2021 LAT Results (1 Viewer)

satvik_1008

HSC
Nah its the median for UNSW law. Some ppl from UNSW were giving a presentation at my school (advertising their uni) and I asked them it, the median for those entering UNSW law in 2021 was like 78 or 79 from memory
median for entry into unsw law?

median for the exam must be very different to median for acceptance into unsw law

specificagent1

HSC
I was referring to the median for acceptance into UNSW Law as that's what matters the most. I know a score of 79 was the median for acceptance last year, but if that same score has you beating significantly more people this year then surely that's something to consider. I know they don't use the percentile to compare students for acceptance but if fewer people have the same or better score then you will be more competitive.
yea they decide the cut off based of how the cohort performed

O01x

HSC
if u guys are certain you aren't going to get in just do B Arts or something (or another course) for a semester, get a good WAM then transfer

airora

HSC
would a mark of 82 (90th percentile) be competitive enough for a ~96 atar? I don't know whether to redo the test next year

kevindebruyne

HSC
i've heard around about previous entries:

• 98.8 atar, 30th percentile lat
  • 95 atar, 50th percentile lat
  • 98 atar, 80th percentile lat
these r what my law friends got
How did one of your friends get in with 95 atar and 50th percentile lat? Did he/she have EAS?

absydau

HSC
I got 73 LAT score and 62 percentile and wondering is there any chance someone can advise how much ATAR I need. I am in year 11 this year. thanks

mikrokosmos

HSC
How did one of your friends get in with 95 atar and 50th percentile lat? Did he/she have EAS?
not sure sorry! she was a friend of a friend shouldve specified :) but she didnt mention any of that. apparently it was bc of low international students

specificagent1

HSC
not sure sorry! she was a friend of a friend shouldve specified :) but she didnt mention any of that. apparently it was bc of low international students
nah shouldnt be, LAT + ATAR has always been only for domestic. Internationals dont go through this process.

kevindebruyne

HSC
fair enough cheers

nah shouldnt be, LAT + ATAR has always been only for domestic. Internationals dont go through this process.
but wouldn't a low number international students mean more space for domestic students?

satvik_1008

HSC
fair enough cheers

but wouldn't a low number international students mean more space for domestic students?
Nah it doesn't since the federal government still sponsors the same amount of Commonwealth Support Places (CSPs) so the spots for domestic students stay the same

Unless ur willing to fork up the whole uni fees upfront.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)