• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

2023 HSC chat (5 Viewers)

carrotsss

HSC
my essays are soo long it takes me like 50
then make them shorter or write faster huh

you only get 40 min per essay (excl the paper 1 essay) so you can’t exactly just go over - how many exam booklet pages are your essays?

its_ace21

/æɪs/
HSC
then make them shorter or write faster huh

you only get 40 min per essay (excl the paper 1 essay) so you can’t exactly just go over - how many exam booklet pages are your essays?
yea i do write fast its why i can finish and i usually write like 8-10 pages

carrotsss

HSC
my teacher just wrote to me saying i write too much and i wont be able to finish (and i write so fast u can barely read)
then ig make ur essay shorter

6-8 pages should be enough for full marks if ur essay is good anyway

carrotsss

HSC
SHE JUST SAID MY ESSAY IS TOO LONG THEN SHE SAYS ANALYSE MORE WHATTTT
try to be more concise, one thing I do to fix my conciseness is go through my essay sentence by sentence and cut things out/refine each sentence and get rid of any fluff. if it’s particularly bad I aim to make sure I’m somehow changing every sentence unless it’s actually perfect

breadcrumbs

HSC
yeah same for prelims, hows sor 1 btw i might be dropping down to 1 unit in yr 12, depends tho
i do very minimal study for sor1 which is probably pretty bad and do not recommend but i have absolutely no interest in the content at all but ive been able to push through somehow. my least favourite thing abt the course though is having to memorise australian census data in the 1st topic (religious landscape from 1945-present) where u gotta memorise like the percentages of each religion and like the patterns over time and stuff

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)