2018ers Chit-Chat Thread (1 Viewer)

spaghettii

HSC
Uni Grad
I do Visual Arts and we have to work on our Body of Work or more commonly known as your Year 12 Major. I plan on doing a video-game themed installation that is based on the history and the evolution of art from Paintings to Gaming and Virtual Reality as an art form. I'm using certain video games such as Rez and Fotonica as influences as well as Sonic the Hedgehog, Super Mario and Minecraft. I haven't put much thought into it but I'm excited to start planning and constructing it. :caffeine: :D :karate: :biggrin:
Nice!! Your concept sounds awesome! That'll definitely be an interesting major work. Have you thought of any possible mediums?

PikyoK

HSC
Nice!! Your concept sounds awesome! That'll definitely be an interesting major work. Have you thought of any possible mediums?
I haven't put much thought into that either but some possible mediums include polystyrene, Holographic Laser Leather Fabric, LED Lights, cardboard paper, Optical fibre, Paint, plastic blocks, glitter and a flexible mannequin (unknown material).

Last edited:

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
I haven't put much thought into that either but some possible mediums include polystyrene, Holographic Laser Leather Fabric, LED Lights, cardboard paper, Optical fibre, Paint, plastic blocks, glitter and a flexible mannequin (unknown material).
You probably ideally want to get a concrete idea approved by the art department ASAP. Trust me, leaving major works to the last minute is not fun.

alicm

HSC
For those doing subjects with major works, have you thought of any ideas?
For ENX2 I haven't really thought much about what I'll do because I'm still trying to think of what form I want to use and for HEX I've thought up possible topics but I won't need to focus on the major until finishing the class content.

Lumenoria

HSC
Got my AOS discovery creative and short answers notification today, which is in the second week of December and it's weighted 30%. Really really hope I don't fuck it up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

supR

Trials are the best
HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah I’m really excited for HSC - finally get to try my best and see results :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Snowflek

HSC
Good luck to you guys! Make sure you don't slack around during year 12. Make sure you study hard for every test, as you would want to maintain the rank. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)