2023 HSC chat (2 Viewers)

nsw..wollongong

HSC
"A popular internet theory is that Iggle Piggle is really adrift on the ocean, and the Garden is his dying hallucination." - google
the best shows are the most controversial
robbie rotten had cancer and Mr maker was depressed what else

SadCeliac

done hsc yay
HSC
predicting atars for people
@synthesisFR 99.3
@carrotsss 99.75
@Masaken somewhere in 99s
@SadCeliac high 98
others idk
look i'd happily take a high 98 😭 at this rate english is in the gutter

idk what the hell I just wrote someone help me fix this intro 😭 😭 😭

‘In comparing T. S. Eliot's early poetry to his later work, differences appear in terms of his style and approach to the subject matter.’

Evaluate this statement in light of your study of Eliot’s poetry.

In your response, make close reference to TWO poems from the prescribed text.

One’s perception of the world is subject to change over time. Eliot’s poetry is no different, and transforms to reflect his current state of mind and Modernist opinions through varying levels of optimism and depictions of spirituality. This statement is true to a large extent, as Eliot demonstrates the changing nature of poetry through his two contrasting poems, “The Hollow Men” and “Journey of the Magi”. Through his representations of modern spirituality across poems, Eliot enables his audience to see two of Eliot’s starkly different opinions, as expected per Eliot’s change in maturity, and outlook on the world over time. “The Hollow Men”, which conveys Eliot’s post-WW2 depression and lack of hope, depicts a world void of spirituality and connection, however, “Journey of the Magi” demonstrates how in finding spirituality, the individual transcends the physical constraints of the modern world to find a better purpose. Evidently, the stark contrast between the two poems reflects how Eliot’s poetic style and approach on the subject matter both changes over time.

s9a

HSC

‘In comparing T. S. Eliot's early poetry to his later work, differences appear in terms of his style and approach to the subject matter.’

One’s perception of the world is subject to change over time. Eliot’s poetry is no different, and transforms to reflect his current state of mind and Modernist opinions through varying levels of optimism and depictions of spirituality. This statement is true to a large extent, as Eliot demonstrates the changing nature of poetry through his two contrasting poems, “The Hollow Men” and “Journey of the Magi”. Through his representations of modern spirituality across poems, Eliot enables his audience to see two of Eliot’s starkly different opinions, as expected per Eliot’s change in maturity, and outlook on the world over time. “The Hollow Men”, which conveys Eliot’s post-WW2 depression and lack of hope, depicts a world void of spirituality and connection, however, “Journey of the Magi” demonstrates how in finding spirituality, the individual transcends the physical constraints of the modern world to find a better purpose. Evidently, the stark contrast between the two poems reflects how Eliot’s poetic style and approach on the subject matter both changes over time.
awkward sentences
link to question
how?
why?
no.

s9a

HSC
are those questions or answers :D

yes I know its damn awkward, idk what I'm saying
also I'm trying to link to the question :D
im joking😭 i j regurgitated generic english feedback. i didnt do ts eliot lol or i woulda acc helped lol

synthesisFR

しゃけ
HSC

U literally got the context wrong lol it’s not post ww2

SadCeliac

done hsc yay
HSC
@s9a is this better <3

One’s perception of the world is subject to change over time. Eliot’s poetry is no different, transforming over time to reflect his current state of mind on critical modernist opinions, most notably, his depictions of spirituality and man’s connection to himself. Thus, this statement is true to a large extent, as seen in Eliot’s contrasting poems, “The Hollow Men” and “Journey of the Magi”, which demonstrate starkly different representations of the subject matter of spirituality. “The Hollow Men”, which conveys Eliot’s post-WW2 depression and lack of hope, depicts a world void of spirituality and connection, suggesting that man is trapped within a hopeless reality. On the other hand, the more optimistic “Journey of the Magi” demonstrates how by finding spirituality, the individual is able to transcend the physical constraints of the modern world to find a better purpose. Evidently, by framing different opinions throughout his changing poetic repertoire, Eliot’s poetic style and approach on critical subject matters change over time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)