2018ers Chit-Chat Thread (1 Viewer)

spaghettii

HSC
Uni Grad
Assessment week coming up next week.
Same here :( Are yours all in the one week or are they across week 8 and 9?

lmaoo same week 8 and 9 is assessment season
legit next week Tuesday I have Eco topic test and then legal 10% examination on the same day
then week 9 I have 5 assessments in 4 days hahaha all my friends are like ' are you ok? You look stressed but then I just say ' I am the definition of chill and relaxation not sure why you would I'm stressed I'm perfectly fine '
But let's be real i felt like I've taken a stresso espresso

Do y'all have any tips to de-stress, personally I take walks but I think I've hit that point where I'm so stressed, I'm calm LOL
but yeah what are your destressing methods?
Haha same here. The next couple of weeks are gonna be busy as heck
To de-stress, I recommend listening to calm music, reading, punching stuff (pillows are great, walls aren't), drinking tea, and playing video games if you like gaming. Basically anything that involves either relaxing or moving around.

supR

Trials are the best
HSC
Uni Grad
lmaoo same week 8 and 9 is assessment season
legit next week Tuesday I have Eco topic test and then legal 10% examination on the same day
then week 9 I have 5 assessments in 4 days hahaha all my friends are like ' are you ok? You look stressed but then I just say ' I am the definition of chill and relaxation not sure why you would I'm stressed I'm perfectly fine '
But let's be real i felt like I've taken a stresso espresso

Do y'all have any tips to de-stress, personally I take walks but I think I've hit that point where I'm so stressed, I'm calm LOL
but yeah what are your destressing methods?
It's kinda lame but I just try to get the work done
I'll split it all up into little chucks and just tick em off --> Literally write a checklist with red boxes that I get a black pen and tick off --> after a few tasks you start to see the progression and begin to destress

I like to bike ride as well or go to the gym to release my stress... or anger ahah
also skype/facebook calling people and ranting and stuff helps

boredofstudiesuser1

HSC
Same here :( Are yours all in the one week or are they across week 8 and 9?
I've kind of lost track... but I know it starts next Friday and continues until the end of Week 9. We haven't got our assessment timetable yet though...

I've got heaps of Maths Extension 1 & 2 theory to catch up on. A bit worried for English, we've already handed in a creative and now we need to do a speech - and its my weakest subject :(

Glad I don't have Music 2 or Financial Services assessments this term!!

captainneuro

HSC
Just want to wish you all good luck for your assessments coming up for year 12. If you don't do as well as you could have, you still have time to pick up your game. I have friends who have gotten 40% in an assessment and still end up with 95+ atar. Keep your focus on your ultimate goal and it will help you get through. Good luck guys. :)

spaghettii

HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah since mine are next week too pretty much stressed its all of week at and what really funny that after my 17th birthday not this Sunday the next Sunday (3rd Dec) I have an English listening task assessment what an amazing birthday gift. :awesome:
Dude no way, I'm one day older than you!! Sagittarius squad 4lyfe haha
I'm spending my birthday studying too, I've got english, legal and society :(

I've kind of lost track... but I know it starts next Friday and continues until the end of Week 9. We haven't got our assessment timetable yet though...

I've got heaps of Maths Extension 1 & 2 theory to catch up on. A bit worried for English, we've already handed in a creative and now we need to do a speech - and its my weakest subject :(

Glad I don't have Music 2 or Financial Services assessments this term!!
Geez that's pretty poopy. Hope you get your timetable soon

I'm sure you'll do fine for both math and english, just remember not to overdo it and take breaks :)

Haha lucky you!

Ramini17

HSC
Hey guys,
I'm afraid I've stuffed up this term bad and I was wondering if an 80 atar was still possible from here. These are my marks so far
Biology 75%
Gen maths 90%
Chemistry 55%
Advanced English 70%
Business studies 65%

Is there any hope honestly given that I knuckle down over the holidays and do reasonable in the half yearlies (80% at least) and further assessments that I can get something around 80, preferably 80+

Any insight would be much appreciated

boredofstudiesuser1

HSC
Hey guys,
I'm afraid I've stuffed up this term bad and I was wondering if an 80 atar was still possible from here. These are my marks so far
Biology 75%
Gen maths 90%
Chemistry 55%
Advanced English 70%
Business studies 65%

Is there any hope honestly given that I knuckle down over the holidays and do reasonable in the half yearlies (80% at least) and further assessments that I can get something around 80, preferably 80+

Of course! Those marks aren't even that bad. Also considering that Term 1 usually has the lowest weighting, AND we consider that assessment marks in total are only half the HSC, you've got heaps of chance to improve your marks.

Just make sure you identify your weaknesses, make a good study timetable, and make good use of these Christmas holidays. Without burning out of course.

All the best.

JSensation

HSC
maurice LOL NOONE ASKS "ARE YOU OK? YOU LOOK STRESSED" SMH
didnt u say u were gonna ace economics anyways

JSensation

HSC
Dude no way, I'm one day older than you!! Sagittarius squad 4lyfe haha
I'm spending my birthday studying too, I've got english, legal and society :(

Geez that's pretty poopy. Hope you get your timetable soon

I'm sure you'll do fine for both math and english, just remember not to overdo it and take breaks :)

Haha lucky you!
ayeee december saggitarius buddies mines 11th :p

Frostguard

HSC
Hey guys,
Biology 75%
Gen maths 90%
Chemistry 55%
Advanced English 70%
Business studies 65%

fam you gotta chill, this is our first lot of assessments, if you know you didn't perform as best as you possibly could, then it means you've got potential to perform better in your next lot of assessments, which is probably Half Yearlies, cheer up, study hard, but don't burn yourself out so you can achieve the best results you can. HSC is 50% internals and 50% externals, just ensure you perform better in the next assessments and bring your rank up!!!!

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Hey guys,
Biology 75%
Gen maths 90%
Chemistry 55%
Advanced English 70%
Business studies 65%

I will leave the comforting and encouraging words to the others that have already replied. Here is my suggested plan of attack
1. Find out how many people got band 5/6s in your school for each subject last year-either through google or asking your teachers-however, your school's annual report for 2016-2017 should have already been published so you should be able to get data from that.

2.Don't worry about your internal marks so much as worry more about your rank. Calculate what kind of ranks you need to get to the 80 ATAR line for each subject (or alternatively, you can try to play around with numbers in an ATAR calculator to do that), you probably need bankd 5s and a few band 4s for a 80+ ATAR. Then set goals for the kind of ranks you will aim to improve on by the end of each semester, and if you got those ranks, then tap yourself on the back and keep going, but if not, try harder, good way to keep yourself accountable and know that you are on track.

3. Only piece of motivational advice-if you are gonna give up after one set of assessment tasks, and worrying so much-you are wasting time and you need to build up your resilience, when you fail, pick yourself up, dust yourself off and try again. Avoid being overdramatic and make sure you maintain emotional stability and academic consistency-it will go a long way to help you enjoy year 12 and not make your happiness overtly dependent on your performance on assessment tasks. All the best of luck :)

highshill

HSC
Hey guys,
Biology 75%
Gen maths 90%
Chemistry 55%
Advanced English 70%
Business studies 65%

Have hope you can do it :D

highshill

HSC
I wonder if anything funny happened during your hsc year, today something weird happended with me my teacher asked our class what do want to become when you go in uni everyone is saying
"engineer", "vet", "pharmacist", "teacher" and then my turn came and I had the most awkward moment ever (since I was distracted reading a survivor's guide to the HSC)
Teacher: Highshill what do you want to be when you go into uni
Me (while distracted): "the hsc"
My teacher : "What"
I said " o sorry"

And the whole class is like o_O,
Conclusion: I hide myself in my book.
Lesson learnt : Do not read survivor guides when teachers ask "what do you want to do in life" question.

Frostguard

HSC
I wonder if anything funny happened during your hsc year, today something weird happended with me my teacher asked our class what do want to become when you go in uni everyone is saying
"engineer", "vet", "pharmacist", "teacher" and then my turn came and I had the most awkward moment ever (since I was distracted reading a survivor's guide to the HSC)
Teacher: Highshill what do you want to be when you go into uni
Me (while distracted): "the hsc"
My teacher : "What"
I said " o sorry"

And the whole class is like o_O,
Conclusion: I hide myself in my book.
Lesson learnt : Do not read survivor guides when teachers ask "what do you want to do in life" question.
T r a g i c
at least you didn't post a list of animes you watched onto the English group chat
I critiqued each anime with an emoji too
Literally was so embarrassed because my classmates bring it up too...

highshill

HSC
T r a g i c
at least you didn't post a list of animes you watched onto the English group chat
I critiqued each anime with an emoji too
Literally was so embarrassed because my classmates bring it up too...
I know how exactly you feel, once I had this friend (Still is) and she loves anime like there is no tomorrow, now don't get me wrong I think anime is pretty cool but it isn't me so I don't like, so my friend wont stop bugging me how great anime is and to not make her said I 'lied' that anime is super awesome and extra stuff... So one day she is texting me about anime being super cool and I am 'pretending' to like it. Soon I get a text from another friend (who was getting into anime to come a watch an anime movie with her) and I sadly was sick of anime enough so I literally wrote an essay telling her I don't like anime, but unfortunately sent it to my anime obsessed friend and when I noticed the number, it was too late.

What's really embarrassing is that I wrote that I just pretend around A to not hurt her feelings, and she read it.

How I solved the problem:
Avoided contact all day, was too embarrassed and by next day all was forgotten
"All's well that end's well" - Thank goodness :biggrin:

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)