2018ers Preliminary Chit Chat Thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PikyoK

HSC
Hey everyone!! Did you get your Prelim exam timetables?? Any double exams?? Thank god all my exams are spread out and I finish early too woo, how about you guys?
I did and I'm very happy with my schedule. I have no afternoon sessions lol:awesome:

PikyoK

HSC
What is the best way to study for my yearly English and Art exams?

Lumenoria

HSC
Hey everyone!! Did you get your Prelim exam timetables?? Any double exams?? Thank god all my exams are spread out and I finish early too woo, how about you guys?
Just got ours for our prelim yearly exams and holy crap, mine is an absolute nightmare - it's literally EXACTLY what I dreaded. I have not 1, not 2... but 3 DOUBLE UPS! I have English Ext on the same day as Multimedia, Mathematics on the same day as Legal Studies and Biology on the same day as Economics - ADVANCED ENGLISH IS THE ONLY EXAM I HAVE ALONE. Omg I actually can't believe this, I'm so salty about it hahahha.. I'm going to fail so many of these I swear to fucking god

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
Just got ours for our prelim yearly exams and holy crap, mine is an absolute nightmare - it's literally EXACTLY what I dreaded. I have not 1, not 2... but 3 DOUBLE UPS! I have English Ext on the same day as Multimedia, Mathematics on the same day as Legal Studies and Biology on the same day as Economics - ADVANCED ENGLISH IS THE ONLY EXAM I HAVE ALONE. Omg I actually can't believe this, I'm so salty about it hahahha.. I'm going to fail so many of these I swear to fucking god

Good luck at least it's not year 12 though

Frostguard

HSC
I did and I'm very happy with my schedule. I have no afternoon sessions lol:awesome:
I'd prefer more afternoon sessions though, gives me me more time to study, all my exams are in the morning and the only afternoon exam is Legal ;_;

Frostguard

HSC

I feel so sorry for you haHAHA, here I thought having one double exam was bad enough but three, it's like your school has it in for you LOL 'how can we possibly make lumenoria's Preliminary year even harder? Oh how about three double exams? Perfect.' Good luck though because I'm sure you'll need it but I guess since it's Prelims, you can focus on the ones you're doing well in and sacrifice the rest? I know how much you loveeeeee Biology so I guess study Eco over that LMAO

Last edited:

Lumenoria

HSC
I feel so sorry for you haHAHA, here I thought having one double exam was bad enough but three, it's like your school has it in for you LOL 'how can we possibly make lumenoria's Preliminary year even harder? Oh how about three double exams? Perfect.' Good luck though because I'm sure you'll need it but I guess since it's Prelims, you can focus on the ones you're doing well in and sacrifice the rest? I know how much you loveeeeee Biology so I guess study Eco over that LMAO
HAHHAHAHAHA I KNOW RIGHT!! UGH I hate having to prioritise certain subjects over others, holy crap. Honestly I'm not even going to bother with biology tbh I'm already failing, may as well fail some more lol

PikyoK

HSC
HAHHAHAHAHA I KNOW RIGHT!! UGH I hate having to prioritise certain subjects over others, holy crap. Honestly I'm not even going to bother with biology tbh I'm already failing, may as well fail some more lol

You're not alone :awesome:

I like to spread my subjects out evenly.

I'm falling in Economics and I don't really care about it because I'm going to drop it anyway at the end of Term 3 2017.

PikyoK

HSC
What topics do I need to study for in my Visual Arts Yearly Exam next Monday?

spaghettii

HSC
Uni Grad
What topics do I need to study for in my Visual Arts Yearly Exam next Monday?
Not sure if every school does their Vis Arts exams the same, but I'd recommend learning about 2 artists and 2 of their works in depth for the essay component of the exam. Otherwise, I reckon just reading up on various styles (impressionism, modernism, etc) and reading through or trying some practice exams for the short answer/extended response section.
Best of luck!! :D

spaghettii

HSC
Uni Grad
Year 11 is shit, I want to die :)
Same here lmao. In all seriousness, don't stress too much!! I've heard from many people that Year 11 is worse than Year 12 simply because of having to adjust to the volume of work - I'm sure things will clear up for you soon.
If you feel school's stressing you out too much, talk to someone. Trust me, it helps :)

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
Same here lmao. In all seriousness, don't stress too much!! I've heard from many people that Year 11 is worse than Year 12 simply because of having to adjust to the volume of work - I'm sure things will clear up for you soon.
If you feel school's stressing you out too much, talk to someone. Trust me, it helps :)
I feel like year 12 is much worse because you actually care about what you get in each assessment but in year 11 you're like whatever since the assessments won't count plus you'll be working harder in year 12 anyway so the workload increases by a lot!

spaghettii

HSC
Uni Grad
I feel like year 12 is much worse because you actually care about what you get in each assessment but in year 11 you're like whatever since the assessments won't count plus you'll be working harder in year 12 anyway so the workload increases by a lot!
Ah crap, here I was actually looking forward to next term OTL
I've been trying to keep up an optimistic attitude towards year 12 but the closer it gets to term 4 the more scared I've been getting ^^;

blackbird_14

HSC
Ah crap, here I was actually looking forward to next term OTL
I've been trying to keep up an optimistic attitude towards year 12 but the closer it gets to term 4 the more scared I've been getting ^^;
Term 4/ Term 1 Year 12 isn't that bad really. It's probably the most chill term of year 12, the assessments aren't too bad, and then you've got a month and a bit "study break". Then the year starts again and then shit gets real. But don't be scared, think of it as your last year of free (ish) education before Uni. Year 12 is like a little bump in the grand scheme of things!

spaghettii

HSC
Uni Grad
Term 4/ Term 1 Year 12 isn't that bad really. It's probably the most chill term of year 12, the assessments aren't too bad, and then you've got a month and a bit "study break". Then the year starts again and then shit gets real. But don't be scared, think of it as your last year of free (ish) education before Uni. Year 12 is like a little bump in the grand scheme of things!
Haha that's a good way of viewing it! Thanks :)

PikyoK

HSC
Not sure if every school does their Vis Arts exams the same, but I'd recommend learning about 2 artists and 2 of their works in depth for the essay component of the exam. Otherwise, I reckon just reading up on various styles (impressionism, modernism, etc) and reading through or trying some practice exams for the short answer/extended response section.
Best of luck!! :D
Thank you so much! Good luck in your exams too :jump: :)

comic_freak

HSC
Good luck for your exams!! I know I failed English. I have never written so much rubbish in my life. YOLO

Deadboxes

HSC
My timetable wasn't that bad surprisingly, it was an exam day after day with just an overlap of PDHPE and IPT.
I cannot wait to drop IPT, the subject is such a boring subject when told by my teacher and i don't find it interesting so I'm most likely gonna drop it next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)