2020-HSC chat (1 Viewer)

Drdusk

HSC
Uni Grad
What subjects is everyone doing?

Time&moretime

HSC
Is it worthwhile to buy the Pearsons HSC NSW Physics textbook (new syllabus) ? Searching for inputs on this before forking out the 'reddies'. :)

Drdusk

HSC
Uni Grad
Advanced english, physics, business, economics, 3u 4u maths - its gonna be a rough year
It's going to be a great year you mean! Just make sure you stay on top of 4u as it can be a pretty lethal subject if you fall behind.

Modern history
English standard
Business studies
legal studies
IPT
That's pretty cool, you seem to be a fan of the humanities. Are you going to study it in University as well?

Drdusk

HSC
Uni Grad
adv eng, 3u, 4u, chem, bio, econ
Maybe procrastinating this hol wasnt a great idea...
I pretty much procrastinated on HSC stuff in those holidays and turned out fine. I think your goal should be now to at least use the remainder of your holidays being productive and also making sure you don't fall behind which may require a bit more extra effort but still doable.

HSC
It's going to be a great year you mean! Just make sure you stay on top of 4u as it can be a pretty lethal subject if you fall behind.
haha maybe it will! I've self taught myself 4u so far and its going decent so hopefully i can maintain that throughout this year along with physics!

Drdusk

HSC
Uni Grad
Eng Adv, 4u Math, Eco and Hosp VET. I dropped a second subject after term 4, it's feels amazing that the workload is off my shoulders.
You sure are lucky. I was forced to do 12 units so I just used my extra unit to ease the Hsc stress by playing games in class. It was IPT btw.

Funny enough I didn't even know what option topics we did until I asked half an hour before the Hsc exam and I still ended up with a mark of like 80

studiesofboard

HSC
What should I do if my group is not contributing in an assignment that we have to do. I have emailed and all that. Should I complete the assignemt myself and obvisiously not let them get the marks because they failed to contribute.

Drdusk

HSC
Uni Grad
What should I do if my group is not contributing in an assignment that we have to do. I have emailed and all that. Should I complete the assignemt myself and obvisiously not let them get the marks because they failed to contribute.
Ah that is always a messy situation because you can just tell the teacher and so your teacher will have to give an estimate for that part which isn't always accurate and if you trust yourself in that you know you go do good work then I recommend you to do it yourself.

Same thing happened to me, the night before an assignment was due one of my group members said they had 'lost' their part because their hard drive failed but I was confident they hadn't done it. I ended up staying up the whole night doing it and we ended up with 98% for the assignment which is probably better than what I would've gotten had I gone to the teacher the day after and complained about my partner not contributing. I also didn't tell the teacher anything about my partner not contributing but that is up to you to decide if you want to. I would recommend doing it yourself if you trust yourself to do it well...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)