2021 LAT Results (2 Viewers)

stupidpersonlol

HSC
wait can we get adjustment points (for example getting 99 selection rank) - can we still get into unsw

Saint Dev

HSC
wait can we get adjustment points (for example getting 99 selection rank) - can we still get into unsw
You got 66th percentile right? It's hard to compare between years but for entry into UNSW Law in 2021 the median atar was 96.9 and the median lat was 79 (roughly 69th percentile). So I think a 99 would be a bit overkill. But it would depend on what adjustment points you got because many bonuses don't apply for law.

stupidpersonlol

HSC
You got 66th percentile right? It's hard to compare between years but for entry into UNSW Law in 2021 the median atar was 96.9 and the median lat was 79 (roughly 69th percentile). So I think a 99 would be a bit overkill.
so do we get adjustment points lmao- i really need them to get in

Saint Dev

HSC
so do we get adjustment points lmao- i really need them to get in
Yeah, I just edited what I wrote but it will depend on what adjustment points you are looking at. I know the AAA might count and other equity schemes but I don't think many others do. You definitely aren't going to get points for a B6 in English Advanced like you would with other courses.

icycledough

HSC
Congratulations to everyone who successfully completed the LAT ... I didn't do it myself, but I have heard from other people who have written it before that it is a very difficult exam, so well done to everyone. 👍

Saint Dev

HSC
yea i got cocked with a 79 score but i think that’s the median so ATAR will clutch up for sure
If you got a score of 79 that should be like 80 something percentile. That's definitely above the median... you must be looking at the median for last year.

zbolland

HSC
If you got a score of 79 that should be like 80 something percentile. That's definitely above the median... you must be looking at the median for last year.
median for entry into unsw law?

median for the exam must be very different to median for acceptance into unsw law

specificagent1

HSC
Congratz everyone on giving this a try. Also to note that UNSW Law entrance only looks at your LAT score and not your Lat percentile. It's hard to say what the cut off is because of your ATAR too. As mentioned by some people, UNSW reserves the right to not count the LAT score for individuals with very high ATAR's and as suggested by some that is 98+ (im not sure if this is true though). To my knowledge, UNSW Law only considers EAS for bonus points

Saint Dev

HSC
median for entry into unsw law?

median for the exam must be very different to median for acceptance into unsw law
I was referring to the median for acceptance into UNSW Law as that's what matters the most. I know a score of 79 was the median for acceptance last year, but if that same score has you beating significantly more people this year then surely that's something to consider. I know they don't use the percentile to compare students for acceptance but if fewer people have the same or better score then you will be more competitive.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)