2019s Prelim HSC Chit Chat Thread (1 Viewer)

BienvenueAMusA

HSC
Not sure if my teachers will give a lot of hand outs but I'm planning to get a big binder or lever arch file and put dividers in so I can have my hand outs with me at all times. I'm also planning on getting a 128pg binder book for each subject. Is this too much or will it be fine? Will the big binder/lever arch file be enough for ALL of my hand outs from ALL subjects (they can hold 200-375 depending on which one I buy), or should I just get separate binders for each subject?

I've been using grid books for Maths since forever but I've read some threads on here and majority of people are saying to just get a normal lined book so you can prepare for the HSC as they will just give you lined paper to do your working out. What are your thoughts on this?

Sorry for all the questions, I just really need help because I wanna be organised and on top of my game this year.

i honestly think you should get a binder for each subject haha
use lined books, not grid. you need to get used to using lined paper!

also, don't put too much effort or you'll burn out, like others have told me

illuminateclub

HSC
i honestly think you should get a binder for each subject haha
use lined books, not grid. you need to get used to using lined paper!

also, don't put too much effort or you'll burn out, like others have told me
Yeah I think I will haha, would it be too much with an exercise book for each subject as well though? And yep that's what I had in mind, I'm most likely gonna get a lined book for Maths. How are you organising your work this year?

I've seen people say that too so I'll try my best not to, but I feel like I did slack quite a bit in Year 10 so I definitely wanna put a lot more effort into Year 11.

Last edited:

fairybread

HSC
Hey everyone, goodluck to us all for this year and next!! I know this question has been briefly asked but how does everyone organise notes and work in senior years. Our school hasn't told us what supplies to buy and I'm not sure whether to use books like junior years or a binder for one or for all subjects, loose lined paper??? what options most efficient? pls help :)

Last edited:

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Not sure if my teachers will give a lot of hand outs but I'm planning to get a big binder or lever arch file and put dividers in so I can have my hand outs with me at all times. I'm also planning on getting a 128pg binder book for each subject. Is this too much or will it be fine? Will the big binder/lever arch file be enough for ALL of my hand outs from ALL subjects (they can hold 200-375 depending on which one I buy), or should I just get separate binders for each subject?

I've been using grid books for Maths since forever but I've read some threads on here and majority of people are saying to just get a normal lined book so you can prepare for the HSC as they will just give you lined paper to do your working out. What are your thoughts on this?

Sorry for all the questions, I just really need help because I wanna be organised and on top of my game this year.
I'd get seperate binders for each subjects. Large binders can get heavy (+ break) so probably best not to have to transport them every where. An A4 dispaly folder to transport what is needed for school should allow you to have a lighter load to carry.

And with the maths book probably doesn't really matter as much, but I still prefer grid books.

confvsed

HSC
hey everyoneeee,

im doing 3u maths, 3u eng, phys, legal and eco,
for how im organisingggg:
- binder for 2u and 3u maths handouts (should i sort by 2u/3u or topic?)
- i got a cute b5 binder w grid paper for all maths theory
- grid books for maths
- binder for 2u and 3u eng handouts
- binder for phys
- notebook for phys notes + diagrams + yknow everything
- binder for legal and eco
- im gonna type all my notes for eng, phys, legal, eco and print them weekly (??) idk yet but thank god for free printing at school
- a phaaat binder or two home for all my subjects so i can leave stuff from old topics at home so i can carry less

i'm not a fan of writing on loose sheets bc they break easily and theyre annoying but i dont like how with notebooks you cant add more paper between pages if you find additional info etc /;

also guys, how do you take notes and organise on your laptops? do you do everything on one word doc? or onenote? ive tried onenote and using one word doc and also having one doc per lesson. i think im gonna have a new doc for each topic now that we're actually following a syllabus

area11insyd

HSC
What's up folks, been lurking for a while and what better time to start posting than the start of year 11 ("yay how exciting" I say mildly terrified)
Subjects - 3units English, 3units Maths, Modern History, Legal Studies, Drama, Economics.

illuminateclub

HSC
I'd get seperate binders for each subjects. Large binders can get heavy (+ break) so probably best not to have to transport them every where. An A4 dispaly folder to transport what is needed for school should allow you to have a lighter load to carry.

And with the maths book probably doesn't really matter as much, but I still prefer grid books.
That's true, I ended up getting binders for each subject and an extra binder to bring to school with what I need in it.

Oh okay, I bought a lined book anyway haha. Thanks!

Last edited:

BienvenueAMusA

HSC
Yeah I think I will haha, would it be too much with an exercise book for each subject as well though? And yep that's what I had in mind, I'm most likely gonna get a lined book for Maths. How are you organising your work this year?

I've seen people say that too so I'll try my best not to, but I feel like I did slack quite a bit in Year 10 so I definitely wanna put a lot more effort into Year 11.

apart from the binders, i honestly don't know what i'm doing in terms of organisation haha
i have a vague idea but tbh just gonna yolo and yeah learn from my many mistakes ^_^

KingTings

HSC
What's up folks, been lurking for a while and what better time to start posting than the start of year 11 ("yay how exciting" I say mildly terrified)
Subjects - 3units English, 3units Maths, Modern History, Legal Studies, Drama, Economics.
Lmao, R E L A T E

fires

HSC
N/A
Can't wait to get fked over by the new english syllabus, it's so strange so far the common module is crap; reading to write, writing to read or whatever the fuck it is. NESA, bostes or whatever it is now might even make us write letters, interviews, monologues, news reports or some bs like that for our hsc creative it's so stupid (they're trying to make us stop having prepared responses especially for essays) why would we go through our years of schooling learning to mainly write essays and narratives?

Last edited:
HSC
Can't wait to get fucked over by the new english syllabus, it's so strange so far the common module is crap; reading to write, writing to read or whatever the fuck it is. NESA, bostes or whatever it is now might even make us write letters, interviews, monologues, news reports or some bs like that for our hsc creative it's so stupid (they're trying to make us stop having prepared responses especially for essays) why would we go through our years of schooling learning to mainly write essays and narratives.
amen. We're reading a two page story that has the most stupid plot ever.

fires

HSC
N/A
amen. We're reading a two page story that has the most stupid plot ever.
we analysed the rubric and did some hippy surveys like how often do you read and write tf, as well as writing reflections on random texts and listened to some eng edinburgh podcast about writing and clarity, my school can't teach eng at all only like 7 b6 each year

Aviator_13

HSC
Im legit so confused if i should stay in adv eng or drop down to standard. Im not confident at all with this new syllabus and on top of that i am hopeless in creative writing. Currently my subjects are : Physics, Chemistry, Ext 1 maths, Advanced English, Economics and SOR I.

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Im legit so confused if i should stay in adv eng or drop down to standard. Im not confident at all with this new syllabus and on top of that i am hopeless in creative writing. Currently my subjects are : Physics, Chemistry, Ext 1 maths, Advanced English, Economics and SOR I.
Stick in Advanced English. The aligning is a lot better then for standard.

fires

HSC
N/A
what's everyone's favourite subject so far?

mine's chem

HSC
we analysed the rubric and did some hippy surveys like how often do you read and write tf, as well as writing reflections on random texts and listened to some eng edinburgh podcast about writing and clarity, my school can't teach eng at all only like 7 b6 each year
Ripppp

KingTings

HSC
I've really been enjoying economics, business and physics. Teacher for chem is kind of a drag and not enthusiastic at all :tongue:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)