• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

2023 HSC chat (3 Viewers)

breadcrumbs

HSC
english makes me think of all my life choices
i put off studying english to do other subjects then i get slapped in the face when i realise english is the first hsc exam so i should actually be prioritising it a little but i am simply so demotivated and drained from this terrible subject but the thought that october 12th is the last time im ever going to take an english exam is getting me through this

its_ace21

/æɪs/
HSC
i put off studying english to do other subjects then i get slapped in the face when i realise english is the first hsc exam so i should actually be prioritising it a little but i am simply so demotivated and drained from this terrible subject but the thought that october 12th is the last time im ever going to take an english exam is getting me through this
im literally relying on my cohort

Masaken

Unknown Member
HSC
The implication that the “hollow men” are metaphorically shells spiritually void is furthered in the figurative depiction of their mental state as being equivalent to a symbolic scarecrow in “headpiece filled with straw”, which exposes the psychological deprivation the men suffer as a result of their lack of directionality and absent moral conviction, struggling to assert greater purpose in their lives as their minds are filled with empty truisms, their voices “quiet and meaningless”.
i just got ptsd from a poem i don't even study

breadcrumbs

HSC
i am a prufrock and preludes and rhapsody hater (please dont prescribe a poem and if u do let it be hollow men or magi but probs wont be hollow men since they prescribed an extract in 2020)

SadCeliac

done hsc yay
HSC
The implication that the “hollow men” are metaphorically shells spiritually void is furthered in the figurative depiction of their mental state as being equivalent to a symbolic scarecrow in “headpiece filled with straw”, which exposes the psychological deprivation the men suffer as a result of their lack of directionality and absent moral conviction, struggling to assert greater purpose in their lives as their minds are filled with empty truisms, their voices “quiet and meaningless”.
Command C command v
Wow how did that end up in my essay?!

yepImhere

HSC
the hsc timetable for people doing ext languages really sucks you guys really never get a break with speaking hscs, trials and then written hscs
I know its so painful cause I wanna study my other stuff but I have to prioritise this, but at least it's done : D
my continuers speaking was the weekend in the middle of trials so that was so fun

good luck!! what language are u studying?
chinese 中文

is it like a monologue thing?
my freidsn have done like 60 monologues this week to practiece ahhaha
omg don't say that 😭 I'm so stressed, I'm trying to study rn

SadCeliac

done hsc yay
HSC
I know its so painful cause I wanna study my other stuff but I have to prioritise this, but at least it's done : D
my continuers speaking was the weekend in the middle of trials so that was so fun

chinese 中文

GOOD LUCK
*Aggressive gl spam is exactly what you need rn*

carrotsss

HSC

chinese 中文

good luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)