2018ers Preliminary Chit Chat Thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

spaghettii

HSC
Uni Grad
Is it better to study with music or without music?
Depends on the subject, but I'd say with music

I find music with no lyrics is a lot better though, since it acts as background noise and causes less distraction

spaghettii

HSC
Uni Grad
Half of my exams done woop woop
Not gonna bother with physics since I'm dropping it. Its two hours tho and I'm pretty sure we haven't even learnt that much content so idk what I'm gonna do that whole time
Other than that I've just got 2 and 3 unit math and legal studies left
I wanna study super hard for legal tho since I've got a 100% streak going on

Speaking of, how hard would it be to get a state ranking in legal studies? I wanna aim for it but not if its ridiculously hard

HoldingOn

HSC
You're a god
Mine was weird because it was out of 50, 25% all together, Belonging, Short Answers (15 mk) and Creative (also 15mk) was 5% but at 30 marks (lol???) and Module C was 20% at 20 marks. Essentially the entire cohort started the essay first and some spent so much time on Module C they didn't even bother attempting the creative, which is 15 marks but only worth 2.5%, that's why I was kinda bummed out because I at least wanted to attempt all sections but looking back I should've spent more time on my Mod C essay.....
Ours was out of 50 as well. 15 Reading- Journeys. 15 Writing- Journeys. And then a mock Mod B out of 20.

Learn1

HSC
Depends on the subject, but I'd say with music

I find music with no lyrics is a lot better though, since it acts as background noise and causes less distraction
That's probably a good idea actually cause I get a song stuck in my head and then I can't focus on anything else.

comic_freak

HSC
Is it better to study with music or without music?
I generally don't study with music. But when I do, it isn't exactly music. I literally just go to youtube and pop up a two hour video of raindrops. I find it calming idk.

comic_freak

HSC
OMG Prelims are finally over. I have never felt so free. But I feel weird not preparing or studying for a subject. How about you guys? Is today your last day or is it next week?

Lumenoria

HSC
OMG Prelims are finally over. I have never felt so free. But I feel weird not preparing or studying for a subject. How about you guys? Is today your last day or is it next week?
My last exam is next Monday, English Extension x.x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lumenoria

HSC
Do you rote learn English Extension? Like, prepare a creative in advance and adapt it to the stimulus?

Good luck, by the way!
Aw thankyou! And yeah I do, I have really bad mental blanks with it if I don't prepare—my creatives turn to literal shit. I can do essays on the spot if need be, but definitely not creative hahha. Even the idea of having to adapt to the stimulus puts on edge lol, I've thought about some possibilities and I know for a fact some of them simply wouldn't work with my story, so I'm kinda praying for myself lol. Plus, my creatives usually equivocate between 800-950 words so it only usually takes me 30-ish minutes to write out with something prepared, leaving me with heaps of time for the essay. Whereas, if I didn't prepare, it would probably take me triple that amount hahahahaha. I'll probably fail either way though; I only just finished the roughest essay draft today which I wont even be able to hand in to my teacher—I have never been so unprepared for an essay in my life. Therefore, I'll probably lose my rank haha... fuck

Last edited:

kendallkreene

HSC
Aw thankyou! And yeah I do, I have really bad mental blanks with it if I don't prepare—my creatives turn to literal shit. I can do essays on the spot if need be, but definitely not creative hahha. Even the idea of having to adapt to the stimulus puts on edge lol, I've thought about some possibilities and I know for a fact some of them simply wouldn't work with my story, so I'm kinda praying for myself lol. Plus, my creatives usually equivocate between 800-950 words so it only usually takes me 30-ish minutes to write out with something prepared, leaving me with heaps of time for the essay. Whereas, if I didn't prepare, it would probably take me triple that amount hahahahaha. I'll probably fail either way though; I only just finished the roughest essay draft today which I wont even be able to hand in to my teacher—I have never been so unprepared for an essay in my life. Therefore, I'll probably lose my rank haha... fuck

I had my English Ext. exam today. I find it fairly easy to improvise on the spot, which is what I did. Also, my teacher didn't like the dark ending to my prepared story, and I wasn't bothered to change it, so I just trashed it and winged one on the spot with the help of the stimulus and my own twisted imagination. :D

At my old school, I winded up getting 100% for all my creatives just by winging them on the day. But it seems like prepared stories are the custom at this school/and/or/Year 11. So, don't know how I'll go, considering that everyone used a prepared story. I mean, if I don't do well, then I'll just prepare a story next time, although I can't help but feel that memorising creatives stifles my creative "flow". :(

Anyway, I'm sure you did fine, though! Ranks are no big deal, they reset in Year 12. :)

kendallkreene

HSC
I have an exam in less than 4 hours. Did not study very effectively and consistently throughout the term, so this is my first time in my entire high school life that I am cramming the night and morning before an exam. I'll be happy to pull a solid 80, but i'll tell y'all how it goes

It just seems better to cram in Year 11 than 12, plus I just want to test my short-term memory. It's not like it's the prelims :p
It's not like it's the prelims :p
It's not like
the prelims :p

Yet here I am, cramming for the prelims.

GOSHDARNITT KENDALL

Lumenoria

HSC
I had my English Ext. exam today. I find it fairly easy to improvise on the spot, which is what I did. Also, my teacher didn't like the dark ending to my prepared story, and I wasn't bothered to change it, so I just trashed it and winged one on the spot with the help of the stimulus and my own twisted imagination. :D

At my old school, I winded up getting 100% for all my creatives just by winging them on the day. But it seems like prepared stories are the custom at this school/and/or/Year 11. So, don't know how I'll go, considering that everyone used a prepared story. I mean, if I don't do well, then I'll just prepare a story next time, although I can't help but feel that memorising creatives stifles my creative "flow". :(

Anyway, I'm sure you did fine, though! Ranks are no big deal, they reset in Year 12. :)
Oh god nopee, I'm the opposite—I've gotten full marks before for winging essay on the spot, but creative is a definite no no. I've literally devoid of that "creative flow", nothing comes to my brain! Hahaha well given that you have an abundance of creative juices in your brain, I'm sure you did absolutely fine! God, I'm cramming so hard right now.. and I know they reset, but I'd rather not see it drop after working so hard towards it hahhahahha. Plus, if my English Ext rank is good, I can use it to "appeal" for my place in Advanced if I don't make the top 40 cut hahahah

spaghettii

HSC
Uni Grad
Just winged my mathematics exam today and I haven't started studying for legal which is tomorrow. I've lost all motivation to study I just want the term to be over haha OTL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)