If so how is everybody’s?? Rip they put modern and biology on the same day Imao good luck for everybody’s trials especially if you’re already doing them!!!! :eek::shy::rolleyes:
My school literally just replicated the actual HSC timetable lmao

supR

Trials are the best
HSC
Uni Grad

Mine's pretty good but it's common with my subjects - I have an exam every second day or so so it's nice :p

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

altSwift

HSC
Does anyone know any other decent 3U textbooks with harder style questions apart from Cambridge? If so where can I get it?
Terry Lee has a 3u book (I've only used my friend's copy of it for binomials, and its pretty good)

Ramini1

HSC
Hey guys,
I’ve been really lazy these holidays and my trials start week 4 Thursday. I haven’t done any notes on the search for better health module so I was wondering would it be better to just use a good set of someone else’s notes for that module which would allow me to get straight into revision and past papers or take time out to make my own.

(Not sure if this is the right forum to post this but oh well)

MNAEEM

HSC
i just wanted to ask about engineering and maths, at the beginning of yr 11 i was in 2u maths and they had an exam which was dropping people to general maths, because of personal reasons i didnt have nough time to revise and unfortunately went to genral maths and i want to do engineering, however as soon as school finishes i am willing to learn 2u and 3u maths properly and extensively, i will sacrifice my holidays to learn 2u and 3u and later undertake a bridging course and take the tests to assess my knowlege on the subjects...just wanted to know if i will be fine or will have issues

supR

Trials are the best
HSC
Uni Grad
i just wanted to ask about engineering and maths, at the beginning of yr 11 i was in 2u maths and they had an exam which was dropping people to general maths, because of personal reasons i didnt have nough time to revise and unfortunately went to genral maths and i want to do engineering, however as soon as school finishes i am willing to learn 2u and 3u maths properly and extensively, i will sacrifice my holidays to learn 2u and 3u and later undertake a bridging course and take the tests to assess my knowlege on the subjects...just wanted to know if i will be fine or will have issues
I believe you will be fine, the bridging course will help immensely and as long as you are committed to learning the required content, I see no reason why you wouldn't be able to.

Drdusk

HSC
Uni Grad
Also keep in mind that for a lot of engineering degrees 4u maths also takes a big part, I believe they burn through the whole 4u course in the first half of the first year or something.

However you should be fine, I don't see why you cant learn as long as you work really hard.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)